Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABAN'S SPLIT/BONUS OF 1:5 NOT ADJUSTED EVEN AFTER 5 YEARS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Problems & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author ABAN'S SPLIT/BONUS OF 1:5 NOT ADJUSTED EVEN AFTER 5 YEARS
SID2060
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: ABAN'S SPLIT/BONUS OF 1:5 NOT ADJUSTED EVEN AFTER 5 YEARS Reply with quote

DEAR ST/PT,

PLEASE FIND THE ATTACHED IMAGE FILE BELOW.......

REGARDS,

SID

ABAN NOT ADJUSTED.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  112.81 KB
 Viewed:  532 Time(s)

ABAN NOT ADJUSTED.JPG

tripathi_manu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: ABAN'S SPLIT/BONUS OF 1:5 NOT ADJUSTED EVEN AFTER 5 YEAR Reply with quote

SID2060 wrote:
DEAR ST/PT,

REGARDS,

SID

How the charts can be correct.
how can correct meaning can be derived from the charts.

manu
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: ABAN'S SPLIT/BONUS OF 1:5 NOT ADJUSTED EVEN AFTER 5 YEAR Reply with quote

SID2060 wrote:
DEAR ST/PT,

REGARDS,

SID

If you search more you will find many more such scrips. We started processing splits/bonuses only after iCharts was founded in early 2006. Adjusting splits/bonuses is a manual process, we will see if we can do something about the historical data before we started processing splits/bonuses.

Sorry about this, we will try and see if we can atleast automate finding of such scrips so they can be manually taken care of.

SID2060
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear ST,

As u use 8 years historical data to compute the exponential moving averages, it is must that those 8 years historical data are accurately split/bonus adjusted... But u r saying that historical data are adjusted from the year 2006 onwards... It means many scrips are there whose ema is wrong...

Just imagine a 1:10 split/bonus not adjusted in the year 2005.. The scrip price of 100 becomes 10... If u dun adjust it, it will compute terrible emas

Regards,
Sid
kamal.icharts
Site Admin

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: ABAN BONUS / SPLIT Reply with quote

Dear SID,

I would like to clarify one more point apart from the clarification that ST gave regarding the bonus/split.

To adjust the split and bonus for any stock and any time period, we require the bonus / split information in a specific format. The issue with ABAN is that we do not have the required information for the bonus / split that happened in 2005. Even if you search the Bhav copy on the NSE website, that information is not available.

This is the case which many other stocks where the information on the split and bonus is not available on the NSE website and without that information, we cannot process any adjustments.

Regards

Kamal
azaidi
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

For cases where the info is not available from NSE, can it not be taken from the companie's own site? A google search should turn up the details on the ratio etc.

Regards.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that HDFC's chart is not adjusted after the split in Aug '10.
SID2060
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear KAMAL Sir,

I mainly access this website thru my nokia 5230 mobile phone with opera browser installed in it. I used to access the link below since 3 months with no problem but frm around 3-4 days, whenever i try to open the link below, a blank page opens. I dun knw suddenly wat happend. Have u blocked the mobile access for the link or u have made some changes which prevent my access to the below link??

Please look into the matter, as there may be many other mobile users who r facing the same problem...

www.icharts.in/charts-premium.html

Regards,
S I D
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
I find that HDFC's chart is not adjusted after the split in Aug '10.

HDFC EOD charts do not have any problems. It is all adjusted, I am not sure where you see the problem. Please provide more info.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SID2060 wrote:
Dear KAMAL Sir,

I mainly access this website thru my nokia 5230 mobile phone with opera browser installed in it. I used to access the link below since 3 months with no problem but frm around 3-4 days, whenever i try to open the link below, a blank page opens. I dun knw suddenly wat happend. Have u blocked the mobile access for the link or u have made some changes which prevent my access to the below link??

Please look into the matter, as there may be many other mobile users who r facing the same problem...

www.icharts.in/charts-premium.html

Regards,
S I D

You might have just got logged out of the website (on your phone). Just check the login status and re-login and try. You should get it.

SID2060
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by SID2060 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
SID2060
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear st sir,

I automatically get logged in as soon as i open the website coz my opera browser remember the id and password and log me in automatically. I write all my forum post thru mobile internet nly. Rite nw also m using mobile internet while writing this post. Nly logged in users r allowed to write a post. As m allowd, it means m logged in. The probs is sumthng else which i request u to resolve

Regards,
Sid
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #13   PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SID2060 wrote:
Dear st sir,

I automatically get logged in as soon as i open the website coz my opera browser remember the id and password and log me in automatically. I write all my forum post thru mobile internet nly. Rite nw also m using mobile internet while writing this post. Nly logged in users r allowed to write a post. As m allowd, it means m logged in. The probs is sumthng else which i request u to resolve

Regards,
Sid

Try clearing the cookies once on your mobile. I am able to view charts (premium) on my mobile without any problem. It is some small issue on your mobile, it should work fine...

SID2060
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear ST,

Heads off to u sir. I cleared the cookies and my problem is solved nw... Thanks alot for ur world class support and service..

Regards,
SID Smile
ProTrader
Site Admin

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STTTTTT..take Ressssst or will complain to your doc. cure

SID, I will send you a big bill for this world class support or think it as your payback to find scrips that have issues with Split or Bonus and inform us when you come across one Laughing

--PT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Problems & Complaints All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: