Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Admins please advise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Admins please advise
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Admins please advise Reply with quote

Quote:
Market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has cracked the whip on social media platforms and has proposed that any equity analysis on all modern means of communications should be banned if it comes from sources that have not been authorised by Sebi.

The market regulator has found itself in a tough spot as it draws much scrutiny from the social media. The hashtags #SEBIgoback and #SEBIkidadagiri have been trending on twitter, as the community feels that this is an obstruction of their Right to freedom of speech and expression.

Please advise, above article is doing rounds and Twitter is active on this subject today. Are there any implications and policy change for users like us.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they will withdraw it or dilute it
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: SEBI wah wah wah Reply with quote

SEBI must accept criticism as they are doing NOTHING to control BLATANT manipulation even of sound scrips like LT, Ktkbank, Cummins, Glenmark, MM, etc which are going fundamentally from strength to strength. I myself hv messaged this again and again in MC
Looks like SEBI (under advice of political masters) is only focussed on Besahara Subroto and keeping him in jail forever!
SEBI even issued clean chit to market operators recently saying that banned persons and entities are staying away! (Nothing about newcomers doing golmaal?)

So ....
1) How IC can be blamed if we post analysis of scrips/ index AS ALWAYS
2) Let us keep posting analysis AS ALWAYS
3) Lets see if SEBI wakes up from 'other than subroto= slumber' party and takes any action agnst us and why?
4) Let us post standard disclaimer like Apka is doing: Only for info and research purposes?

Further please note that IC is mostly a paid subscriber club and not open FREE FOR ALL like money-control .... hence IC MAY CONSIDER INTRO A NEW DISCOUNTED MEMBERSHIP WHICH ALLOWS ONLY LIMITED ACCESS INCL FORUM ACCESS with log-in
..... AND EVERYONE HAS TO LOG IN TO POST OR READ?
Smile
Cheers, Prakash Holla
rameshraja
Expert
Expert

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sebi.gov.in/cms/sebi_data/attachdocs/1475839876350.pdf
skaz
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think SEBI directive is good and worth praising. May be SEBI wants more trader and investor and less preacher, tip sellers. In absence of such directive many misuse it.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever their intention, where does that leave us?
skaz
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forum like ichart should not be covered completely under such directives. As it has been a great educational platform for many traders. But at the same time many charting and discussion platform and individual should come under scrutiny. As such platform are being misused. Very Happy
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject: SEBI rules Reply with quote

I went thru the docu whose link was provided by R Raja
The main stated purpose, apart from regulation, appears to be: protect the innocent investor from cheating "experts", mainly cheating by provision of wrong/ misleading advice and by taking large fees, by cash mode!
My personal opinion is that if we convert ICharts into a compulsory log-in club, with a range of fees ranging from minmum for login to see EOD chart & view/write in Forum ... to max for Platinum ... not open to public, it may solve 50% of the problem
Also those giving tips/ hints/ levels in IC Forum should WITHOUT FAIL add a disclaimer about no fees being charged or chargeable, only for edu or discussion purpose, etc = BALANCE 50%

Let us also avoid criticism of SEBI actions & inactions, however deserved, as they are thin- skinned like all do-gooders in the Govt! (I myself have been guilty of this in the recent past)

Jai Hind, Prakash Holla
AmitSwl_FnO
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skaz, though I agree with you that the topic is beyond charting, but at the same time not irrelevant, In my opinion a thread about sebi and its actions in the entire forum should be allowed by admins...

Pkholla it won't make a difference, majority of market participants shall obtain the requisite certification , Though i fully agree with your views on sebis dadagiri...SEBI is primary job is to do prevent major scams...that is elephant...all these things are mice...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: