Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

60 crores method in commodities.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Commodities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author 60 crores method in commodities.
svkum
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

सब लोग अपनी अपनी भाषामे लिखने लगे तो क्या होगा , या तो इंग्लिश विन्ग्लिश नहीं आती या तो नहीं लिखने का निश्चय कर दिया है .
मैनेजमेंट , के लोगोने कुछ दिशा मार्गदर्शन करना चाहिए
Rahulsharmaat
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #17   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

los miembros anuncian por favor en inglés, para que todos puedan comprender

i membri affiggono per favore in inglese, in modo che tutti possono capire

Mitglieder stellen bitte auf Englisch auf, damit jeder verstehen kann
mohitshukla2021
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rahul : No offence taken ....I agree with your point ...point is sticking to one set up is important ....because nobody knows when market starts trending or trading....I am back testing this EMA set up for Gold ...and will post result for whole year and not just couple of months....

Now tell me which language I should write 24
Rahulsharmaat
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha ha ---

english is better

and my advice--- leave this silver n gold--- better product is Nat gas
mohitshukla2021
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #20   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...so here it is a back tested set up ....excel sheet attached
Set up : Trading Gold Mini on 1 hour TF with 8 and 34 EMA , stop loss 100 points from 34 EMA.

Points to note: 1.There are whipsaws but huge whipsaws in single candle only 3 or 4 in whole year.....
2. I have pulled down total profit by 20% to include order error/tracking error whatever u call it.
3. Keep one thing in mind...there is no perfect system so one have to learn to live with it .
4. One interesting fact I noticed ...from Jan'12 till June'12 this method resulted in only 12K gain and last 5 months have resulted in remaining 40K gains....so one need to hold nerve , patience is key....

Members' views are welcome....

8-34 EMA Gold.xlsx
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  8-34 EMA Gold.xlsx
 Filesize:  12.23 KB
 Downloaded:  582 Time(s)

opportunist
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #21   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rahulsharmaat wrote:
ha ha ha ---

english is better

and my advice--- leave this silver n gold--- better product is Nat gas

translate.google.co.in .....enjoy in any language
smsmss
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #22   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohitshukla2021 wrote:
Ok...so here it is a back tested set up ....excel sheet attached
Set up : Trading Gold Mini on 1 hour TF with 8 and 34 EMA , stop loss 100 points from 34 EMA.

Points to note: 1.There are whipsaws but huge whipsaws in single candle only 3 or 4 in whole year.....
2. I have pulled down total profit by 20% to include order error/tracking error whatever u call it.
3. Keep one thing in mind...there is no perfect system so one have to learn to live with it .
4. One interesting fact I noticed ...from Jan'12 till June'12 this method resulted in only 12K gain and last 5 months have resulted in remaining 40K gains....so one need to hold nerve , patience is key....

Members' views are welcome....

hi, its good that you are putting efforts for backtesting, which is very essential for any strategy before entering with it in live market

now about the results, 6 months is a very large time for a strategy to under perform. psyche levels are shattered. more over major profits have also come via 2-3 good moves only. so what if you missed the bus and kind of were not trading on that day?

maybe you shud backtest with hedging the position everyday, or on lower timeframe. you may take it is as guidance,suggestion,advice anything or completely throw it off, because it may be that your mind can handle that much pressure. Mr. Green
mohitshukla2021
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #23   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smsmss for encouraging words....that is why in my earlier posts in same thread....I said that one need to have different set ups for different time frames...for this kind of strategy to work one must have other strategies for shorter time frames else one is bound to feel frustrated...
opportunist
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #24   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohitshukla2021 wrote:
Thanks Smsmss for encouraging words....that is why in my earlier posts in same thread....I said that one need to have different set ups for different time frames...for this kind of strategy to work one must have other strategies for shorter time frames else one is bound to feel frustrated...

Mohit can you clarify something... when is price considered to "cut"the EMA? when its tail cuts it OR when its body cuts it. It is specially relevant for commodities as candles are big and tails almost always cuts the 8 EMA thereby triggering squaring off of positions.
mohitshukla2021
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #25   PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opportunist.....I assume taking position when 8EMA is coming down and u take position if price hit some pre decided point below 34 EMA like in case of Gold I usually take position when price hits 30 points below 34 EMA......u correctly observed that candles r very long in commodities and that causes most of the whipsaws ....somehow I could nt find any way to avoid it....
indb
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #26   PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear, rahulsharmat if you are happy with sonila's method..so be with..why you are changing the method?
Rahulsharmaat
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #27   PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praising someones setup , dosent mean I am follower of that set up--
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #28   PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

svkum wrote:
सब लोग अपनी अपनी भाषामे लिखने लगे तो क्या होगा , या तो इंग्लिश विन्ग्लिश नहीं आती या तो नहीं लिखने का निश्चय कर दिया है .
मैनेजमेंट , के लोगोने कुछ दिशा मार्गदर्शन करना चाहिए

SVKUM: I have requested admin quite a few times but what they also can do?
The leader of this regional group (with black belt and Jedi sword) is also part of admin and doesnt listen to rest of them. Chelas blindly follow his method of multiple new threads, large font, red color, native language, etc
Regards, Prakash Holla
indb
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #29   PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear rahulsharmat which set up you are following..? it gives you atleast 20% per year on your capital...i am not talking about so much money...i am asking to you because you test all method's ..
Rahulsharmaat
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #30   PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 sms is enough

every 3 month--double quantity

start with one lot-- capital required 40 K

3 month gain 30 K

capital 70 k now

after 6 month-- capital is 1.3 lack--quantity is 4 lots now

after 9 month-- capital is now 2.5 lac-- quantity is 8 lots

after 1 year-- capital is now 5 lac--- no need to increase quantity

monthly gain can be 75 k -- which is enough
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Commodities All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: