Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Interesting Claim

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author An Interesting Claim
amitkbaid1008
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: An Interesting Claim Reply with quote

An Interesting Claim by a Stock Research website (Who says they are one of the best and consistent website for stock market intra day tips)
Recently; I visited a so called best and consistent website for Stock Market Research and downloaded there performance for November 2009 series of F&O. Here are some conclusions/discoveries I made:

A Total of 41 calls were given during the Series (Total 19 trading days). Total value of trade was in excess of Rs. 3 Crore. They claimed that their profits for the series were 64000+ with trading one lot for each call (Irrespective of value of lot which varies from Rs. 2 Lac to 18 Lac with average of around Rs. 7.5 Lac)

Calls were given via SMS and SL, Targets were given with CMP

Out of total 41 calls given only 9 yes just 9 (22%) calls hits target 1

Not a single call achieved target 2

As per their claim they exited in 14 calls (34%) with loss

Interestingly only 2 calls hits stop loss

Some of my observation

Impact cost not considered. Seeing the nature of calls and way they exited; it is necessary to consider impact cost; because SMS will take some time to reach even 5-10 seconds are enough some time to move price in the direction of trade. This becomes necessary as calls are not exited at SL or Target for which you can place orders in advance. When I considered Impact Cost profits said to be 64000+ becomes loss of 2000+ (excluding brokerage and other charges, as applicable)

Also it seems that they are not very much confident about their calls they booked at any where randomly whether in profit or loss without waiting for target/stops to hit.

Further time was not available with calls so that one may be able to check their claims regarding CMP, Target achieved or Stop Loss Hit etc.

Comments are welcome
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Resources All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: