Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alchemist 5/200 ema method in Stocks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Alchemist 5/200 ema method in Stocks
kd_100*26
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #196   PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: one more stock to watch Reply with quote

If i am not wrong just in the morning there is 5/200 bullish crossover in SPARC...chk it out...Can we apply the strategy for equity stocks in cash? Is it profitable?
kd_100*26
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #197   PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: tatasteel bearish signal...failed Reply with quote

hello,

there was a 5/200 bearish crossover signal today in case of tatasteel and i shorted the stock but then stocks didn't move that much and again came up....since i applied this strategy on equity cash segment..i had to cover my position intra day with some loss..similarly there was 5 /200 bullish signal in sparc which was flat and failed ....this is the 3rd time i am not fruiful while applying this yorker method for stocks...is it only applicable to NF & BNF?

any other method on the basis of which we can buy or sell stocks( cash segment)?
sumesh_sol
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #198   PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: tatasteel bearish signal...failed Reply with quote

kd_100*26 wrote:
hello,

there was a 5/200 bearish crossover signal today in case of tatasteel and i shorted the stock but then stocks didn't move that much and again came up....since i applied this strategy on equity cash segment..i had to cover my position intra day with some loss..similarly there was 5 /200 bullish signal in sparc which was flat and failed ....this is the 3rd time i am not fruiful while applying this yorker method for stocks...is it only applicable to NF & BNF?

any other method on the basis of which we can buy or sell stocks( cash segment)?

As the name of this forum suggests you CAN very well use this method in stocks. Many people have been using this method on stocks successfully.

Regarding Tatasteel, SL has not been hit so far , but u booked loss as your position was intra basis. To use this method consistently , make sure you trade FnO stocks only which you can carry. Of course , it means you must have enough account size(apprx. 2-3 Lacs is fine, the more the better). This I'm saying from my personal experience. You not only have to enter into trade, you need to suitably hedge also by writing options whenever required if u want to stay into trade for longer period of time.

Look closely charts of Tatasteel and Sparc, which one looks more convincing ? I would have avoided tatasteel trade, just see relatively flat 200 ema line which was due to series of whipsaws in recent past. Try to enter into virgin crossover (where crossover have not failed recently).

"Sparc" bullish crossover is good example of virgin crossover. You need to monitor RSI activity also. The moment RSI enter into extremes (80/20) .. be careful. 10:30 candle confirmed, there was RSI divergence. Here, you could have written calls as it is expected to test 34 ema again. Here also, SL is not yet hit. It need to give bearish crossover for initial SL to be hit.

Always book half qty at 1.5% - 2% of move from your entry point.

Again, these are only few LOGICAL steps you can employ to bring odds in your favor and minimize risk. You may be plain unlucky to have entered into wrong stock (using right method). But, if u keep emotions in check and trade method consistently, I'm sure u will be in profit.

PS: Avoid trading on Quarterly Result day and on expiry day . These are times, no technicals work.

Best Luck,
Sumesh
amitagg
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #199   PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summed up extremely well!!!! Shall try not to miss a point
Thanks
kd_100*26
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #200   PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Sumesh,

What a superb clarification to my queries...You have written the things so well that it would definetly be helpful for any new beginners like me...Want to thank you for that timely reply as well...

Will keep in mind these points for future trades...

Whenever possible pls try posting the entry trades along with the exact stoplosses and hedging strategy (sell calls /or buy puts) just as a guideline..
sumesh_sol
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #201   PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: how do u select the stocks fitting in yorker method Reply with quote

kd_100*26 wrote:
Hello,

Is anyone following any screening tool or method for picking up stocks which fit in this strategy?

One query am i right that for intraday we should follow signals on 10 mins tf confirmed by signal on larger tf such as 60 mins

for longer trade such as for 1-2 weeks one should check the signals on 30 mins tf confirmed by signal on eod chart?

As this confusion of 10tf/30tf was unintentionally created by me only , so I thought let me take responsibility to clear it Smile

First and foremost, this strategy was tested and developed to be used on 30tf by Alchemist and he still uses 30tf only. I tried to test this method on lower timeframe which could allow me to

1.)Enter and exit fast
2.)Have relatively small SL
3.) Use it as intraday technique where I could take short position without using FnO

But like any other intra based strategy , you are bound to devote more screen time. Can't afford to leave your position bhagwaan bharose to attend meeting etc. Also, relatively more whipsaws . (but not always)

All I want to share with you guys is that please dont get confused , use whichever timeframe suits you with ALL RULES REMAINING SAME in any given trade.

Manytimes, it may so happen that u r in a position which is running in your direction till market close, you have an option either to book profit or let it continue in normal fashion for subsequent days.

On several occassions , I have had advantage of entering early using 10tf. For an example, see attached charts of LT on 10tf and 30tf . (This is recent so I picked up, although I traded 30tf signals here).Using 10tf I would have entered much earlier and surprisingly without whipsaws Smile . Of course , I would probably have to exit once in between due to 5/34 .. But again could have entered on 5/34 upside signal...

Cheers to all Yorkers Smile

LT-30tf.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  30.41 KB
 Viewed:  645 Time(s)

LT-30tf.png

LT - 10tf.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.25 KB
 Viewed:  610 Time(s)

LT - 10tf.png

pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #202   PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Great! Reply with quote

sumesh_sol wrote:

1 Avoid trading on Quarterly Result Day and on expiry day . These are times, no technicals work.
2 because we are followers of the market and not the other way round. So, just follow simple rules and common sense
Best Luck, Sumesh

Sumesh: this is why it feels great to belong to this fantastic trading community called ICharts: Apart from other strengths, always something new to learn from fellow boarders if we keep our eyes and mind open.
Thanks, Prakash Holla

Last edited by pkholla on Mon May 25, 2015 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
sumesh_sol
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #203   PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: tatasteel bearish signal...failed Reply with quote

sumesh_sol wrote:
kd_100*26 wrote:
hello,

Regarding Tatasteel, SL has not been hit so far , but u booked loss as your position was intra basis. To use this method consistently , make sure you trade FnO stocks only which you can carry.

"Sparc" bullish crossover is good example of virgin crossover. You need to monitor RSI activity also. The moment RSI enter into extremes (80/20) .. be careful. 10:30 candle confirmed, there was RSI divergence. Here, you could have written calls as it is expected to test 34 ema again. Here also, SL is not yet hit.

Best Luck,
Sumesh

Look at both TATASTEEL and SPARC now.... Had u traded in FnO (where u could carry yr positions)AND followed simple rules of Alchemist method , u would have been tired of counting money Smile
sriharikande
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #204   PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,

i am new trader,i am in confusion reg SL in this method. SL should be cross over of 34ema ,or any thing else for positional trading.i booked profit in LT &INFY recently &hold position in BHARATAIRTEL.Did i made a mistake.can any body answer me.
thank you,
smile.dhanno
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #205   PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sriharikande wrote:
hello,

i am new trader,i am in confusion reg SL in this method. SL should be cross over of 34ema ,or any thing else for positional trading.i booked profit in LT &INFY recently &hold position in BHARATAIRTEL.Did i made a mistake.can any body answer me.
thank you,

Yes......for longs sl or better say target is 5/34 bearish crossover and reverse for shots.

Its good to trail the SL once the position comes in your favour.
sriharikande
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #206   PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for early reply,
cesc cross over in 5-200 30 min tf can we short for positional in futures.
smile.dhanno
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #207   PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Adani Ports Reply with quote

Adani Ports watch out for a re-entering opportunity.....wait for 5/34 bullish crossover....stock very good.....huge potential to go upside.

I would wait for CESC to sustain or let it bullish cross over 5/34 to enter.
sriharikande
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #208   PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thankyou,
you mean adani ports 5-34 cross over in daily TF and cese waiting to buy.
sriharikande
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #209   PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can any body reply,
many trades are coming in this system,how to choose a good buy/sell,any other parameters to consider.
smile.dhanno
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #210   PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sriharikande wrote:
can any body reply,
many trades are coming in this system,how to choose a good buy/sell,any other parameters to consider.

Don't get confused by many trades....I see RSI ADX DMI before entering.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: