Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brokerage Charges - Zerodha, IIFL, KTK, ICICI and More..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Brokerage Charges - Zerodha, IIFL, KTK, ICICI and More..
shankaar10
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Brokerage Charges - Zerodha, IIFL, KTK, ICICI and More.. Reply with quote

Request users to provide this small informaton so we can compile and see the best brokerage firm in terms of charges..for future, options and shares..

thanks,
Allwell
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Jini, Rs. 20/- per trade
Niftyman
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SASOnline - 9 per trade and 999 per month unlimited fno (nse)
TLS2010
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shankar,
Good initiative !!!
Maybe a excelsheet will help in analysis, making it easier to compare.

Having said that, let me also point the fact that its not only the brokerage that we must be concern but also see how frequently we trade and what type of a trader are you.

Everything boils down to number of trades we take and the qty/lots we trade.
So the broad classification that we should look at is :
Monthly charges (unlimited trading) v/s per trade charges v/s per lot charges
SUNILARORA
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tradejini and Zerodha charge Rs. 20 per executed order

and Hdfc sec, Religare, sharekhan , Edelweiss, Indiainfoline and most of the companies charge different brkg charges from different clients

it depends upon clients bargaining power and Volume

mostly their charges are from 0.01 % - 0.05% for intraday
and 0.1% - 0.5% for delivery
For options Rs 10 per lot to Rs 100 per lot
anusantosh
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject: Options Reply with quote

I trade with Sharekhan. I trade only index options. They charge Rs.4 per lot but their platform Tradetiger is good and customer care is B-. Trading naked nifty with them is horrible!
umesh1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends,
All brokerage houses have various packages for various traders style,depends on volume and capital one can bargain brokerage and exposures,
Discount brokerages attract many clients proclaiming unlimited trade for X or XRs per order,but do check&verify on nse the other charges of such broking cos as they certainly make up good by twisting on other charges and also expect one to keep handsome amount to get exposure,at the end of day its not much difference in either of them,so look for good consistancy connectivity/services and safety of your capital.
So far i havent met a trader who has made profits by saving on brokerage,its the strategies that pay off whether you are with discount broker or a full fledged broker providing all products,
Cheers
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umesh1 wrote:
Friends, So far i havent met a trader who has made profits by saving on brokerage, its the strategies that pay off whether you are with discount broker or a full fledged broker providing all products, Cheers

Umesh: Long time no hear. Always good to read your posts as they are informative and educational. Cheers, Prakash Holla
vaishuu82
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pkholla"]
umesh1 wrote:
Friends, So far i havent met a trader who has made profits by saving on brokerage, its the strategies that pay off whether you are with discount broker or a full fledged broker providing all products, Cheers

Excellent and valid point.
shankaar10
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input ...this helps new traders to take a call on that... i agree that brokergae is not deciding factor and should not be ...in making profits and that should be least bothered area once u r up and running with strong proven strategy...

if u r trading to generate regular income of monthly 5 to 10% return with very low risk then brokerage is deciding factor...

I am dealing with single broker for past 10 years they are not cheap but that is my comfort level with them..

anyway please do share this may help many people...

thanks,
sarala
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angel charges Rs. 0.65 and Rs. 1.65 per NIFTY and BANKNIFTY quantity. And they provide exposure 8-10 times for intraday.
AmitSwl_FnO
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Type of brokerage plan or company shall vary from trader to trader.For example a trader investing in cash segment based on fundamentals having 2-5 trades a months may look for a broker who provides a lot of reports etc, in this case discount brokerage may not help, a day trader placing 3-10 trades a day may opt for discount brokerage like tradejini,sas,achivers etc based on his turnover.If cost is the only criteria,,,look for a common total of

a) Trans. Fees
b) Stamp Duty
c) Brokerage
in conjunction with frequency of trading and turnover and any other charges.Also subtract discounts like tradejini cashbacks icharts fees.Also take feedback of services like trade on phone etc , for example Zerodha is struggling here as on date.

Of course choosing a brokerage house does not make profits but is surely adds to profits in the long run...so i differ with Umesh on this...each professional trader in my opinion should make a good research of brokerages, and choose a broker which is suitable to him/her.

tx
amit
umesh1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends,
Its a myth you save with discount brokerages,if you are a trader with good volumes negotiate with a reputed broker and you can get better than the discount brokerage houses ,i have seen their calcis showing big savings,it only saving big if you do 100 lots a order,but if its executed in 10 bits of trades remember you pay for the trades executed not your single order.The other charges is a catche as no one with lower volumes verifies it , i have switched from a discount broker to a branded,saving on brokerage and getting more leverage eventually saving on funds being locked with discount brokings.
if one trades in range of 10/20 lots a day for him discount broker is advisable
Trade where you are making money
Cheers

Last edited by umesh1 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what Umesh writes. In addition there are fixed charges like STT, Stamp Duty, SBT, NSE cess, etc etc +variable like ST =14% of Brokerage, so we dont save much anywhere, unless the broker works for free
Ultimately what I keep in mind is that a PROFITABLE TRADE means that someone else is paying for all the above. And I am doing just that this year (with 195 profitable trades + THREE minor losses)!
+ My fone based broker has become a friend + sounding board who readily gives a second opinion on the phone before placing my order
Which internet based discount broker does that? Prakash Holla
Oh I forgot: I pay
Intra cash scrip= 0.05% one way
Delivery cash scrip = 0.35%
NFO: dont trade
Single scrip fut = 0.35% one way
Single scrip option = Rs 50 per lot one way

Last edited by pkholla on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaishuu82
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No major difference between discount brokerage and the others;somehow they will charge as there nothing is free in this world;it depends upon the trader as he can customize to his needs;
Overall needed capacity is decision making on entries and exit and taking the sole responsibility of losses without any emotional feelings
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Brokers All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: