Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x5 maco method
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author 3x5 maco method
galrani
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #31   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rahul

Its quite simple na?

If the system gives 50 points on average and you want 500 points, play with 10 lots. Mr. Green

If you really think someone out there has a 500 point gaining system why would he waste time posting on forums? Shocked

He would be busy sipping cocktails in some beach while punching orders in the laptop. 2guns

No offence meant to anyone.

I find this system tension free and the best thing about this is I can attend meetings without worrying about what the markets are doing? The icing on the cake is the discipline you get in your decision making process.

Cheers

Shiva

Rahulsharmaat wrote:
excel posted here -- its good work--great

now thing is people here want 500 points every month

how many here will be trading and will be satisfied with 60 point gain every month on last 8 year average

i dont think anyone here
galrani
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #32   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

This is akin to asking for a car which runs on only one wheel. We know very well that its not possible

The engine of your trades need some more wheels to run on the road called markets.

You have asked for one one wheel, that is system.

Risk management, Money management, Discipline are the other three thats missing in your wishlist.

Believe me I have leart this the hard way, without the last three, even sureshots result in losses.

Cheers
Shiva

anantha wrote:
helo ichartians, is there one simple methode in icharts for swing trade. without tension and not to confuse about all technicals. use only one indicator for buy/sell for swing with good return and also sure great 2guns shot.
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #33   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pipstocks"]Hello everyone,

Hi Pipstock,

Can u throw some light on this long trade in ZINC, where one could have exited, as per mentioned strategy by you?

Chetan.

ZINC 60 min trade.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  272.88 KB
 Viewed:  821 Time(s)

ZINC 60 min trade.jpg

sonila
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #34   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galrani, by the way, u r in which place ? Satwa or burdubai or burjuman or sthg else ?
galrani
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #35   PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discovery Gardens

sonila wrote:
Galrani, by the way, u r in which place ? Satwa or burdubai or burjuman or sthg else ?
rxvenk2
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #36   PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Galrani, this will definitely help people who have job commitments. Thanks Sonila for bringing this into this forum.
vishyvaranasi
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #37   PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Galraniji,

When i click on the xlsx link that u posted it is automatically being downloaded as a zip file and when i try to open it it isnt opening. So is there any other means that i can go thru the file.

Vishy
shahrachit
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #38   PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Galraniji,

Excellent work done.

But one question..... Why we use 2 lots for intraday; if we use only one lot in intraday then losses could be minimized ???

Or there is some misunderstanding by me ?
galrani
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #39   PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done backtest one one lot only
margin required is 25k but invested capital assumed to be 50k (incl 25k buffer)

In reality if you trade multiple lots, you get to innovate entries and exits to try to maximise profits and reduce losses due to whipsaws.

Losses will be there, no doubt about that. All that is required is to take each trade in anticipation of a giant trend like jan 2012

Cheers
Shiva

shahrachit wrote:
Hi Galraniji,

Excellent work done.

But one question..... Why we use 2 lots for intraday; if we use only one lot in intraday then losses could be minimized ???

2guns
vishyvaranasi
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #40   PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Hi All Reply with quote

Hi,

Had tried hell lot to open the file but wasnt able to do. Can anyone help me in presenting the file in office 2003/07 format so as to allow me to see it.
Vishy
shahrachit
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #41   PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Shiva for reply....

Total points Loss due to Intraday Whips are 7764. If we had traded only one lot for intraday whips and continued the earlier trade; than Net P&L would have increased from 7531 to (7531+7764) = 15294....

galrani wrote:
I have done backtest one one lot only
margin required is 25k but invested capital assumed to be 50k (incl 25k buffer)

In reality if you trade multiple lots, you get to innovate entries and exits to try to maximise profits and reduce losses due to whipsaws.

Losses will be there, no doubt about that. All that is required is to take each trade in anticipation of a giant trend like jan 2012

Cheers
Shiva

shahrachit wrote:
Hi Galraniji,

Excellent work done.

2guns
shahrachit
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #42   PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi All Reply with quote

Try searching some software on internet which converts your xlsx to xls.

vishyvaranasi wrote:
Hi,

Had tried hell lot to open the file but wasnt able to do. Can anyone help me in presenting the file in office 2003/07 format so as to allow me to see it.
Vishy
umesh1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #43   PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="galrani"]Hi

This is akin to asking for a car which runs on only one wheel. We know very well that its not possible

The engine of your trades need some more wheels to run on the road called markets.

You have asked for one one wheel, that is system.

Risk management, Money management, Discipline are the other three thats missing in your wishlist.

Believe me I have leart this the hard way, without the last three, even sureshots result in losses.

Cheers
Shiva

Appreciate that honesty
Cheers
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #44   PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi All Reply with quote

shahrachit wrote:
vishyvaranasi wrote:
Hi, Had tried hell lot to open the file but wasnt able to do. Can anyone help me in presenting the file in office 2003/07 format so as to allow me to see it. Vishy

Friends:
1 I succeeded in opening .xlsx file in google documents (while logged in in gmail) and then saved a copy as .xls in my computer. The .xls opened in my older excel version!
2 Most people oblige if u ask them to again save a copy as .xls in their computer, which can then be attached to ICharts post
Prakash Holla
shahrachit
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #45   PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi All Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
shahrachit wrote:
vishyvaranasi wrote:
Hi, Had tried hell lot to open the file but wasnt able to do. Can anyone help me in presenting the file in office 2003/07 format so as to allow me to see it. Vishy

Friends:
1 I succeeded in opening .xlsx file in google documents (while logged in in gmail) and then saved a copy as .xls in my computer. The .xls opened in my older excel version!
2 Most people oblige if u ask them to again save a copy as .xls in their computer, which can then be attached to ICharts post
Prakash Holla

Icharts allow max. 1mb file as attachment... When the excel was saved in earlier version; the size was more than 2mb. Also icharts does not allow zip files. I tried all means to upload; but failed......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 3 of 23

Jump to: