Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a layman's approach to break out and break down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 199, 200, 201, 202, 203  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author a layman's approach to break out and break down
as4manju
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2986   PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nifty fut View

Nifty consistent lower top lower bottom formation.. from the low of 4670 (yesterday) we might move upto 4900 may be thats the best i can give for this pull back.. then start the down move n retest the lows of 4630 which is just a number but i guess below 4580 a HNS pattern will be completed and tgt for short term can be a down leg of 400-600 points that would take nifty close to 4200-4000.. its just my veiw and till the levels are not broken on down side the pattern is not complete i m just guessing in advance though...

Regards
Manju

Nifty1612.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  106.51 KB
 Viewed:  584 Time(s)

Nifty1612.png

jjm
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2987   PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casperda,

Hello!!

Trust, you are very much active in your venture

Regards,

JJM

icici_ihns_60tf_221211.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.87 KB
 Viewed:  589 Time(s)

icici_ihns_60tf_221211.png

maddyprincess
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2988   PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hindustan Unilever has made ascending triangle pattern & breakout above 403 with good volumes on daily chart. So the stock could target 430-435.

artist artist artist

Hindunilvr.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  168.58 KB
 Viewed:  584 Time(s)

Hindunilvr.JPG

vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #2989   PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maddyprincess, AT is formed at the top of an uptrend. Is it still valid?
maddyprincess
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2990   PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:

hi vinay28

The ascending triangle is a bullish formation that usually forms during an uptrend as a continuation pattern. There are instances when ascending triangles form as reversal patterns at the end of a downtrend, but they are typically continuation patterns. Regardless of where they form, ascending triangles are bullish patterns that indicate accumulation.
Let's see !!!!!!!!!
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #2991   PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maddyprincess wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

hi vinay28

The ascending triangle is a bullish formation that usually forms during an uptrend as a continuation pattern. There are instances when ascending triangles form as reversal patterns at the end of a downtrend, but they are typically continuation patterns. Regardless of where they form, ascending triangles are bullish patterns that indicate accumulation.
Let's see !!!!!!!!!

nice explanation maddyprinces and nice pattern too, seen in weekly also , in eod it had divergence but did not fall and its going up, its a particularly bullish sign.......... a humble target is 430.....lets see what hppns here
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #2992   PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjm wrote:
Casperda,

Hello!!

Trust, you are very much active in your venture

Regards,

JJM

hii brother

what to say abt the pattern??? bulls eye as always

here i share another view of icici............dont hv rt chart so let me put it in weekly

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

dont know if its ww or not, u know i dont understand ww clearly........

but it looks like my good old wedge and i just love it!!!!!!!!

breaking of upper tl will be a buy signal, and target is around 944

icici weekly.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  84.54 KB
 Viewed:  596 Time(s)

icici weekly.PNG

vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #2993   PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you maddyprincess and casper. good learning. It is just that I read somewhere that ATs at the top of an uptrend do breakdown sometimes. Also, I felt that HUL, being a defensive stock, may go down if nifty goes up. I do accept that it has also moved with nifty sometimes in recent months.

Last edited by vinay28 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #2994   PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as4manju wrote:
Nifty fut View

Nifty consistent lower top lower bottom formation.. from the low of 4670 (yesterday) we might move upto 4900 may be thats the best i can give for this pull back.. then start the down move n retest the lows of 4630 which is just a number but i guess below 4580 a HNS pattern will be completed and tgt for short term can be a down leg of 400-600 points that would take nifty close to 4200-4000.. its just my veiw and till the levels are not broken on down side the pattern is not complete i m just guessing in advance though...

Regards
Manju

welcome back manju

both of us are too busy, but may i request u to keep posting some of ur calls? at least once in week? the old timers may agree with me that no body can give wonderful positional calls like u .............. at least i hv not seen any

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2995   PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as4manju wrote:
Nifty fut View

Regards
Manju
Manju Sir,
is the HNS means the head and shoulder pattern? if so, my understanding is that HNS is a bearish reversal pattern that forms at the top of an up trend and doesnot match the current down trend an inverted head and shoulder is the bearish reversal pattern that may form at the bottom of the down trend. is that right?

regards
padkondu
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #2996   PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as4manju wrote:
Nifty fut View

Regards
Manju

May I add some fundamental supporting view! The recently passed Food Security Bill needs approx. 200000 crores. Oil subsidy surmounted up to 80000 crores. Our budget is already reeling with deficit. Where from this money has to come?. Just from thin air. Govt. printing presses will work vigorously to meet these huge expenses.

Then Rupee is not an US $. It depreciates further. Inflation will shoot up. GDP flatters. Yesterday, when Indexes surge up more than 3 % FII’s and DII’s both remain net sellers…..surprising…When GDP mess up and Rupee depreciates what The FII’s are going to do.... Any body’s guess. This possible technical view could be the manifestation of this possible fundamental scenario. Only future can validate its relevance.
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2997   PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Nifty view Reply with quote

Hi

the eod chart of nifty has formed a wolf wave pattern and the 5th leg in the wolf wave formation is complete. a bullish reversal is on cards. the reversal is doubly confirmed by the bos and cci combination and divergence of macd. before it could meet the target there are several hiccups in the name of 13ema, 34ema, monthly pivot, and a strong resistance at around 5350 and beyond 5404... we can have a new up trend breaching the down trend line for over sevral months.

on down side, breach of 4522 could pull the market further to 4200 and then 3900........

the third option is the market may go range bound between 4500 and 5200.

there is another 60min chart of nifty which indicates a trend change. the currenti immediate trend is up in 60 min. go to 15 min chart and buy using any entry strategy such as breakout of previous swing highs or CCI-5 etc and ofcourse with a stop loss.

it is for the market to decide what it will do. and it is for us to decide whether to follow the tiger to find a rabbit or fight the tiger and perish.

i love to see the feed back from the experts and know how experts view this and analyse the markets.

regards
padkondu

nifty 60min chart.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.87 KB
 Viewed:  604 Time(s)

nifty 60min chart.png

nifty eod.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  52.6 KB
 Viewed:  578 Time(s)

nifty eod.png

S.S.
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2998   PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as4manju wrote:
Nifty fut View

Regards
Manju

nice to see u manju ...after very long break.... now hopefully..... i can get ur simple but very clear n effective veiw on market.....
josabr
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2999   PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Nifty view Reply with quote

Padkondu wrote:
Hi

the eod chart of nifty has formed a wolf wave pattern and the 5th leg in the wolf wave formation is complete. a bullish reversal is on cards. the reversal is doubly confirmed by the bos and cci combination and divergence of macd. before it could meet the target there are several hiccups in the name of 13ema, 34ema, monthly pivot, and a strong resistance at around 5350 and beyond 5404... we can have a new up trend breaching the down trend line for over sevral months....................

regards
padkondu

Hi Padkondu

Impressive analysis...a +ww was identified earlier a day or two ago on another thead (Running with wolves...i think); so your analysis reinforces that. Just curious if you have an eta for 5300-5400 levels. How high do you think the Nifty will go by this Dec end??

Thanks
Joe
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3000   PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Nifty view Reply with quote

josabr wrote:
Padkondu wrote:
Hi

the eod chart of nifty has formed a wolf wave pattern and the 5th leg in the wolf wave formation is complete. a bullish reversal is on cards. the reversal is doubly confirmed by the bos and cci combination and divergence of macd. before it could meet the target there are several hiccups in the name of 13ema, 34ema, monthly pivot, and a strong resistance at around 5350 and beyond 5404... we can have a new up trend breaching the down trend line for over sevral months....................

regards
padkondu

Hi Padkondu

Impressive analysis...a +ww was identified earlier a day or two ago on another thead (Running with wolves...i think); so your analysis reinforces that. Just curious if you have an eta for 5300-5400 levels. How high do you think the Nifty will go by this Dec end??

Thanks
Joe
Hi Josabr

I do not have any forecast on where nifty will go by the end of december. I just have a plan of action. If A happens do this, If B happens do this and if C happens do this. that is all.

I forgot to mention in the post that this is the view for a swing trader and i will try to go long keeping my stops. there are several hurdles to move past 5402, the fundamental and economic situation, apart from the technical view. this is least probable scenario. the other two situations - going down after this pull back or going sideways from here on are likely. however i keep my mind open to any situation.

further this post should have appeared in the the other thread, "running with the wolves". i posted here by mistake... becoz this is not the relavant thread.

regards
Padkondu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 199, 200, 201, 202, 203  Next
Page 200 of 203

Jump to: