Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

60 crores method in commodities.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Commodities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author 60 crores method in commodities.
k_jeyaraman
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: 60 crores method in commodities. Reply with quote

"How to make 60 crores in 5 years ", started by Vijayakannan is one of the famous threads now. The idea is simple and good. It works well in commodities and other stocks also.

In commodities, though the results are quite encouraging, the risk of carrying forward the open position ( gap openings against position ) and the margin requirement are on the negative sides.

Recently this method has given (I didn't trade in all)

9 points in aluminium and continuing (5000 lot)
20 points in copper and continuing (1000 lot)
50 points in crude (100 lot)
10 points in lead and continuing (5000 lot)
20 points in natural gas and continuing (1250 lot)
80 points in nickel and continuing (250 lot)
10 points in zinc and continuing (5000 lot)

gold and silver I don't follow due to the type of wild movement they have.

Will it be worth continuing this thread and update on new entry exit levels? What do you say?
prasadaa12
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you tell the strategy please or update where we can read it
sethu45
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant understand the illustration you have mentioned. Just explain the strategy in detail.
mohitshukla2021
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo K Jeyaraman !!

I have been thinking for so long if this EMA works well in commodities as well.....To answer your query , different time frames are good for different commodities....I am currently back testing results for few commodities ...will post results soon...

Sethu and Prasadaa....strategy is explained in detail in a thread '60 Crores in 5 years' ....Basically this strategy involves EMA crossover and trading according to the flow.....
Rahulsharmaat
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when its posted with such figure--it looks so much interesting--
but ground reality is something else--

gain in any metal where lot size is 5000--- 10 points is 50000-- no doubt
But what when after taking position it goes to other direction without exiting current position-- if it goes even 2 points-- legs and heart with start tumbling--

Regarding Nifty trade in the original thread-- in last 19 months 1900 points made --that is 100 points every month { brokerage has to be excluded }
now what plan can make it 60 crore in 5 years-- even 6 crore is not possible-

================================================

Yesterday i spoke to a friend in Madurai-- who was a great fan of 3 Ema-- 30 EMA cross over 30 Min TF-- { one great Guru in bangalore was the master of this }--he traded for almost 2 years in this method--without fail-- where entry was taken and exit was auto exit-- has left this set up and was crying that why i wasted my 2 years on this-- he is trading Currency now---

I also traded this set up-- and have seen that once entry in long is there-- nifty may go adverse almost 120--30 points without exit and then again upside-- again exit almost at low-- and short-- again wild moves other side- which kills once patience-- and net result is not that satisfactory--

thats why i worked on these SMA and EMA set ups--where after all back testings i saw that filters-- stop losses and targets are must-- to gain maximum---

i have seen many threads here-- in which big claims are posted-- just seeing 10-- day results-- we have to see all market conditions--

Recently saw a thread of Silver-- made 3500 points in 5 days-- ha ha ha --because fast rally n drop was there-- back test for 6 months-- eyes will open--
k_jeyaraman
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: 34 dema and 8dema works Reply with quote

I tested with 34 and 8 dema. It works!. I had a few trades also.

For All! Please read the strategy and the subsequent discussions on the thread " how to make 60 crores in 5 years with an investment of 20000".
mohitshukla2021
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree...Rahul ...bottom line is one have to in mind ...generally EMA based set up are good for longer time frames and positional trades...one must have some set ups for shorter time frames (read intra day) where u take a trade with stop loss and set targets...u enter the trade and u exit once target met or stop loss hit ..no question asked no if no but.....

Power of compounding works best on paper...still as a trader one need to identify his own set ups and master it....
Rahulsharmaat
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MR Shukla

My comments were not personal-- and more over-- give us one well back tested product-- with test result for almost 9--12 months-- with net gain--as well how much pain one has to see --to get the gain-- i mean stop losses in a row---
Rahulsharmaat
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without naming the thread-

Where all big claims are given--in the setup-- which is intra day -- one member spoke to me and discussed that last 3 months he traded without fail-- and after Brokerage gains are nil-- and said i wasted 3 months--

thats what i am pointing out

===============================================

Yes Sonila has done a great work-- intra day trades and excellent results--
k_jeyaraman
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"gain in any metal where lot size is 5000--- 10 points is 50000-- no doubt
But what when after taking position it goes to other direction without exiting current position-- if it goes even 2 points-- legs and heart with start tumbling"

-When it goes against your position you need to exit. do not wait for 2 points. there may be whipsaws , but you will sure be on the right direction of the trend.

One has to be aware this method works only in trending market. In sideways market it doesn't. Similarly RSI momentum etc etc works well only in range bound market. All trend line indicators comfortably comes with pattern failure indications. Hence I would say all methods have their own short comings.

Regarding 60 crores- That figure is just due to the power of compounding. Vijayakannan himself has told that. Not 60 crores - even if we make 6000 it is ok. What is important is that we should not give 6000 to market.
Rahulsharmaat
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said

I know its compunding-- No doubt on that--
Right now question is Minimum risk and good gain-- Is this that setup ???

has to be proved

Now regarding-- Exiting when is whipsaw--- My question is which set up has direct hit to target ???? how do u know its whipsaw--- after how many points u will realise this--- after going 2 points down--it went straight 10 points up--- then all will say --why u exited when system was still long/ short

point is that
tps
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

கேட்பவன் கேனபயல இருந்தா கேப்பைய்ல இருந்து நெய் வடியுதுன்னு சொல்லுவாக
tps
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

எல்லோரும் மீன் பிடிச்சிக்கிட்டு இருந்தா யாரு சமைக்கிறது ?
மீன் பிடிக்கிறவுக மீன் பிடிக்கட்டும் சமைக்க தெரிஞ்சவன் சமையல தானே பாக்கணும் ...
அம்புட்டு வேலையும் ஒரே ஆளு பாக்கமுடியுமோ ?
Rahulsharmaat
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

people write-- tamil-- telugu kannada-- french-- italian--- no use-- when others dont understand
opportunist
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tps wrote:
எல்லோரும் மீன் பிடிச்சிக்கிட்டு இருந்தா யாரு சமைக்கிறது ?
மீன் பிடிக்கிறவுக மீன் பிடிக்கட்டும் சமைக்க தெரிஞ்சவன் சமையல தானே பாக்கணும் ...
அம்புட்டு வேலையும் ஒரே ஆளு பாக்கமுடியுமோ ?

tamil theryad Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Commodities All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: