Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Simple Strategy for Investment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author A Simple Strategy for Investment
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #31   PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand what you are implying rebel but it's always left to the individual whether to plan for next 2 years or 20. Also, most make mistake of trying to make money in trading to begin with in order to start investment but actually seeing their capital gone.
Rebel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #32   PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
I don't understand what you are implying rebel but it's always left to the individual whether to plan for next 2 years or 20. Also, most make mistake of trying to make money in trading to begin with in order to start investment but actually seeing their capital gone.

vinay,
i have read all your posts and i follow,i just shared a simple personal thought. just simplified the billionaire term in trading... angel
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #33   PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
this is for traders who aspire to become a billionaire, networth = assets-liabilities,so assets are something which can be liquidated for cash or perform for creating returns, so a billionaire trader is one who trades for atleast 6000cr per annum...6000cr yearly /500 cr monthly /25cr daily.so if one has A1.25cr for daily target of 25cr or 25cr for monthly tgt of 500cr, he become a billionaire as i roughly calculate leverage as 20times...

Rebel: Either you have not properly read/ understood Vinay's post or you are on another track altogether!
Let me give you an example of my personal knowledge
1a At the peak of Harshad Mehta crash, 1991, NRN came out with INFY public issue. Rs 100 per Rs 10 share. Undersubscribed because everyone shocked, market is dead, HM has killed it, now where we will invest our money? (I understand that Franklin Templeton MF bought ONE LAKH+ shares!)
Mr XYZ saw the good reviews esp in Hindu business supplement (Monday), which he trusted, and bought 200 @ 100 = Rs 20000. OK?
When he passed away in 2006, he left his children 25000 shares worth Rs 2000 each! Power of compounding
This is in addition to many dividends paid by Infy over the years
THIS IS NOT AN ISOLATED EXAMPLE
1b NRN gave ONE original share (1982) to driver/ mali/ bai. He kept the shares safely in his cupboard. Today each of them may have 1000 Infy shares each = Rs 35 lakhs
2 Castrol/ Indrol: whoever got shares in public issue got good dividend and bonus issue every 3 years
3 ITC: Whoever bought "Imperial Tobacco" and kept the shares got good dividend and regular bonus
4 Almost any foreign company like Glaxo, Gillette etc which was forced by the Govt to give part of holding to public, if you got allotment and held, today worth fortune
B Another good way to become billionaire is to buy real estate in up and coming locality. Even one who bought site worth Rs 1 lakh in 1990 in JP Nagar Bangalore today he would have site worth Rs 1 crore!
Jai Hind, Prakash Holla
acharyams
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #34   PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come people, let us set out in search of that sought after NEXT INFY.
pkholla wrote:
Rebel wrote:
this is for traders who aspire to become a billionaire, networth = assets-liabilities,so assets are something which can be liquidated for cash or perform for creating returns, so a billionaire trader is one who trades for atleast 6000cr per annum...6000cr yearly /500 cr monthly /25cr daily.so if one has A1.25cr for daily target of 25cr or 25cr for monthly tgt of 500cr, he become a billionaire as i roughly calculate leverage as 20times...

Rebel: Either you have not properly read/ understood Vinay's post or you are on another track altogether!
Let me give you an example of my personal knowledge
1a At the peak of Harshad Mehta crash, 1991, NRN came out with INFY public issue. Rs 100 per Rs 10 share. Undersubscribed because everyone shocked, market is dead, HM has killed it, now where we will invest our money? (I understand that Franklin Templeton MF bought ONE LAKH+ shares!)
Mr XYZ saw the good reviews esp in Hindu business supplement (Monday), which he trusted, and bought 200 @ 100 = Rs 20000. OK?
When he passed away in 2006, he left his children 25000 shares worth Rs 2000 each! Power of compounding
This is in addition to many dividends paid by Infy over the years
THIS IS NOT AN ISOLATED EXAMPLE
1b NRN gave ONE original share (1982) to driver/ mali/ bai. He kept the shares safely in his cupboard. Today each of them may have 1000 Infy shares each = Rs 35 lakhs
2 Castrol/ Indrol: whoever got shares in public issue got good dividend and bonus issue every 3 years
3 ITC: Whoever bought "Imperial Tobacco" and kept the shares got good dividend and regular bonus
4 Almost any foreign company like Glaxo, Gillette etc which was forced by the Govt to give part of holding to public, if you got allotment and held, today worth fortune
B Another good way to become billionaire is to buy real estate in up and coming locality. Even one who bought site worth Rs 1 lakh in 1990 in JP Nagar Bangalore today he would have site worth Rs 1 crore!
Jai Hind, Prakash Holla
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #35   PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acharyams wrote:

even if someone does post, how many will believe it? Smile
Rebel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #36   PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im ready,but how to search? Sad
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #37   PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel: I would suggest to look for reviews of companies in trusted newspapers, magazines and websites eg The Hindu (+ Business Line), Eco Times, Money Week, moneycontrol etc. Even print newspapers and magazines nowadays have e-editions. When more than one of above gives very good review to the same company then the chances of that tip being good are much better.
Also if you hear that companies are selling non-core assets to reduce debt, rescheduling loans, selling some shares to new partner with good name, offering VRS to non-essential staff, then these companies may be about to witness upward move in share price
You have heard of Godrej Consumer Products. But have you heard that CMP shot up from 100 to 900 in 3 years? All because of conscious decision to target the rural and small urban areas of India. You may not buy Cinthol soap and powder but many rural consumers do. Those who target this neglected area (like GodrejCP, ITC, HUL) are really reaping benefits
Companies like ITC, Infy come once in a blue moon but by selecting 10 out of next 100 (with EQUAL amounts invested in each) we will do better than nothing
Jai Hind, Prakash Holla
acharyams
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #38   PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was the problem for INFY itself in its nascent stage.
However, why not we ,at least, try together lest we miss the WOULD BE GIANT and repent later.
Vinayji, come and discuss. Don't bother about non-believers. After all, they will be loser in long run. Thanks

vinay28 wrote:
acharyams wrote:

even if someone does post, how many will believe it? Smile
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #39   PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel: one more tip I can give is go to BSE India website. Suppose you look up data for ITC. Search and you will find out which MF are invested in ITC shares. Why not take advantage of their research?
I think we can trust research teams of HDFC MF, Reliance MF, Birla MF, Franklin Templeton MF (they bought >1 lakh shares of Infy in 1991-2 IPO!). They pay huge amounts to BE/MBA, MA Maths etc and employ latest screening SW to identify growth companies
Why not just piggy- back on their research and investment decisions for FREE?
Prakash Holla
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #40   PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

risk takers may buy Rajoo Engg (BSE code 522257). CMP 6.00. Keep proper SL (one may keep 5.0 intraday or on daily close basis) and raise it if it goes up. Don't overindulge since volumes are thin.
amitagg
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #41   PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
vinay28 wrote:
Sintex looks good for investment with initial SL daily close below 31 or 38. In general, it's time to look at BSE 500 stocks. Unfortunately, hardly any one in icharts seems interested in investment, which is sad. Also, no one posts views on (a) fundamentals of the company, (b) its relative performance vis-a-vis others in same sector and (c) the sector itself.

The billionaires in equity markets all over the world are so only because of long term investment.

vinay,
a true statement,but in todays market companies are not stable or we dont have risk bearing ability,and insufficient funds to buy sizeable quantity,in order to make initial money for investmens trading day and swing but unfortunately loss comes on its way and Detroit the plan...and moreover bad job markets make many to enter day trading as they have to be engaged in the market all the time due to lack of any other work...trading vanishes unemployment...but here comes the challenge to protect the capital and to perform with the capital... Smile

this is for traders who aspire to become a billionaire,networth = assets-liabilities,so assets are something which can be liquidated for cash or peform for creating returns,so a billionaire trader is one who trades for atleast 6000cr per annum...6000cr yearly/500 cr monthly/25cr daily.so if one has 1.25cr for daily target of 25cr or 25cr for monthly tgt of 500cr, he become a billionaire as i roughly calculate leverage as 20times....he is a billionaire until he manages the whims of the markets properly,looks...so simple to become but staying as billionaire is hard job Surprised

Vinay, any update for Sintex pls..lastweek got a buy recommendation for target 48+in next 3-4 months from two indepedant sources....just some time frame and possible targets for investment for months..if only easy to retrieve..(Have doubted creds of this company)
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #42   PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amitagg wrote:
Vinay, any update for Sintex pls..lastweek got a buy recommendation for target 48+in next 3-4 months from two indepedant sources....just some time frame and possible targets for investment for months..if only easy to retrieve..(Have doubted creds of this company)

when I posted it on 1st feb, immediate target was about 37, which it crossed early march. Next targets are 44-46, 51-52 (and best case about 60) once it sustains above about 38 on closing basis. If not, it may form a HnS and breach of 31 may take it down to about 20. Even otherwise, on lower side, it may revisit previous low of about 20 and even 10-7 in extreme bearish scenario. But considering that it fell from about 300 in 2008, a fall to 20 or below gives excellent long term investment chance.

RSI has given a BO on daily but is approaching over bought level. However, RSI has to cross 64 on weekly for further rise. I would say, SL may be daily close below 35/30/28 depending upon one's appetite.

Fundamentally, it will look up a great deal as real estate sector starts developing but it also performs well due to regular need for its products for existing buildings as well.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #43   PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NMDC meets the basic criteria of this thread. Dividend yield is also excellent. Presently it is down due to uncertainty about govt policies and legal issues about mines.

I have bought some.
AjitS
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #44   PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
amitagg wrote:

when I posted it on 1st feb, immediate target was about 37, which it crossed early march. Next targets are 44-46, 51-52 (and best case about 60) once it sustains above about 38 on closing basis. If not, it may form a HnS and breach of 31 may take it down to about 20. Even otherwise, on lower side, it may revisit previous low of about 20 and even 10-7 in extreme bearish scenario. But considering that it fell from about 300 in 2008, a fall to 20 or below gives excellent long term investment chance.

RSI has given a BO on daily but is approaching over bought level. However, RSI has to cross 64 on weekly for further rise. I would say, SL may be daily close below 35/30/28 depending upon one's appetite.

Fundamentally, it will look up a great deal as real estate sector starts developing but it also performs well due to regular need for its products for existing buildings as well.

Vinay,

Since the above comments on Sintex long time back, Sintex has given excellent returns, making a high of about 135, and is now talked about as good investment in mid-cap space. However, it has crashed to 70-odd levels since results a couple of days back.

Any comments about investments in Sintex?
kanna
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #45   PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinay ji has posted the following stocks in this thread on april 2014 and recommended as his picks. the current growth is as below.

BSE

stocks - rate during apr 2014 - current rate

Butterfly Gandhimati Appliances
Victoria Mills
Investment Precision Casting

NSE

Lotus eye care- 6 - 25
Jocil - 98 - 233
Repro India - 159 - 422 - high 600
Usher agro -
Atlanta - 40 - 62 - high 100
EID Parry - 154 - 250
Esab India - 477 - 574 - high 750
India Infoline
Sabero Organics - 130 - 200
Selan Extrusions - 527 - 188 - high 660
Venus Remedies - 265 - 110 - high 300
Suzlon 14 - 16 - high 30
Lakshmi vilas bank - 82 - 152
Orissa Mineral Corp. -
TRIL- 103 - 350
Tube Investment - 186 - 600
HFCL - 9 - 16 - 21 hig
Onmobile Global - 33 - 105
Moserbaer - 3 - 7 - high 16
ACE construction 17 --50

I have mentioned only what i can take from I charts.[/u]

kanna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: