Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clarification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Clarification
chachi
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Clarification Reply with quote

Hello Admin,

You people are doing great here. This is one of my favorite site to visit for stock charts. The day I came to know about this site from VV of traderji.com, I am visiting daily and enhancing my trading knowledge.

I have developed a utility for chart viewing in excel sheets. Same has been posted at traderji.com. [http://www.traderji.com/software/7890-stock-charts-yahoo-site-excel-2.html#post58697]. The utility just uses the charts portion only from various websites like yahoo, NSE and BSE.

I would like to seek your permission, to incorporate a feature to get the charts (only chart postion) from this site - www.icharts.in. Will you please permit me to use it?

If I can use it, I have a suggestion. Please use a text to indicate the source right above or below the chart, as "chart portion" only will be displayed in the utility. This will be helpful for me to declare the source of the chart and to direct the users to this site for more info.

hope to receive a positive reply..

I am sorry that I have posted in the wrong category. Admin may please move this thread to right category. Sorry for the inconvinience.

Thanks and Regards
Chachi
admin
Site Admin

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have no problem if you include our charts in your excel spreadsheet tool. I am still not clear what exactly you require from me? Do you want the URL to extract charts from our website? You can get the URL (and the various parameters) if you right click on the chart and select "Properties". We would appreciate if you can place a link to our website somewhere near the chart.

Let me know if you require more info.

NOTE: You will only be able to get the "public" charts. New charts cannot be accessed directly by a URL because they depend on a valid session. In the future when we replace public charts with a scaled down version of "Charts Beta", we will still keep public charts in the background so your tool (and few other websites) can access the charts by URL.

Admin
chachi
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Thank you Admin Reply with quote

Thanks for the permission to use your charts Smile . I just wanted your permission to use the chart from your website and nothing else. Anyhow thanks for your elaborate reply. I am very much pleased.

With regard to my suggestion, I would like to clarify further. I just went through the charts from iCharts.in website, and noticed that a text "(c) iCharts.in" is already available but is very dull to get any notice. You may make it bold to get some due attention. Also I would suggest you to include the complete address like "http://www.iCharts.in" somewhere in the chart portion to get the user to this wonderful site. You may have a look at yahoo charts at (http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/1y/_/_bsesn) to get a feel of it.

One more suggestion. I have noticed that the timeperiod in the charts appears at the bottom most place even when we are viewing the charts with 3-4 indicators. This Timeperiod can be used just below the main chart portion above the indicator charts, so that user can have better view of the chart with respect to timeperiod. Please have a look at yahoo charts (http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=%5EBSESN&t=1y&q=l&l=on&z=m&p=&a=m26-12-9,ss) to understand what I meant. Hope you get my points here. If not I can post the images indicating my suggestions.

As you have suggested I will be adding the due credit to this site in my excel utility for allowing me to use your website.

Thanks again and best regards
Chachi
admin
Site Admin

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, good points. I will check with our programmer and get the website reference text modified. For dates below the chart, nothing much can be done about the regular charts because all development on it has been frozen as we our main focus is now on "Charts Beta" and improving it further. We will consider this suggestion for the new charts.

Admin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Resources All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: