Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Candlestick Patterns...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think this thread would add value?
Yes
93%
 93%  [ 86 ]
No
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 92

Author Candlestick Patterns...
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #196   PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All ,

Posting the follow up chart of DLF, in continuation to the ‘Topping Tails’ chart posted on 26th September. The basic interpretation that it’s a bearish pattern is vindicated as of now.

One or a couple of examples may not be sufficient to prove it’s worthiness but still it proves that we are not completely away from the dynamics of this pattern.

The last two significant bearish candles were formed when Nifty closed green on both the occasions. This fact further strengthens the validity of the interpretation. I again say Candle stick patterns are all about psychology, commonsense and a little logical thinking.

Everything need not be text booked and we need not think that what was written is complete and final. The day we started thinking so ….. That’s the end of the development.

Vinay,Prakash and prst thanks for the support given in this regard.

DLF_EOD_1stOct12.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  62.54 KB
 Viewed:  575 Time(s)

DLF_EOD_1stOct12.png

vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #197   PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NASA scientists carried out a lot of research on Bumblebee for years including tests in wind tunnel and concluded that the bumblebee can not fly because the ratio of its wing area to its weight is too low.

But the bumblebee doesn't know it and so it continues to fly! Laughing
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #198   PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
NASA scientists carried out a lot of research on Bumblebee for years including tests in wind tunnel and concluded that the bumblebee can not fly because the ratio of its wing area to its weight is too low.

24 24 24
amitkbaid1008
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #199   PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:

Vinay28 don't compare these analysts with NASA at least. Market ko chahe jisase compare kar lo

saumya12
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #200   PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi RK
The so called "topping tails" candlesticks are not candlestick patterns, but pin bars. Pin bars are a very useful tool in forex trading and so also in index/stock trading.
If you want to know more on the subject just go through
priceaction(dot)proboards(dot)com. In this forum you will get a lot of material. Or search traderdude in TJ.
You can study pinbars from the lessons in learntotradethemarket(dot)com and search for pinbars.
Hope the material will be useful to you
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #201   PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saumya12 wrote:
Hi RK
The so called "topping tails" candlesticks are not candlestick patterns, but pin bars. Pin bars are a very useful tool in forex trading and so also in index/stock trading.
If you want to know more on the subject just go through
priceaction(dot)proboards(dot)com. In this forum you will get a lot of material. Or search traderdude in TJ.
You can study pinbars from the lessons in learntotradethemarket(dot)com and search for pinbars.
Hope the material will be useful to you

Hi Saumya,

I have gone through the Pin bar Forex trading Strategy video. Interesting and simple intraday strategy, the person presenting it is calling it a Pin bar/Candlestick pin bar and referring to only one bar and using it as a reversal indicator. What I am referring to is a cluster of pin bars.

But the reading/interpretation is more or less similar. What’s there? We may call it as pin bar candle stick or Topping Tail. I see a good amount of difference between pin bar formation and topping tails pattern that I am referring to.

Yes all these inferences come out of price action and from human psychology and behavioral patterns. Therefore, will have a common thread.

Whatever, I have observed them earlier, now and most likely going to see in future also and may trade them and may call them in a comfortable way as I came to these conclusions through independent observation and analysis not from reading a book or watching a video.

But my persuasions are very much inspired and influenced from Steve Nison Candle stick Patterns.

Thanks for the information.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #202   PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RK, call them topping tails or pony tails, who cares? Smile
vishyvaranasi
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #203   PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said vinay..end of the day Tail is a Tail.

Vishy

vinay28 wrote:
RK, call them topping tails or pony tails, who cares? Smile
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #204   PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RK, Vinay and other friends: As long as you can pin the tail of the donkey and broker credits profit to your account we can remember Shakespeare: A rose by any name smells as sweet
Let us move on and allow RK to peacefully identify more winners and post them for our benefit, whether authorised by Nison and Homma or not
Jai Hind, Prakash Holla
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #205   PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prakash, I am neither disturbing RK's peace nor do I intend to do so. If you see my earlier posts you will notice that I have only supported him.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #206   PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aray Vinay, why so sensitive? I did NOT poke fun at you or anyone. I am only saying, let us not take everything so seriously (nitpicking) that we lose sight of the wood for the trees (or is it the other way around?)
I only meant let it be candle stick, let it be joss stick,let it be walking stick, kya farak padtha hai?
Even Nison cautions us that interpretation of the candle stick pattern is highly subjective to the user.
As long as RK has identified a nice pattern forecasting bearishness and has shared it with us, I am happy for him (and for us). RK, please continue to do so.
No offense meant to anyone and none taken I hope. Prakash Holla
saumya12
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #207   PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:

As long as RK has identified a nice pattern forecasting bearishness and has shared it with us, I am happy for him (and for us). RK, please continue to do so.

Hi Prakash
The pinbars are used to forecast both bullishness and bearishness and not for bearishness only. This is a very useful tool to judge the change in trend, provided one finds the actual one, as many fakey pinbars are also formed in the chart. The results are fantastic and more striking while at top or bottom of a trend, in charts.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #208   PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saumya: Many thanks. If I have understood u correctly, the pinbars are a trend change warning and we can look for further clues to determine whether they foresee trend down or trend up. Fantastic. I will research further as this can only lead to better knowledge & a healthier bottom line. Prakash Holla
saumya12
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #209   PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Prakash
I have posted some links in my previous post. Just go through those links. TJ has some good threads on pinbars and price action. Pinbars are not a sureshot 100% formula but if you combine it with other indicators, it gives very good confirmation OR if pinbars are indicating a trend reversal then get it confirmed using other indicators.
Thanks

Just let me know whether posting of links to other websites or forums are allowed here or not.
sonila
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #210   PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saumya, plz check and revert back.....i think, today, in NF in 5- min tf, a bullish pin bar reversal formed around 1.25 pm and nf reversed back from 5744 to 5770. I m not sure....plz check. Thnx.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: