Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amibroker data feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Amibroker data feed
drsuhask
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Amibroker data feed Reply with quote

Dear Sir,
I use Amibroker licence from last 5 years. There is one reason why I use it. On metetrader platform we get 8 candles for Nifty in hourly TF. First candle is from 9.15 to 9.30, then 10.30, 11.30, 12.30, 13.30, 14.30, 15.30 & last canle is of the settled value after 15.30. Metatrader is worldwide used platform , so my thinking is they might be more correct than us. I have not used it. But I have changed settings in Amibroker so that I get 8 hourly candles in one day. This 8 candles pattern I found useful as markets are volatile during first 15 min & last 15 min.
Some gaints in technical analysis ( e.g. Mr. Deepak Shenoy) use 54 min as TF which divided the day into equal 7 sessions.
For data services I found i-charts data to be more reliable but I am unable to use it in Ami.
My question is when are you going to start data feeds for Ami. I am seeing it as' coming soon' on our website. My request is to start it as early as possible.
Dr.Suhas Kothavale.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suhas: Can you please elaborate what advantages you will get routing IC thru Amibroker as compared to just taking ICharts feed and starting in Chrome/IE/ Maxthon/ Firefox?
I have been using since Nov 2010 and have not noticed any disadvantages, to be frank with you
Also now my new broker gives me NOW feed (free) and I am doing intra/ BTST/ STBT/ posit and cash/ NFO using these 2 sources
Prakash Holla
drsuhask
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to pkholla Reply with quote

Dear Sir,
I am used to 8 candles in a day as described in my query. I-charts give 7 candles. My opinion is that the candle of 9.15 - 9.30 & after 15.30 settlement value should be considered seperately as markets is volatile between 9.15 to 9.30 and settlement price is important for next day's decisions.
Actually I saw this type of pattern in metatrader which is most commonly used TA software world-wide, which changed my thought process into 8 candle pattern.
No doubt icharts' data quality is excellent that I came to know after I started other data with AMI. Before that I was using icharts only. I have attended their work-shop on TA in Pune 5-6 years back which I found very useful.
Now time has come for icharts team to provide data for AMI or provide an option in settings of existing icharts so that I will get 8 candle pattern.
Thanking you for asking this query.
Dr.Suhas Kothavale.
ProTrader
Site Admin

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Suhas:

If you use platinum, you will be able to define custom time frame like 54 mins or 89 or anything you want. Frankly, other than choice or comfort, you don't need any other tools other than iCharts Mr. Green .

Regards,
--PT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: