Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

25 Rules For Traders
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Risk / Money Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author 25 Rules For Traders
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: 25 Rules For Traders Reply with quote

Hi All,

Down load and read these 25 Rules.

Prepare a Chart of these Rules and paste it on the wall of your trading desk.Read it again and again.

This may make you sucessful.

Regards
RK

25 rules of trading.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  25 rules of trading.pdf
 Filesize:  121.81 KB
 Downloaded:  1270 Time(s)

casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey brother

nice rules, downloaded and read them.

really interesting

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
freedom
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT POST.

Cheers & Appreciate.
welcomeani
bassan
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posted such Golden Rules. thanks thanks
S.S.
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its really helpful to a trader...good one . . . . . . icon_thx thanks
Nilay
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good post.Thanks for updating here.
veerappan
Expert
Expert

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DON’T OVER-ANALYZE..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

IF YOUR TRADE
IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE
IN A GIVEN
TIMEFRAME, IT’S
TIME TO EXIT. Very Happy Very Happy

DON’T WORRY
ABOUT NEWS.
IT’S HISTORY. Very Happy Very Happy

NEVER TAKE
A BIG LOSS. ONLY
A BIG LOSS CAN
HURT YOU. Very Happy Very Happy

BE YOURSELF.
DON’T TRY TO BE
SOMEONE ELSE. artist

DEVELOP A
METHODOLOGY
AND STICK WITH IT.
DON’T CHANGE
METHODOLOGIES
FROM DAY
TO DAY. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
NEVER TURN A
WINNER INTO A
LOSER. 2guns 2guns
BE DISCIPLINED
EVERY DAY, IN EVERY
TRADE, AND THE MARKET
WILL REWARD YOU. Very Happy Very Happy
fantastic............. wooooooooooooooo

veeru
chennai boy
sunnyrockers007
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff........................ AEOM
amitsaraf21
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: my objections Reply with quote

NEVER TURN A
WINNER INTO A
4 LOSER.............why not???

HIT SINGLES
NOT HOME RUNS.................why singles, hit home runs. let your competitors concentrate on singles.
sartaj
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
I would like to pose you all one question. On many forums i've read this thing that never let your winner be a looser. But my question is if you have a target in mind and if it doesn't reach that target then how can you close that position. I normally place SL below my buying price and have a target in mind and normally keep my target profit at some distance from it. But sometimes it doesn't reach there and it takes my SL. I don't feel bad about it coz i didn't break my rule that never close your trade when you panic. Any suggestion or flaws in my trading strategy pls let me know.
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The concept is once your trade is a winner (make a note of word ‘winner’) keep a reasonable TSL so as it should not turn in to a loser.

Many people think that this market is dog eating dog world. It need not be necessarily so. I will give one simple and easy to understand example. In real life the dynamics are too complex. This example is only on Hypothetical basis .

Say, for one particular day FII’s and DII’s automated programmes gave a buy call for Indian markets after evaluating so many complex parameters which we will not be able to understand. . And market started to move up. If all retail traders entered at the beginning of up move and able to exit at some high point (say hypothetically). All traders are in profit. Obviously there are no losing retail traders in this case.

You may argue that the losers are FII’s and DII’s . But, say these particular day purchases are unloaded by them after 12 months with good profit. Then who is the loser. No losers on the whole. Then how can be every one a winner?!

The Stock market makes value addition continuously on a sustained basis in a longer time horizon. This value addition will be appropriated among various players. (say FII’s, DII’s , Day Traders ,Retail Investors) In different time frames.

You need not think that you are beating down a novice trader and pocketing the profits.

It can be very well be an appropriation of the Value addition made by the stock market on a whole.

Some time back nifty was at 1000, now it is at 5000+ It has multiplied in to 5 times, in market capitalization / rupees terms it could be billions and trillions .This value is not added through looting/exploiting the common Investors/ Traders/ . This is added through enhancement of the production and consumption by the whole society. FII’s and DII’s exactly bank on this point and invest billons to take benefit from this growth. That’s why they always run behind High GDP growth Nations. That’s why India is one favorite destination for them.

At the end I would like to say that the traders profits are mainly(I reiterate mainly) a Distribution and Appropriation of this wealth created through actual production and consumption activity.

In my view This is how we should understand Stock Market in broader terms.

If we are able to understand the whole dynamics on a correct platform it gives some dignity and self respect even to traders.

Where is the dignity in an activity which is being described as exploiting Novice Investors/ Traders and pocketing there money?! Even when it is not necessarily the entire fact. Where is the dignity in not extending helping hand to new traders / investors thinking that they should always remain escape goats?!

By saying this I Don’t mean to say that there is no rigging, manipulation by big players. There is no escape goating of common investors/ traders, all these things will be there. But they are not the whole issue in entirety. They are different issues that have to be discussed separately.

And in any business New entrants may Loose/ suffer due to lack of knowledge. .The new traders and investors may mainly (I say mainly not entirely) loose due to this.

Say, theoretically there are no New Traders/ Investors in the Market .Say all seasoned and professional Traders are there in the market still they can make money and FII’s and DII’s too can make money. But, in different time frames. The value created by the Industry through growth is appropriated among them in different ratios.

In that case you need not always think that a competitor is there to beat / punch / ground and this market is dog eat dog world.

Regards

RK

Last edited by rk_a2003 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nilay
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RK
you gave me a different look for this stock market.

Thanks
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casper!

Thanks for your response . You are the one Trader who always extends your helping hand to every new trader and try to address there concerns.

Eventhough, some times there concerns are silly and basic.

You have a lot of patience.

Thank you very much friend.
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nilay, Sartaj, Amitsaraf , Sonnyrockers, S.S , Basan & Freedom....Most welcome.

Regards
RK
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #15   PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veerappan Sir,

Thanks for your Extracts.

Infact I love those extracts and prefering to read them rather than the main text.

Thanks again,

RK

veerappan wrote:
DON’T OVER-ANALYZE..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

IF YOUR TRADE
IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE
IN A GIVEN
TIMEFRAME, IT’S
TIME TO EXIT. Very Happy Very Happy

DON’T WORRY
ABOUT NEWS.
IT’S HISTORY. Very Happy Very Happy

NEVER TAKE
A BIG LOSS. ONLY
A BIG LOSS CAN
HURT YOU. Very Happy Very Happy

BE YOURSELF.
DON’T TRY TO BE
SOMEONE ELSE. artist

DEVELOP A
METHODOLOGY
AND STICK WITH IT.
DON’T CHANGE
METHODOLOGIES
FROM DAY
TO DAY. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
NEVER TURN A
WINNER INTO A
LOSER. 2guns 2guns
BE DISCIPLINED
EVERY DAY, IN EVERY
TRADE, AND THE MARKET
WILL REWARD YOU. Very Happy Very Happy
fantastic............. wooooooooooooooo

veeru
chennai boy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Risk / Money Management All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: