Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5 years stocks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author 5 years stocks
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #16   PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: BPL other income? Reply with quote

Apka: BPL results good in June 16 quarter because of HIGH OTHER INCOME of Rs 54.6 cr. But nowhere I am able to find what this is? (= land sale, past sales finally got the money?, sale of s-in-law Chandrasekhar's BPL mobile?)
Otherwise, income 15.83 matched by expenses 15.77 so TAIN TAIN PHIS!
Cheers, Prakash Holla
PS: One reason to invest may be the large land holding on Old Madras Road, few kms outside Bangalore, bought very cheaply but now worth a fortune
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #17   PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, it's speculative buy based on the future growth prospects. It's a turnaround story. Having property is not the reason for it's rise. Right now it has 4 factories, earlier it had upto 28.

It has tied up with flipkart exclusively and started selling its products through it 3-4 quarters ago. After the tie up it's sales has increased to 43cr as of last years balance sheet. It's cashflow and result is negative, but its reducing qrter to qrter. the other income might be related to receipt against previous divestment, same as last june quarter. it's more than 50% promoter stocks were pledged have been released this year.

if you go to search for bpl products on flipkart you will find affordable pricing and ratings above 4. The no of ratings and reviews has increased by 2.5 times in last quarter. so i expect that to be a rough mark of indication how much sales also might have increased. for diwali their targets are larger.

sony has seen drop in tv market for tvs under 25k. they are concentrating only for tvs 32" and above. LG has gone past it.

BPL's last year trgt was 50cr turnover, didnt achieve.. this years 100cr and next 3 years 600cr. they aim to take 10% stake of tv market sale online. and they also have other products.

yesterday's UPC was due flipkart winning the case against Kerala state related to sales tax dispute. flipkart had stopped transporation of products to kerala. now that its cleared, it opens up god opportunity for BPL because it's first unit was in Kerala, palakkad it increases it's horizon for sales.

In 90s BPL products were very popular its peak turnover at that time was 4300cr. I remember seeing frigde microwave tv washing machine etc of BPL and they ran for many years. so old people will relate to it and may gave it a chance readily, especially the ones from the south. the only drawback is no trial and demo available in any stores before purchase. it's going to thrive purely on reviews and ratings.

this is a long term bet based on some speculation that it can do well. Look at hitachi for example, multiplied 5 times in 5 years.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #18   PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another example is IFB Industries - it has limited household products, so scope to grow was slower. It had a debt restructure few years ago. After sustaining and performing since last 5-6 years, it has risen from the low of 40 in 2013 to 700 in 2015. Not a bad turnaround? It saw a slow rise in it's stock price because it had to invest capital as well.

For BPL that's limited because it's reaching to most places in India through flipkart without investing in franchisees, etc.

Nobody can say for sure what will work next and not, but i trust my judgment.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #19   PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: BPL Reply with quote

apka wrote:
Basically, it's speculative buy based on the future growth prospects. It's a turnaround story. It has tied up with flipkart exclusively and started selling its products through it 3-4 quarters ago.
yesterday's UPC was due flipkart winning the case against Kerala state related to sales tax dispute.
In 90s BPL products were very popular

Apka, Thanks for a detailed and logical explanation for your choice of BPL as a candidate for 5 year horizon. Mucho gracias! Prakash Holla
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #20   PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
Jain irrigation also up 20% since given 2 weeks back... BPL 10% high today touched 68.. Has certain amount of resistance here.. If crosses 70 smoothly then next stop 85-90.. Just my view, decide on your own.

High 73.90... Crosses 70 in swift motion.. Let us see, let us see
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #21   PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: BPL Reply with quote

Apka: GREAT post on BPL!!! Lights, camera, action!
34.3 lakh shares traded so far, Rs 23.9 cr volume, Rs 73.9 annual hi
Thanks, one more nice profit tucked away in my trading account
Cheers, Prakash Holla
kanna
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #22   PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so these, are buy and forget type stocks? should we keep any stop loss or just live with that? pls explain
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #23   PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91.10 BPL ... One more 20% UPC .. It's crossed its last 8-10 years high. I guess I underestimated the potential of my own pick Cool

With this, immediate target is reached. Some more resistance is there between 102-105.... After which 120 holds as a major resistance. Whenever it goes there i dont expect it to pass without little correction... But the way it's going I'm not gonna play any guesses.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #24   PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alphageo up about 20% from when I gave here
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #25   PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apka: Only one problem. You are giving tips in "5 year horizon" thread. But your stock tips are acting as if you are giving 5 days horizon?
Smile
Cheers, Prakash Holla
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #26   PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
Apka: Only one problem. You are giving tips in "5 year horizon" thread. But your stock tips are acting as if you are giving 5 days horizon?
Smile
Cheers, Prakash Holla

Lol, alphageo I discussed with vinay when it was near 750 just 2 months back. Initially bought 480 last year sept.. I expected it to be a multi bagger I mentioned it to him

Honestly,last 10-15 stocks all have acted similar whichever I picked, not boasting but I have identified a method which seems to be working.

I'll give one more stock its called Merck Ltd cmp 720. It's a pharma company. My reasonings might not make sense to others. But many good pharma stocks have run up too high for their potential and I think Merck has a lot of steam and it will show in coming years.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #27   PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mgl - 655

From next month price of natural gas will fall from $3.06 per mmBtu (million British thermal unit) to an estimated $2.5 to $2.7, benefitting Indraprastha Gas and Mahanagar Gas

MGL is the exclusive gas distributor in Mumbai. Its business model is similar to that of Indraprastha Gas. Good return ratio,free cash flow, dividend paying, growing volumes coupled with it looking to bid for new cities coming up for gas distribution makes it a healthy bet for long term just like indraprastha turned out to be.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #28   PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grauer & Weil (I) Ltd -- 32 .... I expect it to double in 1-2 years.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #29   PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:

apka, look for at least 5 times in 3-5 years. I have given a few earlier Smile
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #30   PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
apka wrote:

apka, look for at least 5 times in 3-5 years. I have given a few earlier Smile

The ones I found 5 years ago have become so. But that time couldn't invest in my own selections. Now market is at such highs it's hard to find new new stocks as easily as it was earlier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Stocks All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: