Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

50k to 5Lac journey by trading USDINR-using RSI and ST
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author 50k to 5Lac journey by trading USDINR-using RSI and ST
NittinP
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: 50k to 5Lac journey by trading USDINR-using RSI and ST Reply with quote

All,

I am observing USDINR movement since last 3 weeks. I had some conclusion about currency movement. Trend is clearly visible and catchable, hence decided to start journey with initial capital of Rs.50k for Target of Rs.5Lac... Time frame is open ended.

I will be using Power of Compounding. Below is the plan.

Investment (Locked): Rs. 50k
start lot side - 10 lot
That boils down to 5k per lot. So that means if we make loss of 5k, we will reduce our lot size by 1 and if we make profit of 5k we will increase our side by 1.

We will keep compounding till we don't reach our target.

If I am successful in this, then target is 10Lac....finger crossed.. Smile

I am drafting Trading Strategy and will post here... This trading strategy has been in use since last two months and results are very encouraging.

AEOM AEOM AEOM AEOM
DEVDIW
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the role of rsi and sts in trading USD-INR.
NittinP
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSI and ST are indicator which will say when to buy or sell
opportunist
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: 50k to 5Lac journey by trading USDINR-using RSI and ST Reply with quote

NittinP wrote:
All,

I am observing USDINR movement since last 3 weeks. I had some conclusion about currency movement. Trend is clearly visible and catchable, hence decided to start journey with initial capital of Rs.50k for Target of Rs.5Lac... Time frame is open ended.

I will be using Power of Compounding. Below is the plan.

Investment (Locked): Rs. 50k
start lot side - 10 lot
That boils down to 5k per lot. So that means if we make loss of 5k, we will reduce our lot size by 1 and if we make profit of 5k we will increase our side by 1.

We will keep compounding till we don't reach our target.

If I am successful in this, then target is 10Lac....finger crossed.. Smile

I am drafting Trading Strategy and will post here... This trading strategy has been in use since last two months and results are very encouraging.

AEOM AEOM AEOM AEOM

Reading the title of the thread it seemed that you have already made 5 lakh from 50K. Smile Visited the thread to know how fast you did it so that ROI per day or per month can be known. Alas it was not to be .

Anyways best of luck for your endeavour. A word of caution. Usually such grand designs especially with a high target is self defeating. Why dont you keep a week's target or even a day's target so that you can make course corrections to your strategy when you find the going is tough.

Regards,

Oppo
Transcap69
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Anyways best of luck for your endeavour. A word of caution. Usually such grand designs especially with a high target is self defeating. Why dont you keep a week's target or even a day's target so that you can make course corrections to your strategy when you find the going is tough.

Well said oppo,setting a 1000% return in a month....hmmm!! Mr. Green
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oppo, We are lucky you didnt say hourly, otherwise Transcap's calci would have burnt out calculating the "return"! Prakash Holla
NittinP
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys Thanks for reply.

Here is the calculation.

10 lot- minimum avg profit per transaction should be 20ps. Assuming minimum one transaction per week you get 2k at the end of each week.

So After 2.5 weeks... you have 5k to add to 1 lot to the original count.

Now apply power of compounding...

If we make loss in transaction, with every loss of 5k, we will reduce position by 1 lot.

4 weeks = 8k = 1.6Lot = 16% per month

So if calculate, in span of 18 months we reach this milestone...

No hurry... No worry... Just need to remain discipline and consistent
adwani1984
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nitin What does St Mean? RSI i Know...
amitkbaid1008
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adwani1984 wrote:
Hi Nitin What does St Mean? RSI i Know...

Adwani It is Stochastic (STS)
amitkbaid1008
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 50k to 5Lac journey by trading USDINR-using RSI and ST Reply with quote

opportunist wrote:
A word of caution. Usually such grand designs especially with a high target is self defeating. Why dont you keep a week's target or even a day's target so that you can make course corrections to your strategy when you find the going is tough.

Regards,

Oppo

Oppo

In trading setting even a lower target in short term like 1day or 1week will make it more tough than achieving a target for some long term like 6months of 1year

So no mean keeping a daily/weekly target
NittinP
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSI- Relative Strength Index
ST - Smart Trend

I have already tested the strategy, it works as I wanted.

Just need patience and discipline consistently...

Thanks,
NP
vinst
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any example, nittin, about how you propose to use rsi and smart_trend?

besides,
I am not aware of what's smart_trend. kindly explain a bit more.

thanks
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If I am successful in this, then target is 10Lac."

Nitin : why are you so modest? If your method can turn Rs 50000 into Rs 5 lakhs that is 10 times. So your next target should be Rs 50 lakhs. I am looking fwd to hearing more details from you.
Please give entry, SL and target, indicator settings, TF (ie complete trading system)
Rgds, Prakash Holla
rakpeds
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
"If I am successful in this, then target is 10Lac."

Nitin : why are you so modest? If your method can turn Rs 50000 into Rs 5 lakhs that is 10 times. So your next target should be Rs 50 lakhs. I am looking fwd to hearing more details from you.
Please give entry, SL and target, indicator settings, TF (ie complete trading system)
Rgds, Prakash Holla

yes ... looking forwaard to the complete trading strategy...
skd2012
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trader is bound to fail with this irrational target. Anyway good luck. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: