Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AJAYHKAUL blog
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author AJAYHKAUL blog
vishvesh2001
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #436   PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be in dumps today. But what is the solution. Do we want Doctors. engineers and civil contractors to do accounting and accountants to treat patients and construct building,

Please help in cleaning the system, Too much of greed with the business heads and to be more and more competetive leading to unethical business practices has lead to this situtation

Cheers
ajayhkaul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #437   PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vishvesh2001 wrote:
May be in dumps today. But what is the solution. Do we want Doctors. engineers and civil contractors to do accounting and accountants to treat patients and construct building,

Please help in cleaning the system, Too much of greed with the business heads and to be more and more competetive leading to unethical business practices has lead to this situtation

Cheers

With few exceptions , only students at the bottom of the class take up arts and commerce. I have yet to come across any class topper take up commerce( there are exceptions though)

Psychologically the students at the bottom of the class are treated as sedimentary by society. Our education system does not bring out latent talent from these students. Come on , they must be good at something other than classroom taught stuff.

This is their revenge ! Mess up the finances , at global levels.

We are aware many financial products are based on complex maths which are difficult even for engineers to grasp .

Problems are compounded with IT . I can see general phobia among accounts and admin personnel with IT. Try delivering a online downloaded software license on a dongle to an accountant --- he goes berserk !

With so many challenges , and on the back foot socially, they tend to fall in line and collude with business owners.

Ever wonder why Accountants never go on strike?

The global financial system is spinning out of control and I would be surprised if a solution comes from the system itself.

You cannot solve a problem with the same level of intelligence with which it was created in the first place.

Some engineers with MBAs do take up finance ...I am not aware how well they do (no data)

Yes vishvesh2001 , the long term solution is to make students and parents aware that commerce and arts are fine career choices for bright students also.

No offense meant ......( who wants the taxman on his tail !)

For listed companies , the CFO should be appointed by the government and she must report to GOI where her salary will be decided. Auditors like the one at satyam or enron should be shut down.

More ideas?
STEPUP
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #438   PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question is "Who is ready for the TRUTH".

Ajayji , u remember the song from 3IDIOTS - ALL IZZ WELL .

Jab life ho out of control
Honthon ko kar ke gol
Seeti bajaa ke bol

Aal izz well

Murgi kya jaane ande ka kya hoga
Arre life milegi ya tawee pe fry hoga
Koi na jaane apna future kya hoga. 24 24 24.

In Indian Industry there is a saying "THE BEST PLACE OF INVESTMENT ON EARTH IS THE EARTH ITSELF".
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #439   PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we fail to identify the root cause, it will be a futile exercise analyzing the part of the issue. The basic problem with this production system is it's entire dependence on Demand-Supply and it's all out efforts to destruct the very Demand. This is the great irony of today’s world order.

How come a system can survive on such a policy? Great dependence on one factor and keep on destructing that very core factor and still expect to grow.

Till this paradox is resolved there is no escape for us. The society and the markets will move from crisis to crisis, widening the gulf between countries, societies, nations, and people; increasing irrationalities in every aspect of life. History is announcing it time and again. Shall we listen to it or not?..... Up to us!

All other issues are byproducts of this basic issue and byproducts of the attempts to tinker it without addressing the root cause.

Last edited by rk_a2003 on Thu May 31, 2012 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #440   PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

finance guys should only do what they are supposed to do and that is provide a support by "managing" money given to them to support business by provinding money supply and give opinion to CEO on all financial issues. Let CEO do his job. CEO means FM or PM also. I have seen CFOs enforcing cost cutting on their own (and CEOs not objecting to it). How can they? They know nothing about business
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #441   PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These talks remind me of the narration from the movie, "The Gods must be crazy", 24

Last edited by psalm on Thu May 31, 2012 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #442   PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Civilized man refused to adapt himself to his environment……. But he didn't know when to stop. The more he improved his surroundings to make life easier... ...the more complicated he made it. Now his children are sentenced to to years of school, to learn......how to survive in this complex and hazardous habitat.”

Well said Sam. clap2 The modern societies never realized that they are part of the nature they always tried to boss on the nature. How can we expect such a scientific attitude from a society which treats their own people like dirt?

Tribals societies are much more scientific in treating their own people and in interactions with nature.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #443   PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously....what is the point of all this discussion on a technical charting website's forum? Is this just time pass or are you ever going to get to any actionable trading/investing ideas? Until now I think this content seems to be regular chit chat fit to be moved to the chit-chat forum.

Or maybe I am too dumb to understand the hidden trading/investing ideas being discussed here.

psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #444   PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
Seriously....what is the point of all this discussion on a technical charting website's forum? Is this just time pass or are you ever going to get to any actionable trading/investing ideas? Until now I think this content seems to be regular chit chat fit to be moved to the chit-chat forum.

Or maybe I am too dumb to understand the hidden trading/investing ideas being discussed here.

Sorry, ST....I couldn't resist commenting....that's why I have made that post....It was my fault......I apologize for that.....and I apologize to Ajay too.....I'll remove my post....

Again, accept my apologies...

SAM
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #445   PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
SwingTrader wrote:

Sorry, ST....I couldn't resist commenting....that's why I have made that post....It was my fault......I apologize for that.....and I apologize to Ajay too.....I'll remove my post....

Again, accept my apologies...

SAM

Sam,

I was not referring to your post but the general content of this forum topic.

amitkbaid1008
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #446   PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:

जाने दो ना एस टी सर
क्या फर्क पड़ता है अगर एक दो डिस्कशन जनरल भी हो जाए तो
ajayhkaul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #447   PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes we take off on a tangent ....

Reverting back to the topic:

Mark-to-market losses need to be reported. But India's ministry of company affairs has given borrowers a breather on the deadline, allowing them to stagger losses in their accounts over a period up to March 31 2020. This deadline was extended from March 31 2012, and relates to forex-related losses incurred since December 2006.

Stock pickers be wary of companies with such 'financial engineered' debt.
vishvesh2001
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #448   PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ajay ji . Sorry for using this forum for discussions other than investments But I can't help.

Your comment:

"With few exceptions , only students at the bottom of the class take up arts and commerce. I have yet to come across any class topper take up commerce( there are exceptions though) "

is more than enough to prove what kind of society we are in. People would choose what he or she is good at and it depends on the genes they carry at most times. It is a social stigma to adopt commerce or arts and this stigma makes people take up science and collapse buildings and bridges and murder patients in hospitals and they could also be toppers in their classes throughout ( I am not sure whether school/matriculation is a real indicator of brilliance ( Eg Bill gates in Tech, Rajnikanth in Movies ). Probably these so called toppers in classes do not stand in competition with the brilliant guys around the world ( whether it is science, arts or commerce graduates ) and their unsuccessful attempts make them to collapse anything on their way be it finance, buildings or patients.

Let me change your statement to saying that teachers and parents should encourage students to take up what they are good at rather than classifying them under a quadrant of science/brilliance and commerce/not brilliant. This clear reflects in the divisional and egoistic tendencies of our Indian Society

Any further thoughts
ajayhkaul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #449   PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vishvesh2001... well said. I can see you are passionate about education system.

However , we can extend this discussion in another thread, if you like , else this thread will be digressing from the real purpose ie economic situation and investment opportunities/trading possibilities arising therefrom.
amitkbaid1008
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #450   PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vishvesh2001 wrote:
Ajay ji . Sorry for using this forum for discussions other than investments But I can't help.

Your comment:

"With few exceptions , only students at the bottom of the class take up arts and commerce. I have yet to come across any class topper take up commerce( there are exceptions though) "

is more than enough to prove what kind of society we are in. People would choose what he or she is good at and it depends on the genes they carry at most times. It is a social stigma to adopt commerce or arts and this stigma makes people take up science and collapse buildings and bridges and murder patients in hospitals and they could also be toppers in their classes throughout ( I am not sure whether school/matriculation is a real indicator of brilliance ( Eg Bill gates in Tech, Rajnikanth in Movies ). Probably these so called toppers in classes do not stand in competition with the brilliant guys around the world ( whether it is science, arts or commerce graduates ) and their unsuccessful attempts make them to collapse anything on their way be it finance, buildings or patients.

Let me change your statement to saying that teachers and parents should encourage students to take up what they are good at rather than classifying them under a quadrant of science/brilliance and commerce/not brilliant. This clear reflects in the divisional and egoistic tendencies of our Indian Society

Any further thoughts

Well said vishvesh

clap clap clap
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Economy All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31

Jump to: