Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x5 maco method
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author 3x5 maco method
Rahulsharmaat
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #16   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

time u have posted is-- a steep fall then a rally---- so wont work like that
galrani
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 3x5 maco method Reply with quote

Hi

The back test is attached from mid 2005 to date. On an average the system gives 60-100% return per year. Before I go in, do remember that this system will give you small losses when the markets are not trending, but will give superb results in trends. The only thing required is discipline to stick to it.

This system,

Uses EOD quotes for Nifty and Bank Nifty Futures on daily frame.
Is “Always In” – You are either Long or short
This is not tested by me for lower frames, for stocks or commodities, so cannot comment if any query is there on these.
Is best suited for people who have full time job but also have a bigger Khujli to trade in futures.

The system is simple,

Buy when the 3ema crosses 5ema and sell when the reverse happens
You enter order after first 15 min trade (9:30).
If your order is executed and you have an intraday whipsaw, you will only reverse this by 3:00 by covering and taking opposite position.
That is why I have in Col P & Q the values as at 9:30 and 3:00.

I have modified this further by adding my personal risk management and scaling in and out rules which help me in pyramiding my positions. This will first be shown in the carnival

The back test is done on assumption of 50,000 capital for one lot of Index future (25K for margin, 25K for buffer). Brokerage and intraday whipsaw losses all are considered. In case I have missed anything, let me know

I am trading using this system from 2012 and can vouch for the results.

Cheers

Shiva

sonila wrote:
When going through Traders Carnival '12 thread, i came across, ema3,5 cross over method on eod basis for nf developed by Viswanathan of some other forum, i dont know which one, then modified by shiva galrani, an ichartian based in dubai. I dont know their detail method. But i applied this method for nf from 24 june to 24 sept, without any filter, and found results v.good. In the above mentioned 3 month, total 5 trades generated and total gain is 660 pts in 3 mnths. That is 220 pts per month. A very good result indeed. Can anybody backtest it for 1/2 year ? Can any body give some appropriate filter to it to avoid whipsaws ? I also request to mr. Shiva galrani to reveal his modifications, if he wishes and become kind enough to us because most of us cant attend the carnival. Thnx and regards ,Sonila

3x5 Backtest comparison.xlsx
 Description:
Backtest of the system from 2005 to date on Nifty and Bank nifty future

Download
 Filename:  3x5 Backtest comparison.xlsx
 Filesize:  741.42 KB
 Downloaded:  1559 Time(s)

shahrachit
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #18   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 3x5 maco method Reply with quote

galrani wrote:
Hi

The back test is attached from mid 2005 to date. On an average the system gives 60-100% return per year. Before I go in, do remember that this system will give you small losses when the markets are not trending, but will give superb results in trends. The only thing required is discipline to stick to it.

This system,

Uses EOD quotes for Nifty and Bank Nifty Futures on daily frame.
Is “Always In” – You are either Long or short
This is not tested by me for lower frames, for stocks or commodities, so cannot comment if any query is there on these.
Is best suited for people who have full time job but also have a bigger Khujli to trade in futures.

The system is simple,

Buy when the 3ema crosses 5ema and sell when the reverse happens
You enter order after first 15 min trade (9:30).
If your order is executed and you have an intraday whipsaw, you will only reverse this by 3:00 by covering and taking opposite position.
That is why I have in Col P & Q the values as at 9:30 and 3:00.

I have modified this further by adding my personal risk management and scaling in and out rules which help me in pyramiding my positions. This will first be shown in the carnival

The back test is done on assumption of 50,000 capital for one lot of Index future (25K for margin, 25K for buffer). Brokerage and intraday whipsaw losses all are considered. In case I have missed anything, let me know

I am trading using this system from 2012 and can vouch for the results.

Cheers

Shiva

sonila wrote:
When going through Traders Carnival '12 thread, i came across, ema3,5 cross over method on eod basis for nf developed by Viswanathan of some other forum, i dont know which one, then modified by shiva galrani, an ichartian based in dubai. I dont know their detail method. But i applied this method for nf from 24 june to 24 sept, without any filter, and found results v.good. In the above mentioned 3 month, total 5 trades generated and total gain is 660 pts in 3 mnths. That is 220 pts per month. A very good result indeed. Can anybody backtest it for 1/2 year ? Can any body give some appropriate filter to it to avoid whipsaws ? I also request to mr. Shiva galrani to reveal his modifications, if he wishes and become kind enough to us because most of us cant attend the carnival. Thnx and regards ,Sonila

Excellent work done.... Will try to understand the sheet at home.....

I am also one of the Khujli guy u said ... 2guns

Full time work and Khujli to earn extra income .... Mr. Green

Regards,
Rachit
rakpeds
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #19   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this ... Again again i am going to miss the carnival.. Sad

I have one query --

Lets say if i started today and at 3.15 if the crossover happens we take the position today or the next day at 9.30 AM...

and also after taking at 9.30 AM if by 3 PM the opprosite crossover happens than we close and take the opposite position on same day or wait till day after tomorow at 9.30 AM..

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
vishyvaranasi
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #20   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

By the way the Zip file isnt opening.Is it the prob with my system or anyone facing the same prob

Vishy
vishyvaranasi
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #21   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Hi Galraniji Reply with quote

Had tried opening the zip file on my desktop and laptop as well but its sowing some codes but the file isnt opening. I use Windows Xp and Office 2003. Is there any software for this to open or the prob is with my system. Pl. let me know
Vishy
galrani
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #22   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

You start with no positions. If during the day the crossover happens (say short), then you go short at the reversal price.

If then at 3:00 if the price is still in short mode, continue with the shorts and if not (i.e. the price has gone up and the crossover has been negated) then you cover your shorts and go long.

At 9:30 am if the revresal has happened (due to gaps etc) then you cover at 9:30 using market orders. If reversal not happened till 9:30, enter stop loss order at revresal price.

Check at 3:00 to see if you have been whipped by the market or not to take remedial action.

Rgds
Shiva

rakpeds wrote:
Thanks for sharing this ... Again again i am going to miss the carnival.. Sad

I have one query --

Lets say if i started today and at 3.15 if the crossover happens we take the position today or the next day at 9.30 AM...

and also after taking at 9.30 AM if by 3 PM the opprosite crossover happens than we close and take the opposite position on same day or wait till day after tomorow at 9.30 AM..

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
shahrachit
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #23   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Galraniji Reply with quote

vishyvaranasi wrote:
Had tried opening the zip file on my desktop and laptop as well but its sowing some codes but the file isnt opening. I use Windows Xp and Office 2003. Is there any software for this to open or the prob is with my system. Pl. let me know
Vishy

there is no zip file... its an excel file.... and opening here..... i think u require Office 2010 version

Last edited by shahrachit on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
galrani
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #24   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Galraniji Reply with quote

The attachment was in new excel format. Try opening in that.

I am unable to load in zip or in old format as the file size is too big

Apologies

Cheers
Shiva

vishyvaranasi wrote:
Vishy
Rahulsharmaat
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #25   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excel posted here -- its good work--great

now thing is people here want 500 points every month

how many here will be trading and will be satisfied with 60 point gain every month on last 8 year average

i dont think anyone here
pipstocks
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #26   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

EAST OR WEST EMA THE BEST

The basic of EMA system is “RIDE THE TIDE”
* One can use 60min tf with 4/21/89 ema .
* 4/21 crossover for trade(ride) in the direction of 89 ema;which is for trend(tide).
* Avoide bearish crossover of 4/21 ema above 89 ema.
* Avoid bullish crossover of 4/21 ema below 89 ema. The shortest ema must remain very near to the candle which will be helpful in exit during whipsaws.

In 60min tf 89ema corresponds with 13 ema of DAILY candle.

By using simple maths and reversing the EMA calculation one can find the EXACT CROSSOVER VALUE.

ICHARTS’ has very useful function ::: intraday historical charts. One can backtest the above mentioned strategy nicely from JULY-2008 till date.
Rahulsharmaat
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #27   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pip stock--

yes this looks good.......

simply go long above candle high and target 100 points

july till date gave almost 700 points
pipstocks
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #28   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rahulsir,

Basically it is advisable not to run behind the targets only trail your SL.

You can either trail your next crossover value.
anantha
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #29   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helo ichartians, is there one simple methode in icharts for swing trade. without tension and not to confuse about all technicals. use only one indicator for buy/sell for swing with good return and also sure great 2guns shot.
shahrachit
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #30   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we do backtesting in iCharts ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 2 of 23

Jump to: