Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

50k to 5Lac journey by trading USDINR-using RSI and ST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author 50k to 5Lac journey by trading USDINR-using RSI and ST
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #31   PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Its like hiring driver to drive Ferrari on express highway with the speed of 120 km per hr. "

Nitin: (1) Why hire a driver if you have Ferrari? Dont you enjoy driving?
(2) Why only 120? My Swift went at 125-30 recent trip B'lore to Madras and many others were overtaking me
(3) Recently not seen Bombay Pune Expr Hwy, but last I saw Merc/ BMW/ Ferrari were zooming at 150+!
Cheers, Prakash Holla
opportunist
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #32   PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
"Its like hiring driver to drive Ferrari on express highway with the speed of 120 km per hr. "

(2) Why only 120? My Swift went at 125-30 recent trip B'lore to Madras and many others were overtaking me
(3) Recently not seen Bombay Pune Expr Hwy, but last I saw Merc/ BMW/ Ferrari were zooming at 150+!
Cheers, Prakash Holla

Kholla saab, Classic case of planning to fail. Let him realise it through hard lessons.
Smile
rakpeds
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #33   PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opportunist wrote:
pkholla wrote:

Cheers, Prakash Holla

Kholla saab, Classic case of planning to fail. Let him realise it through hard lessons.
Smile

exactly oppo and pkholla sirs... why to poke in someone plans???
no one forces anyone on anything... 50k to 5 lac in 18 months... thats not the bad plan.. but i also know the compounding works only in excel sheet... if someone executes it flawlessly need to see that on ... 2guns 2guns 2guns
skd2012
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #34   PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayurnsk wrote:
sw_das

Hi

Nice to see you back & so much active on our forum

Regards
mayurnsk

Hello. Good memory sir. Smile

regadrs
Hydrogen
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #35   PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 50k to 5Lac journey by trading USDINR-using RSI and ST Reply with quote

NittinP wrote:
All,

I am observing USDINR movement since last 3 weeks. I had some conclusion about currency movement. Trend is clearly visible and catchable, hence decided to start journey with initial capital of Rs.50k for Target of Rs.5Lac... Time frame is open ended.

I will be using Power of Compounding. Below is the plan.

Investment (Locked): Rs. 50k
start lot side - 10 lot
That boils down to 5k per lot. So that means if we make loss of 5k, we will reduce our lot size by 1 and if we make profit of 5k we will increase our side by 1.

We will keep compounding till we don't reach our target.

If I am successful in this, then target is 10Lac....finger crossed.. Smile

I am drafting Trading Strategy and will post here... This trading strategy has been in use since last two months and results are very encouraging.

AEOM AEOM AEOM AEOM

I was just reading this post today, I am wondering 18 month's have been completed and it would be better if you have already achieved from 50000 to 5 lac then you can post it. Even if not achieved your target then also better to post here I think reading my post all the person who have posted definitely want to see your results.

Some one here said results on excel and actual trading results never matches. I am also the one who has experience this which was written.
Still struggling to control my emotion. In this battle I am the enemy of myself.

I will post my experience once I overcome my emotion.

Regards
Hydrogen
amitagg
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #36   PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: 50k to 5Lac journey by trading USDINR-using RSI and ST Reply with quote

opportunist wrote:
amitkbaid1008 wrote:
opportunist wrote:
A word of caution. Usually such grand designs especially with a high target is self defeating. Why dont you keep a week's target or even a day's target so that you can make course corrections to your strategy when you find the going is tough.

Regards,

Oppo

Oppo

In trading setting even a lower target in short term like 1day or 1week will make it more tough than achieving a target for some long term like 6months of 1year

So no mean keeping a daily/weekly target

Amit,

I go by my experience only. What I have achieved I measure only by my daily returns. My only parameter is whether I had a positive ledger at the end of the day. I don’t say I am positive everyday but my losses are small and every two days combined I am positive for the last 3 months at least. Small wins add up to a significant victory is what my philosophy says. For the last 3 ýears I have been trading I have used a large range of such wonderful targets and strategies only to find them as rainbows on a rainy afternoon – colourful and temporary. And I don’t announce a win until I achieved it. Otherwise it is a sure sign of a novice indeed.
When you choose a long time frame with a reasonable ROI you allow a large room for failure which is good except that you plan to fail  ....you are not hard focused to bring the best out of you and depend on time to cover up your mistakes. Only consistency and discipline can see you through . That is easier said than done.

Whenever somebody announces a grand plan with fantastic ROI number I can’t help recalling my early days in trading when I used to conjure up those fantastic numbers on my excel sheet. Thousands adding to lakhs everyday by increasing my lot sizes and getting an exponentially fatter profit only IF I get to profit every single day of trading. Alas excel sheet projections are very far from actual trading. Even if one can be consistent on profits with small lots, larger lots bring different challenges – some psychological and some systemic. Psychologically one is gets more depressed losing large amounts of money even if it is pre planned as Stop Loss. Systemically a large lot is prone to trading slippages as large orders tend not to get filled at the right price.

My only point is that one should discuss what he has done in the past instead of what he can do. A little good achievement is a lot better than a grand good projection.

Regards,
Oppo

Opportunist
Read your comment way back and can't agree more today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: