Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 DMA Trading Strategy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Commodities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author 3 DMA Trading Strategy
TLS2010
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #31   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TLS2010 wrote:
TLS2010 wrote:
TLS2010 wrote:
TLS2010 wrote:
Stop loss moved to 4961....we are at breakeven now.

Nifty trailing stop loss moved to 4966, we are 7 pts up now. but this bar has formed a gravestone doji. the move may halt for some time and then proceed upwards/downwards.

its 10:30 and we got stopped out at 4966. as mentioned gravestone doji did the job what its suppose to do.

now we will wait... see how the 3 ma is showing the trend slowing down so nicely. secondly we right in the middle of todays high / low. this is a dangerous point so we will now be patient and wait for more confirmation.... remember our strategy works best at s/r levels. so no hurry.

We are already in 19+7= 26 pts profit since morning on Nifty.

Both the trades were positive.

-Lawrence Sequeira

If you are following the ma crossover you will see that it has shown sell signal at the resistance. Now here is where we will need some basic market tone knowleged. We all know that 61.8% & 38.2% fibo retracement are indicative of the strength of bulls & bears. I have seen the ma crossover and telling me to sell. but at the same time I see that it had crossed the 4978 area - which is 61.8% retrace from the high=4997 & low=4948. so I will think twice before shorting it and be a little cautious. As i m writing this i can see that there has formed a bullish kicker candle right at the 61.8% retracement area. this confirms that it is much safer to go long on Nifty than short the mkt today.

right now nifty is at 4980, 1-2-3 has also formed so i will again go long at 4981. ( SL 4965)

-Lawrence Sequeira

Go long at 4981 was missed as market rejected the price at 4981 levels and is straight down now breaking even the low of the day of 4948. So what do we do now?

Wait... don't short.... we saw that Nifty opened gap up in the morning session. If you consider ysdy high of 4934 and the morming session low of 4948 there was a gap of 14 pts to be filled. Let us see if this gap sustains and trade accordingly.

-Lawrence Sequeira
shrimde
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #32   PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: 3 dma strategie with sma evelos Reply with quote

I tried following 2 sma envelops for dailt tf & results are excelent.In chrts premium following 2 sma envelops. SMA 6,0.025 & sma 6,0.045 .
SEnior people should give comments
Code:
TLS2010
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #33   PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: 3 dma strategie with sma evelos Reply with quote

shrimde wrote:
I tried following 2 sma envelops for dailt tf & results are excelent.In chrts premium following 2 sma envelops. SMA 6,0.025 & sma 6,0.045 .
SEnior people should give comments
Code:

Hi Shrimde,
Are these 2 SMA envelopes over and above the 3 bar trading system or is it totally new system?
Please explain in detail the way I have explained. Otherwise I m not able to makeout anything what these parameters mean... SMA 6, 0.025... What is this 0.025 for? and how does this work with my system of 3 bar trading system.

-Lawrence Sequeira
shrimde
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #34   PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: 3 Dma system Reply with quote

Hi Lawrence Sequeira,
This SMS envelop system can be used alongwith 3DMA system.This will give more accurate entry & exisit point.
In Ichart premium under indicator column you will find indicator "SMA Envelop SMA 20 +- 10%. It means you put 20,0.01.Ihave modified to Sma 6+- 2.5% & sma6 +-4.5%.
Entry When price close above SMA6,-0.045 or put buy order with trigger price above SMA6,--0.045.If price is allready above SMA6,-0.045 then put trigger price above 6,-0.025
exit Target1 Price at SMA 6,+0.025.
Target2 Price at SMA 6,+0.045
short When price goes below SMA 6,+0.045 or put sell order with trigger price less than SMA6 +0,045.
If price is allreadbelow SMA 6,+ 0.045 Put sell order with trigger price less than SMA 6,+0.025
Target SMA 6,_0.025 or Sma 6.-0.045.
this system can be used for intradey 5min TF but need toset sma & percentage value
TLS2010
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #35   PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 Dma system Reply with quote

shrimde wrote:
Hi Lawrence Sequeira,
This SMS envelop system can be used alongwith 3DMA system.This will give more accurate entry & exisit point.
In Ichart premium under indicator column you will find indicator "SMA Envelop SMA 20 +- 10%. It means you put 20,0.01.Ihave modified to Sma 6+- 2.5% & sma6 +-4.5%.
Entry When price close above SMA6,-0.045 or put buy order with trigger price above SMA6,--0.045.If price is allready above SMA6,-0.045 then put trigger price above 6,-0.025
exit Target1 Price at SMA 6,+0.025.
Target2 Price at SMA 6,+0.045
short When price goes below SMA 6,+0.045 or put sell order with trigger price less than SMA6 +0,045.
If price is allreadbelow SMA 6,+ 0.045 Put sell order with trigger price less than SMA 6,+0.025
Target SMA 6,_0.025 or Sma 6.-0.045.
this system can be used for intradey 5min TF but need toset sma & percentage value

Hi,
Too many numbers, secondly nowhere there is a mention of the 3 bar MA system in your entry/exit rules. Are we to do away with the 3 bar MA system totally? and use just the SMA 6 rules? I may be sounding confused. Do you mind explaining it with charts or better still a document on it?

-Lawrence Sequeira
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Commodities All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: