Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

25 Rules For Traders
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Risk / Money Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author 25 Rules For Traders
maneesh007
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #16   PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trade, trade & trade( initially in very small quantities & gradually increase) ... rules will start popping out like popcorns Mr. Green ...then compare with the list , u will find that both r almost same but still there is a difference...first list is learned one, while as second is earned one ...just a personal view friends , no offences at all Very Happy
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #17   PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk_a2003 wrote:
Casper!

Thanks for your response . You are the one Trader who always extends your helping hand to every new trader and try to address there concerns.

Eventhough, some times there concerns are silly and basic.

You have a lot of patience.

Thank you very much friend.

hi brother

when u see things from an experts view, things will seem to be basic and silly, but think once who are facing them for the first time...... i am sure for them, these things matter a lot

as i wrote in past, that i had to toil a lot to learn whatever little bit i know today [i toil to learn today also, its a never ending process] so i know how helpless one can feel if he never gets any one willing to help, besides, i dont do it selflessly either, this gives me an excellent practice opportunity
too

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
amitsaraf01
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Paul Tudor Jones Reply with quote

At 56, Paul Tudor Jones is a self made billionaire with a net worth of 3.3 billion and is ranked as the 336th richest person in the world, he knows exactly how to trade the biggest money for the biggest returns. One of Jones’ earliest and major successes was anticipating and trading through Black Monday in 1987, tripling his money during the event due to large short positions. The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped by 508 points to 1738.74 (-22.61%) on that day. While the majority of others lost more than they ever had in their lifetime, Jone’s was on the other side of their trade making a fortune. That is the sign of a truly great trader making money at the tipping points that most others miss. Paul Tudor Jones has returned double digit annual returns to his investors for decades. He is one of the greatest traders to have ever lived, we need to sit up and listen closely to his advice, it is priceless.

Risk Management

“Don’t focus on making money; focus on protecting what you have.”

“Where you want to be is always in control, never wishing, always trading, and always, first and foremost protecting your butt.”

“At the end of the day, the most important thing is how good are you at risk control.”

Trader Psychology

“Every day I assume every position I have is wrong.”

“Losers average losers.”

“Trading is very competitive and you have to be able to handle getting your butt kicked.”

Method

“I believe the very best money is made at the market turns. Everyone says you get killed trying to pick tops and bottoms and you make all your money by playing the trend in the middle. Well for twelve years I have been missing the meat in the middle but I have made a lot of money at tops and bottoms.”

“The secret to being successful from a trading perspective is to have an indefatigable and an undying and unquenchable thirst for information and knowledge.”

“The concept of paying one-hundred-and-something times earnings for any company for me is just anathema. Having said that, at the end of the day, your job is to buy what goes up and to sell what goes down so really who gives a damn about PE’s?”
“The whole world is simply nothing more than a flow chart for capital.”
That cotton trade was almost the deal breaker for me. It was at that point that I said, ‘Mr. Stupid, why risk everything on one trade? Why not make your life a pursuit of happiness rather than pain?’
Here is a link to a documentary that he filmed for public television in 1987.
cha1062
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

GOLDEN WORDS
rameshraja When you are young work hard.. There is no substitute to hard work.
• rameshraja we can't fight with the market.. we are just a drop in the ocean

• rameshraja YOu should know to trail the trade for money management

• rameshraja The success of a trade lies on your entry and trailing the trade

• rameshraja There is no formula or magic methods to make money in market

rameshraja Fairly successful trading system of 70 to 75% will give very good results

• rameshraja we trade as per chart and technicals is only about probability and not a science to honour theories

• rameshraja Its a tough business than any others

• rameshraja Anyone can make entry .. you need to have proper stop and TSL

• rameshraja Trading in market is like Mahabahart.. You should know to defend yourselves to save your skin

• rameshraja One should not be like Abhimanyu in Mahabharat.. You should know the exit

Above are the golden words from RR Sir's shout box ,i consider him as my guru ,I follow him . I have already suffered losses in lakhs, more than 1000 k. in options ,futures , commodities. But now at least I have minimised my losses to bare minimum although not profiting much ,but decisions are fairly on positive side now a days.Learned a lot from icharts discussions, live calls , RR sirs extracts from his live trading room calls. Every day is new learning process, new chapter.
amitsaraf01
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #20   PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cha1062 wrote:
GOLDEN WORDS
rameshraja When you are young work hard.. There is no substitute to hard work.
• rameshraja we can't fight with the market.. we are just a drop in the ocean

• rameshraja YOu should know to trail the trade for money management

• rameshraja The success of a trade lies on your entry and trailing the trade

• rameshraja There is no formula or magic methods to make money in market

rameshraja Fairly successful trading system of 70 to 75% will give very good results

• rameshraja we trade as per chart and technicals is only about probability and not a science to honour theories

• rameshraja Its a tough business than any others

• rameshraja Anyone can make entry .. you need to have proper stop and TSL

• rameshraja Trading in market is like Mahabahart.. You should know to defend yourselves to save your skin

• rameshraja One should not be like Abhimanyu in Mahabharat.. You should know the exit

Above are the golden words from RR Sir's shout box ,i consider him as my guru ,I follow him . I have already suffered losses in lakhs, more than 1000 k. in options ,futures , commodities. But now at least I have minimised my losses to bare minimum although not profiting much ,but decisions are fairly on positive side now a days.Learned a lot from icharts discussions, live calls , RR sirs extracts from his live trading room calls. Every day is new learning process, new chapter.

have you considered reading some trading books.???
amitsaraf01
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #21   PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: so much of misinformation is out there Reply with quote

STOP USING STOP LOSSES
Learn To Turn Your Losing Trades Into Winners Instead!
This 1-hour class may be the most valuable investment of your time. If you don't know how to adjust a losing trade into a winning trade, you should not be trading in the market. Let's face it - even after conducting the most thorough analysis, sometimes your stock picks move in the wrong direction. This 1-hour class will teach you how to "adjust" your trades to actually turn those losing stock into winners?...
We are offering a FREE online webinar that will teach you how these and other strategies can help you profit in any market condition.

YOU WILL LEARN:

- How to adjust trades to turn losers into winners
- How to insure stocks against loss
- How to trade successfully in any market
To select a convenient class time, just click on this link:

DEvtaa hain ye log. Inke paas tareeke hain jinse vyakti ghaate se bach saktaa hai aur ye log aapko ek ghante mein aapko bulaa bulaa kar ye tareeka sikhaana chahate hain.

IF its too good to be true, chances are it is false.

there are so many such mailers coming at you all the time you forget whom to follow.
ajayhkaul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #22   PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me lay that out straight ---

Gambling is a form of investment

Investment( including trading) is a form of gambling

No one has used the taboo word (GAMBLING) anywhere in these forums...face it and you will be 'free' of all the interpretations,illusions.

sd/- Swami AjayHKaulanada
angel
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #23   PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

casper wrote:
rk_a2003 wrote:
Casper!

Thanks for your response . You are the one Trader who always extends your helping hand to every new trader and try to address there concerns.

Eventhough, some times there concerns are silly and basic.

You have a lot of patience.

Thank you very much friend.

hi brother

when u see things from an experts view, things will seem to be basic and silly, but think once who are facing them for the first time...... i am sure for them, these things matter a lot

as i wrote in past, that i had to toil a lot to learn whatever little bit i know today [i toil to learn today also, its a never ending process] so i know how helpless one can feel if he never gets any one willing to help, besides, i dont do it selflessly either, this gives me an excellent practice opportunity
too

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Hi casper! it has been a long time indeed. many people miss you here in the forum.
padkondu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Risk / Money Management All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: