Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Candlestick Patterns...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think this thread would add value?
Yes
93%
 93%  [ 86 ]
No
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 92

Author Candlestick Patterns...
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #181   PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherbaaz wrote:
rk_a2003 wrote:
It's 'Topping Tails Pattern'.not a text book one.

where have u found the pattern or read abt it ????

regds,

Sherbaaz,

I said it ...it's not a textbook one....Consequitive topping tails indicates bulls attempt to take it to higher level and failure, in case bulls give up bright chances are there for it to come down or otherwise Bulls strengthen and absorb all the buyers at this level it may jump up.

Candle sticks patterns are all about psychology and commonsense... it's a well known fact.
sherbaaz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #182   PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk_a2003 wrote:
sherbaaz wrote:
rk_a2003 wrote:

regds,

Sherbaaz,

I said it ...it's not a textbook one....Consequitive topping tails indicates bulls attempt to take it to higher level and failure, in case bulls give up bright chances are there for it to come down or otherwise Bulls strengthen and absorb all the buyers at this level it may jump up.

Candle sticks patterns are all about psychology and commonsense... it's a well known fact.

so u have invented it on yr own as its not a text book thing ?

As far as I know there is no such pattern even Steve Nison also know (I am not talking abt his books).

regds,
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #183   PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherbaaz: i just googled and yes there is topping tail pattern.
May be Nison didnt write about it in his book (I have both books) but may have been invented later in Japan or elsewhere! ICharts will not allow me to mention any website but u can see for yourself. Prakash Holla
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #184   PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RK is right. Prakash, good to see you do your homework first. Laughing
sherbaaz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #185   PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
sherbaaz: i just googled and yes there is topping tail pattern.
May be Nison didnt write about it in his book (I have both books) but may have been invented later in Japan or elsewhere! ICharts will not allow me to mention any website but u can see for yourself. Prakash Holla

Prakash,

Get any video course of Nison if possible and u will be shocked to see how loosely ppl are using candlesticks patterns. half of the patterns which are there in the books he says is of not much use.

i will not google anything other than Nison work as rest of the work is copy cat from his work with hell lot of modification and glorification. Which will seriously put the trade in loss most of the time.

For candlesticks Nison is the last word for me. Nothing is there in Japan in candlesticks which he does not know but other knows.

regds,
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #186   PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, Prakash, it could not have been invented in Japan because as per Japanese candlesticks, inverted hammer is a bottom reversal pattern and topping tails can look like inverted hammers. But still RK is right and it is widely used. Why, even one topping tail is used as top reversal and RK has shown more than one.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #187   PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherbaaz: Your viewpoint was seriously given and will be taken very seriously indeed. Yes, u r right, the googling led me to some vague website. I will go thru my 2 Nison books again and refresh my candlestick knowledge and as suggested by you, follow only what he has brought out of Japan after years of patience and diligent study. Regards and thanks, Prakash Holla
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #188   PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherbaaz wrote:
rk_a2003 wrote:
sherbaaz wrote:
rk_a2003 wrote:

regds,

Sherbaaz,

As far as I know there is no such pattern even Steve Nison also know (I am not talking abt his books).

regds,

I have gone through the whole two videos of Nison on Candle sticks.Not once, thrice.

What I try to do is in the real spirit of Nison. You got every right to disapprove it Sherbaaz.Who am I to invent anything.That could be a big word.? Pattern is there and I only did interpret it.

That's all. The rest, time has to tell.
prst
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #189   PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk_a2003 wrote:
Just posting the Pattern....Rest you decide….Alternatively in case of break out up side …..Long positions can be considered.

bro,
nice thread.
should we use some indicators like rsi along with candlesticks?
or some EMAs like 50 EMA to indicate support?
vishyvaranasi
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #190   PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Hi RK, Reply with quote

Hi Rk,

Nice thread to start. Somehow see this as a supportive one to our Fusion thread which helps us take a trade if at all our fusion doesnt evolve completely.

Vishy
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #191   PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi RK, Reply with quote

vishyvaranasi wrote:
Hi Rk,

Nice thread to start. Somehow see this as a supportive one to our Fusion thread which helps us take a trade if at all our fusion doesnt evolve completely.

Vishy

Hi vishy,

This thread was started by Ravi_S.

Yes, Candle stick patterns are useful when viewed in specific context. 'CONTEXT' is the key word. You minus the context from candle stick pattern. You are as good as blind.

Hi Prst,

Candle sticks are usefull and could be effective on their own.Mixing it with some other indicators is our choice.

RSI div mixed with Doji formation could be a lethal reversal indicator.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #192   PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RK - nifty daily with mini-topping tails and -ve div. Note that today's candle has actually broken the jinx of four consequative inside bars to last Friday's Mother bar. So future uncertain but I feel a small fall is imminent. Note that weekly chart shows a star and may turn out to be an evening star depending upon Monday's open (gap up/down) and next week's candle.

Nifty Daily-28Sept'12.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.59 KB
 Viewed:  567 Time(s)

Nifty Daily-28Sept'12.png

rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #193   PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
RK - nifty daily with mini-topping tails and -ve div. Note that today's candle has actually broken the jinx of four consequative inside bars to last Friday's Mother bar. So future uncertain but I feel a small fall is imminent. Note that weekly chart shows a star and may turn out to be an evening star depending upon Monday's open (gap up/down) and next week's candle.

Yes Vinay.Now Nifty is precariously poised with a leaning towards upside.Now a day's nifty is decisively diverging from Global markets.

Still, I wonder when are we going to see the imminent technical correction as you said.
prst
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #194   PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk_a2003 wrote:
sherbaaz wrote:
rk_a2003 wrote:
sherbaaz wrote:
rk_a2003 wrote:

regds,

Sherbaaz,

regds,

I have gone through the whole two videos of Nison on Candle sticks.Not once, thrice.

What I try to do is in the real spirit of Nison. You got every right to disapprove it Sherbaaz.Who am I to invent anything.That could be a big word.? Pattern is there and I only did interpret it.

That's all. The rest, time has to tell.

when i googled on the net, another person, "stephan bigalow" has some website (candlestick forum) . not sure about his authenticity though .
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #195   PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prst, not just one but plenty of info on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: