Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

But daddy, it's going down !
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Psychology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author But daddy, it's going down !
Speculator
Expert
Expert

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: But daddy, it's going down ! Reply with quote

So much analysis is done on markets when all it does is go up or go down Razz

Read this and enjoy. If you are smart, you will understand not just the humour, but the profound meaning conveyed by the story. This is from Welles Wilder's (inventor of RSI) book.

ENJOY !!

Once upon a time there was an enchanted land called Marketland where a fascinating game called The Market was played most days. And the thing about this game was that it would go up or down every day and the players would make bets about the outcome. A simple game. But there were complications, which had to do with the fact that all the players in Marketland had opinions about which way the market would go.

And not only opinions. The players had systems, methods, evidence and analysis to back up their opinions. They had Dactyl numbers and Pdontiff waves, Xandon lines and Zigdar harmonics. They had the legacies of the old masters, Oerbot and Caljen. They had inventories and earnings, money-flow studies, astrology charts and the benefits of 4th-order spectrum analysis, all of which was ex-tremely fascinating. Yes indeed, the players had many marvelous things.

The problem, though, was that sometimes the methods called for the market to go one way and it would go the other way. This never failed to astonish everyone concerned, and there were many long discussions about how or why the market could be so perverse. However, it was usually agreed that this had just been a temporary aberration by the market and that the methods and analyses were as good as ever.

But one afternoon something happened to one of the players, a man named Mr. Beright. And he was never the same again. Mr. Beright had made a detailed study of Azerhof numbers, becoming one of Marketland's recognized experts on the subject. And the Azerhof numbers were now quite plainly stating that the market needed to go up, so Mr. Beright had taken a solid long position.

Unfortunately, quite soon after Mr. Beright had gone massive-ly long, the market started down. This did not worry Mr. Beright ex-cessively, since he realized the market had to go up. Yet the market (strange creature that it is) wouldn't pay any attention. It kept going down. And down. And down. And Mr. Beright (understandably, since we've all lived through these moments) got quite anxious and depressed. But he knew it would all get better very soon, just as soon as the market turned around and went the way it was supposed to go. Now all good fairy tales have children in them and this one is no exception.

Mr. Beright, it turns out, had a beautiful five year-old daughter named Herenow, and just as he was contemplating his sad fate, Herenow walked into the room. Sensing that something was wrong, she asked what it was.

"Oh nothing, darling, You wouldn't understand. It's just that the market is supposed to go up and it hasn't yet."

"Is this the market, daddy? This line on the screen here?"

"Yes."

Little Herenow went over and peered intently at the jagged line on the screen. And then she said:

"Well, daddy, I don't know anything about the market. But it certainly seems to be going down."

"Well dear, that's why you don't understand. You see, the Azerhof numbers say that absolutely, positively the market has to go up here."

"I know, daddy, but right now it seems to be going down."

"Not only that Herenow, but the Melinxar frequencies state unequivocably that the market has got to go up here."

"You don't understand, darling. When the Azerhof numbers and the Melinxar frequencies agree, the market has got to go in that direction."

Little Herenow looked puzzled. She went over and peered at the screen once more.

"I don't understand all those things you're talking about, daddy, and I don't understand the market, but right now it seems to be going down. Doesn't it?"

Mr. Beright paused and looked carefully at his five year-old daughter. "Would you say that again, Herenow?"

"Just that right now, daddy, the market seems to be going down. That's all. Did I say something wrong?"

"No, dear no . . . not at all."

And at that precise moment something snapped in Mr. Beright. All those years of studying Azerhof numbers and Melinxar frequencies and everything else swam in front of his eyes. Then he looked at his little daughter again, picked up the phone and sold out his long position. And what's more, he went very, very short.

Now Mr. Beright is a changed man. Because all that time that he used to spend studying Azerhof numbers and so on he now spends playing golf and enjoying his family. And his friends think he has become very strange, because he has no interest in all those fascinating systems and methods and statistics about the market anymore. But Mr. Beright doesn't care. Because he's making money. Lots and lots of it."

- Speculator
biznet
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A perfect article. Thanks for posting

biznet
neemtree
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good article.

So, Mr. Beright probably crossed stage 5 after talking to his daughter and had become real Beright. Smile

Sri
taruj
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buddy999 wrote:
Good article.

So, Mr. Beright probably crossed stage 5 after talking to his daughter and had become real Beright. Smile

Sri

stage 5? there are stages?
yashrahul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very inspirational story,market has its own way,just like it is doing now when everything is against it "UP AND AWAY IT KEEPS ON GOING"
arvindeept
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yashrahul wrote:
Very inspirational story,market has its own way,just like it is doing now when everything is against it "UP AND AWAY IT KEEPS ON GOING"

Truly truly loved it Sir......thnx a ton.
ProTrader
Site Admin

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a chat with my daughter just now. She thinks I have already gone crazy as I keep smiling and laughing on my own (reading SB) and that I will get soda glasses one day if I keep staring the charts 24
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends: That's all Al Brooks is trying to tell you. I have Welles' book and I have Brooks' book and I think this post of yours, Speculator, is great!

Cheers, Prakash Holla

Keep It Simple, Silly!
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProTrader wrote:
I had a chat with my daughter just now. She thinks I have already gone crazy as I keep smiling and laughing on my own (reading SB) and that I will get soda glasses one day if I keep staring the charts 24

I like this article better, short and sweet. 24
druzva
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24 24 24 .... this mean it is not gun which makes the difference, it is man behind the gun... excellent
smartcancerian
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice message in story referred by spec sir....Market will do what it has to do in the most obvious way...be on the right side..with simple techniques ...& most important enjoy life..Thanx spec sir..
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smartcancerian wrote:
Nice message in story referred by spec sir....Market will do what it has to do in the most obvious way...be on the right side..with simple techniques ...& most important enjoy life..Thanx spec sir..

The article was highlighting that we get stuck in our hopes and hold onto our lossful trade despite seeing it working against the technical expectation. Trading based technicals but decision to hold on emotions almost blindly.
Rebel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: great one Reply with quote

Nice one sir.thank. you[/quote]
Exness Official
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To succeed as a trader, one needs complete commitment… Those seeking shortcuts are doomed to failure. And even if you do everything right, you should still expect to lose money during the first five years… These are cold, hard facts that many would-be traders prefer not to hear or believe, but ignoring them doesn’t change the reality.
Arul Zen
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #15   PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: But daddy, it's going down ! Reply with quote

Speculator wrote:
So much analysis is done on markets when all it does is go up or go down Razz

Read this and enjoy. If you are smart, you will understand not just the humour, but the profound meaning conveyed by the story. This is from Welles Wilder's (inventor of RSI) book.

ENJOY !!

Once upon a time there was an enchanted land called Marketland where a fascinating game called The Market was played most days. And the thing about this game was that it would go up or down every day and the players would make bets about the outcome. A simple game. But there were complications, which had to do with the fact that all the players in Marketland had opinions about which way the market would go.

And not only opinions. The players had systems, methods, evidence and analysis to back up their opinions. They had Dactyl numbers and Pdontiff waves, Xandon lines and Zigdar harmonics. They had the legacies of the old masters, Oerbot and Caljen. They had inventories and earnings, money-flow studies, astrology charts and the benefits of 4th-order spectrum analysis, all of which was ex-tremely fascinating. Yes indeed, the players had many marvelous things.

The problem, though, was that sometimes the methods called for the market to go one way and it would go the other way. This never failed to astonish everyone concerned, and there were many long discussions about how or why the market could be so perverse. However, it was usually agreed that this had just been a temporary aberration by the market and that the methods and analyses were as good as ever.

But one afternoon something happened to one of the players, a man named Mr. Beright. And he was never the same again. Mr. Beright had made a detailed study of Azerhof numbers, becoming one of Marketland's recognized experts on the subject. And the Azerhof numbers were now quite plainly stating that the market needed to go up, so Mr. Beright had taken a solid long position.

Unfortunately, quite soon after Mr. Beright had gone massive-ly long, the market started down. This did not worry Mr. Beright ex-cessively, since he realized the market had to go up. Yet the market (strange creature that it is) wouldn't pay any attention. It kept going down. And down. And down. And Mr. Beright (understandably, since we've all lived through these moments) got quite anxious and depressed. But he knew it would all get better very soon, just as soon as the market turned around and went the way it was supposed to go. Now all good fairy tales have children in them and this one is no exception.

Mr. Beright, it turns out, had a beautiful five year-old daughter named Herenow, and just as he was contemplating his sad fate, Herenow walked into the room. Sensing that something was wrong, she asked what it was.

"Oh nothing, darling, You wouldn't understand. It's just that the market is supposed to go up and it hasn't yet."

"Is this the market, daddy? This line on the screen here?"

"Yes."

Little Herenow went over and peered intently at the jagged line on the screen. And then she said:

"Well, daddy, I don't know anything about the market. But it certainly seems to be going down."

"Well dear, that's why you don't understand. You see, the Azerhof numbers say that absolutely, positively the market has to go up here."

"Not only that Herenow, but the Melinxar frequencies state unequivocably that the market has got to go up here."

"You don't understand, darling. When the Azerhof numbers and the Melinxar frequencies agree, the market has got to go in that direction."

Little Herenow looked puzzled. She went over and peered at the screen once more.

"I don't understand all those things you're talking about, daddy, and I don't understand the market, but right now it seems to be going down. Doesn't it?"

Mr. Beright paused and looked carefully at his five year-old daughter. "Would you say that again, Herenow?"

"Just that right now, daddy, the market seems to be going down. That's all. Did I say something wrong?"

"No, dear no . . . not at all."

And at that precise moment something snapped in Mr. Beright. All those years of studying Azerhof numbers and Melinxar frequencies and everything else swam in front of his eyes. Then he looked at his little daughter again, picked up the phone and sold out his long position. And what's more, he went very, very short.

Now Mr. Beright is a changed man. Because all that time that he used to spend studying Azerhof numbers and so on he now spends playing golf and enjoying his family. And his friends think he has become very strange, because he has no interest in all those fascinating systems and methods and statistics about the market anymore. But Mr. Beright doesn't care. Because he's making money. Lots and lots of it."

- Speculator
groupwave groupwave thumbup
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Psychology All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: