Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

12 days data in 5 mts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Problems & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author 12 days data in 5 mts
rampriya9
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: 12 days data in 5 mts Reply with quote

hi,
is it possible to watch 12 days 5 mts data intra day.if yes how to do it. Crying or Very sad
rj2900
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: received no reply Reply with quote

I have also addressed few mails on the subject but unfortunately didn't get any reply.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rj2900,

Please take some time out and read the "JCharts Help PDF", the instructions to increase the number of days of data in the chart start at the bottom of page no. 5 in this help file. We have provided you a link to this help file in the subscription confirmation email (when you first subscribed to our service). We have even provided this link just above the chart applet on JCharts (Premium) page and below the chart applet on JCharts (Basic) page.

rj2900
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Please reply this also Reply with quote

Dear Sir (Swing Trader)
I am a subscriber since May. I have already gone through your J Charts help. After that I sent three four mails in details but couldn't get any reply. The thing is if something is not clear from J charts help, we have no option except to ask you people. You can not presume that everybody is technically sound and comfortable with the high end usage of computers as you people are. One even may not understand fully what is explained in J Charts help. I have tried my level best to find out the solution for my problem but couldn't get it only then I reverted back to you. My querry was very simple - whether we can have running (live) chart for 15-20 or 30 days in market hours for 20-30 or 60 minutes. I have tried my level best. The screen shows maximum three days chart in market hours. I have changed settings also for many times by clicking on 5 days, 7 days etc but it shows maximum three days only. Or maximum we can have daily candle stick chart for the choice period. I found out that I could get 15-20 or 30m min chart for the period of my choice in historical charts but not in running market time. Now if you have any solution to this problem, I think your technical department must drop a line in response to my querry. Rest everything I have learnt from J charts help only by experimenting myself and have never disturbed your technical department. So in the event of any querry, a timely response shall be highly appreciateed.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear rj2900,

I am extremely sorry. Yes, I see that your Aug 26th email about this has not been replied to yet by our tech support (we have received only 1 email about this issue from you). I will look into it, I will be sending you the procedure (given below) by email also.

Please follow the following procedure once and see if you get more data (if you still don't get it, let me know, and I will change your settings in our database):

1. Click timeframe settings button in JCharts (this is the 1st button to the right of the intraday timeframe changing option dropdown list). This will open the "Timeframe settings" window.

2. Change "Intraday Timeframe" to the number of days of data you want to see in the chart. NOTE: During market hours the number of days are restricted to 30 days only (between 9:45 AM & 13:30 PM). If you set more than 30 days as the intraday timeframe setting, you will get 30 days data only during market hours.

3. Clock OK button to close "Intraday Timeframe" settings window.

4. Click "Save Preferences" button to save the changed setting. This is the 2nd button on the bottom button bar (below the chart / scrip list). There is a picture of floppy disk on this button.

5. Press the F5 button to reload the page OR logoff & login again.

6. Start JCharts again and you will get more data in the charts as per your new setting.

Let me know if you continue to face this issue.

Regards.

Last edited by SwingTrader on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: 12 days data in 5 mts Reply with quote

rampriya9 wrote:
hi,
is it possible to watch 12 days 5 mts data intra day.if yes how to do it. Crying or Very sad

Please follow the procedure given by me in the post below and see if you get more data in the charts. Let me know if you continue to face this issue.

Regards.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rj2900,

I just checked your JCharts settings that you have saved, it is 2. You will get only 2 days data.

rj2900
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Thanks for help Reply with quote

Dear Swing Trader,
Please don't embarass me by saying sorry. You are a nice person who is working over time even on Sundays for subscribers. In fact I used to change the settings but never saved the preferences and reload the page. Now as you have guided me, I have done so and my problem stands resolved. So I thank you for taking pain personally in solving my problem and believe me that your this effort of helping me is really appreciated from heart.
Rajesh Joshi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Problems & Complaints All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: