Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x5 maco method
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author 3x5 maco method
shaheerzaman
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #286   PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satish/Chirag,

Do you guys trade nifty and bnf or only bnf?

Thanks
Shaheer

[quoteou="satishkadam"]yes... its correct[/quote]
AMBY
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #287   PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS.
chiragbvyas
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #288   PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaheerzaman wrote:
Satish/Chirag,

Do you guys trade nifty and bnf or only bnf?

Thanks
Shaheer

[quoteou="satishkadam"]yes... its correct
[/quote]

Dear Friend...

Bank Nifty do not spare time for us to do anything else ...

Joke apart ... this system generates best results in bank nifty ... even u can track nifty and some liquid stocks too but best results achieved in bank nifty...

Happy Trading ...
SRSAWANT
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #289   PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: 3x5 maco method Reply with quote

galrani wrote:
Hi

The back test is attached from mid 2005 to date. On an average the system gives 60-100% return per year. Before I go in, do remember that this system will give you small losses when the markets are not trending, but will give superb results in trends. The only thing required is discipline to stick to it.

This system,

Uses EOD quotes for Nifty and Bank Nifty Futures on daily frame.
Is “Always In” – You are either Long or short
This is not tested by me for lower frames, for stocks or commodities, so cannot comment if any query is there on these.
Is best suited for people who have full time job but also have a bigger Khujli to trade in futures.

The system is simple,

Buy when the 3ema crosses 5ema and sell when the reverse happens
You enter order after first 15 min trade (9:30).
If your order is executed and you have an intraday whipsaw, you will only reverse this by 3:00 by covering and taking opposite position.
That is why I have in Col P & Q the values as at 9:30 and 3:00.

I have modified this further by adding my personal risk management and scaling in and out rules which help me in pyramiding my positions. This will first be shown in the carnival

The back test is done on assumption of 50,000 capital for one lot of Index future (25K for margin, 25K for buffer). Brokerage and intraday whipsaw losses all are considered. In case I have missed anything, let me know

I am trading using this system from 2012 and can vouch for the results.

Cheers

Shiva

sonila wrote:
When going through Traders Carnival '12 thread, i came across, ema3,5 cross over method on eod basis for nf developed by Viswanathan of some other forum, i dont know which one, then modified by shiva galrani, an ichartian based in dubai. I dont know their detail method. But i applied this method for nf from 24 june to 24 sept, without any filter, and found results v.good. In the above mentioned 3 month, total 5 trades generated and total gain is 660 pts in 3 mnths. That is 220 pts per month. A very good result indeed. Can anybody backtest it for 1/2 year ? Can any body give some appropriate filter to it to avoid whipsaws ? I also request to mr. Shiva galrani to reveal his modifications, if he wishes and become kind enough to us because most of us cant attend the carnival. Thnx and regards ,Sonila

1.xlsx
 Description:
Hello Mr. galrani
This is 1st time I registered with I chart forum. I went through your strategy found very safe to me as I am slow learner & new in this field. I have filled in your excel sheet upto may 18th & attaching here with this could you p

Download
 Filename:  1.xlsx
 Filesize:  1.08 MB
 Downloaded:  682 Time(s)

ajit602
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #290   PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: 3x5 maco method Reply with quote

SRSAWANT wrote:
galrani wrote:
Hi

The back test is attached from mid 2005 to date. On an average the system gives 60-100% return per year. Before I go in, do remember that this system will give you small losses when the markets are not trending, but will give superb results in trends. The only thing required is discipline to stick to it.

This system,

This is not tested by me for lower frames, for stocks or commodities, so cannot comment if any query is there on these.
Is best suited for people who have full time job but also have a bigger Khujli to trade in futures.

The system is simple,

If your order is executed and you have an intraday whipsaw, you will only reverse this by 3:00 by covering and taking opposite position.

I have modified this further by adding my personal risk management and scaling in and out rules which help me in pyramiding my positions. This will first be shown in the carnival

The back test is done on assumption of 50,000 capital for one lot of Index future (25K for margin, 25K for buffer). Brokerage and intraday whipsaw losses all are considered. In case I have missed anything, let me know

Cheers

Shiva

sonila wrote:
When going through Traders Carnival '12 thread, i came across, ema3,5 cross over method on eod basis for nf developed by Viswanathan of some other forum, i dont know which one, then modified by shiva galrani, an ichartian based in dubai. I dont know their detail method. But i applied this method for nf from 24 june to 24 sept, without any filter, and found results v.good. In the above mentioned 3 month, total 5 trades generated and total gain is 660 pts in 3 mnths. That is 220 pts per month. A very good result indeed. Can anybody backtest it for 1/2 year ? Can any body give some appropriate filter to it to avoid whipsaws ? I also request to mr. Shiva galrani to reveal his modifications, if he wishes and become kind enough to us because most of us cant attend the carnival. Thnx and regards ,Sonila

sir pls explain in excel sheet how u are taking position. whwn cross over happen you take position on next day or u assume it will happen today and u take position.
satishkadam
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #291   PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: 3x5 maco method Reply with quote

ajit602 wrote:
SRSAWANT wrote:
galrani wrote:
Hi

This system,

The system is simple,

Cheers

Shiva

sonila wrote:

sir pls explain in excel sheet how u are taking position. whwn cross over happen you take position on next day or u assume it will happen today and u take position.

http://www.icharts.in/forum/3x5-maco-method-t4700,postorder,desc,start,15.html
dowload the file
SRSAWANT
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #292   PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: 3x5 maco method Reply with quote

satishkadam wrote:
ajit602 wrote:
SRSAWANT wrote:
galrani wrote:
Hi

This system,

The system is simple,

Cheers

Shiva

sonila wrote:

dowload the file
ajit602
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #293   PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 3x5 maco method Reply with quote

SRSAWANT wrote:
satishkadam wrote:
ajit602 wrote:
SRSAWANT wrote:
galrani wrote:
Hi

This system,

The system is simple,

Cheers

Shiva

sonila wrote:

dowload the file

Thanks sir to give me link where I could got the strategy detail. But sir there was a file. I have downloaded it many times but it is corrupted. Can you give e new one
SRSAWANT
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #294   PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 3x5 maco method Reply with quote

ajit602 wrote:
SRSAWANT wrote:
satishkadam wrote:
ajit602 wrote:
SRSAWANT wrote:
galrani wrote:
Hi

This system,

The system is simple,

Cheers

Shiva

sonila wrote:

dowload the file

Thanks sir to give me link where I could got the strategy detail. But sir there was a file. I have downloaded it many times but it is corrupted. Can you give e new one
dtbhat
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #295   PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The file is in compressed format. You can open it with any unzip software like 7zip or winzip etc. I have opened with 7zip.
ajit602
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #296   PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtbhat wrote:
The file is in compressed format. You can open it with any unzip software like 7zip or winzip etc. I have opened with 7zip.

Thanks sir
Thanks to everybody here. Because every body is nice here and they feel happy to help.
RSSAWANT
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #297   PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 3x5 maco method Reply with quote

SRSAWANT wrote:
ajit602 wrote:
SRSAWANT wrote:
satishkadam wrote:
ajit602 wrote:
SRSAWANT wrote:
galrani wrote:
Hi

This system,

The system is simple,

Cheers

Shiva

sonila wrote:

dowload the file

SRSAWANT
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #298   PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 3x5 maco method Reply with quote

RSSAWANT wrote:
SRSAWANT wrote:
ajit602 wrote:
SRSAWANT wrote:
satishkadam wrote:
ajit602 wrote:
SRSAWANT wrote:
galrani wrote:
Hi

This system,

The system is simple,

Cheers

Shiva

sonila wrote:

dowload the file

Hi everyone
I tried EMA 4 X 21 cross over buy & sell intraday in nifty2hrs tf & in banknifty 1hr tf & reverse position on reversal. I backtested for 4 months & found good result.Has anybody backtested this strategy for longer period??
ajit602
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #299   PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short running from yesterday. SL for short is 8384 and same is reversel for buying.
SRSAWANT
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #300   PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajit602 wrote:
Short running from yesterday. SL for short is 8384 and same is reversel for buying.

short running since 25th may.SL for tomorrow & reversal buying is 8380.70
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 20 of 23

Jump to: