Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BACKTESTING RESULTS OF MY TREND MKT STRATEGY...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author BACKTESTING RESULTS OF MY TREND MKT STRATEGY...
SID2060
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: BACKTESTING RESULTS OF MY TREND MKT STRATEGY... Reply with quote

Hey buddies,

Here is the back testing result of my trending mkt strategy which i was developing since two years.... I am attaching some scrips for ur reference.... Its for short term to medium term investment horizon strategy..It gives on an average 5 to 6 buy/sell signals in 2 years....

Ur Feedback and backtesting request for ur favorite scrips is always welcome.....

The strategy is not available right nw because its in testing process and then it will be fine tuned as per the results... very soon will put some light on my strategy, so keep checking my post on a regular basis...

Regards,

S I D angel Laughing
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't post such meaningless stats unless accompanied by the strategy itself.

EVERYBODY :
Ignore such stats posted, they are totally misleading.

One more such post and your thread will be closed permanently. If you want to post such stats, make sure you post the strategy. You don't want to post the strategy, just don't post anything.

pattiboy02
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear ST sir

This is very bad for SID.

previously, PT sir rush him out of strategy section.

now you 2guns him Arrow

24 24 24 24

PT/ST ur angel groupwave1

pattiboy
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pattiboy02,

No...I think what I said is good for both SID and everyone else Very Happy

sunrays
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST sir u shud have said

WAKE UP SID 24
SID2060
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

today i will backtest gold, silver, hcltech, tcs, vijaya bank. Due to restrictions by st sir, i would not be able to post them here...

Yesterday i backtested deltacorp, vipinds, jp associates and lichsgfin but due to restrictions can't upload them... Coz ST demanded strategy along with statistics in "trading journal section" which is totally weird... I shifted to this section coz the strategy will take time.. I dun wana post series of beta versions but the final version only. If patience is not there than ignore ma posts...

S I D

Last edited by SID2060 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:27 am; edited 2 times in total
opportunist
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SID2060 wrote:
today i will backtest gold, silver, hcltech, tcs, vijaya bank. Due to restrictions by st sir, i would not be able to post them here...

Yesterday i backtested deltacorp, vipinds, jp associates and lichsgfin but due to restrictions can't upload them... Coz ST demanded strategy along with statistics in trading journal section which is totally weird...

S I D

Sid,

I think you have some genuine lack of common sense. Even after so much feedback from fellow Ichartians and site administrators you seem not to understand.

If you have a method to make money in the market consistently it is good for you. It may also please you if you publish your gains in a blog (hope Income Tax officers read them too) and gain fame and a fan following. However, please note that reading your posts is a total waste of time. Everybody here I think is less interested in applauding your profits than learning how you did it. So every time readers see your thread on the top in the home page with the alluring promise of a great method about to be revealed and visit it, they feel cheated.

Though we have at times a good time laughing and joking with each other, at the end of the day Ichart is a place for serious traders only. If you visit Shout box and participate in the discussions you can find how focused and professional people are. In fact we exchange far more valuable ideas in a matter of hours which you are promising for last one week and unable to explain.

You have called others "weird" since they asked for the method you use in trading. By publishing yourself everyday on the forum your tall claims backed by no logic I think it is you who look weird. If ST demanded a basic explanation to the claims I think it is because he wants to maintain the sanity and seriousness of the site as a public space for discussion on techniques of trading and investing in the share market.

I strongly suggest that either you explain your method, if you have any in the first place, or stop posting your claims totally. At least stop calling names like "weird" to your readers. You should appreciate that the site administrators have shown a lot of patience and leniency with you.

Regards,

Opportunist
amitkbaid1008
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

opportunist wrote:
SID2060 wrote:

Yesterday i backtested deltacorp, vipinds, jp associates and lichsgfin but due to restrictions can't upload them... Coz ST demanded strategy along with statistics in trading journal section which is totally weird...

S I D

Sid,

I think you have some genuine lack of common sense. Even after so much feedback from fellow Ichartians and site administrators you seem not to understand.

If you have a method to make money in the market consistently it is good for you. It may also please you if you publish your gains in a blog (hope Income Tax officers read them too) and gain fame and a fan following. However, please note that reading your posts is a total waste of time. Everybody here I think is less interested in applauding your profits than learning how you did it. So every time readers see your thread on the top in the home page with the alluring promise of a great method about to be revealed and visit it, they feel cheated.

Though we have at times a good time laughing and joking with each other, at the end of the day Ichart is a place for serious traders only. If you visit Shout box and participate in the discussions you can find how focused and professional people are. In fact we exchange far more valuable ideas in a matter of hours which you are promising for last one week and unable to explain.

You have called others "weird" since they asked for the method you use in trading. By publishing yourself everyday on the forum your tall claims backed by no logic I think it is you who look weird. If ST demanded a basic explanation to the claims I think it is because he wants to maintain the sanity and seriousness of the site as a public space for discussion on techniques of trading and investing in the share market.

I strongly suggest that either you explain your method, if you have any in the first place, or stop posting your claims totally. At least stop calling names like "weird" to your readers. You should appreciate that the site administrators have shown a lot of patience and leniency with you.

Regards,

Opportunist

Opp why wasting your time.
SID2060
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Gold is Gold.............. Reply with quote

Gold rocks!!!!!!!! 10 year ago gold was at its life time low. Today its at life time high. Wat happened all of a sudden which result in such huge rise!

The price of gold was 256 dollar per 30 gram before 10 years. That means it was around 4000 rs per 10 gram at that time. A ROI of 450 percent in 10 years....

Regards,
S I D

Last edited by SID2060 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
amitkbaid1008
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Gold is Gold.............. Reply with quote

SID2060 wrote:
Gold rocks!!!!!!!!

हम नहीं सुधरेंगे
SID2060
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Gold is Gold.............. Reply with quote

amitkbaid1008 wrote:
SID2060 wrote:
Gold rocks!!!!!!!!

हम नहीं सुधरेंगे

Koi shaq?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: