Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Common Sense trading
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Common Sense trading
sumesh_sol
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Common Sense trading Reply with quote

Dear friends,

For a long time, I wanted to start a thread on trading based on common sense, i.e., by looking purely at Price action. No indicators, No EMI.. nothing !
Only Price.

For this we will use 02 time frames. EOD will be used as bigger time frame to look at broad picture of what exactly price is telling. 10tf will be used as lower time frame to make pinpoint entry with suitable SL.

But.... As with other strategies, this also is no sureshot method, we are only trying to have more odds in our favour with money management AND keeping things simple !

To begin with, please check charts of BAJAJ-AUTO on EOD & 10tf. Notes are marked in the chart.

Regards,

BAJAJ-AUTO..10tf.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  15 KB
 Viewed:  462 Time(s)

BAJAJ-AUTO..10tf.png

BAJAJ-AUTO..EOD.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.04 KB
 Viewed:  498 Time(s)

BAJAJ-AUTO..EOD.png

niilkamal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Common sense trading Reply with quote

Sumeshji,
It's a good idea to trade with common sense. Wish your findings for trading (T1, T2, T3 etc) work. wish you all the best
sumesh_sol
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Concor Reply with quote

Another example is CONCOR...

It always pays to wait for right opportunity to look for entry, as people tend to react on market established support/resistance zones.

Concor...EOD.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.24 KB
 Viewed:  400 Time(s)

Concor...EOD.png

Concor...10tf.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.58 KB
 Viewed:  395 Time(s)

Concor...10tf.png

amitagg
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sumesh

All the best and best of luck

Just a contra view

Common sense trading is trading a "simpler" system mechanically (semi algo etc or without it based on manual entries

System should mean some formulae or technicals etc

In fact such systems assimilate price patterns and observations into easily readable numbers to have entry and exits

Pure price action trading is a misnomer

Supply and demand analysis is more complex form of support and resistance breaks

if you have been successfull in past with this it's great but it's next to impossible for readers to gain knowledge of trading through 100 or 1000 price charts ......

also money management rules have to be well defined before trading price action is terms of percentage risk per trade or per day or week or committed capital etc (as for other systems as well) Laughing
sumesh_sol
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amitagg wrote:
Hi Sumesh

All the best and best of luck

Just a contra view

Common sense trading is trading a "simpler" system mechanically (semi algo etc or without it based on manual entries

System should mean some formulae or technicals etc

In fact such systems assimilate price patterns and observations into easily readable numbers to have entry and exits

Pure price action trading is a misnomer

Supply and demand analysis is more complex form of support and resistance breaks

if you have been successfull in past with this it's great but it's next to impossible for readers to gain knowledge of trading through 100 or 1000 price charts ......

also money management rules have to be well defined before trading price action is terms of percentage risk per trade or per day or week or committed capital etc (as for other systems as well) Laughing

Hi, When I said simple system, I actually meant that..
If I have to use complex formula technicals etc. I'm again going into that trap.. Patterns work if they are put in proper context..I admit it is discretionery system, but supply demand is all evident in price action..Using EMAs and indicators only cloud your judgement..
Simply see what price is doing on larger and smaller timeframe..and enter with favorable risk reward ratio.
Having said that, one can always choose to accept or discard any system / method ..
amitagg
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's perfectly fine!
sumesh_sol
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Concor Reply with quote

sumesh_sol wrote:

It always pays to wait for right opportunity to look for entry, as people tend to react on market established support/resistance zones.

As I know the resitance zone is between 1383 to 1390, the moment it reached that zone , I swithed to even shorted timeframe (2 minutes chart) to check for weakness.

After straight rise to 1382 level it gave three small indicision kind of candles first indication of trouble ahead.

It was followed by another thrust of bullish candle , which was immediately negated by subsequent bearish candle. I shorted below that (1382) some qty, with SL abv 1391.
Now this is aggresive entry so I shorted half qty , another lot I will short after confirmation on 10 tf..

CONCOR..2tf.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.66 KB
 Viewed:  404 Time(s)

CONCOR..2tf.png

sumesh_sol
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Concor Reply with quote

sumesh_sol wrote:
sumesh_sol wrote:

As I know the resitance zone is between 1383 to 1390, the moment it reached that zone , I swithed to even shorted timeframe (2 minutes chart) to check for weakness.

After straight rise to 1382 level it gave three small indicision kind of candles first indication of trouble ahead.

It was followed by another thrust of bullish candle , which was immediately negated by subsequent bearish candle. I shorted below that (1382) some qty, with SL abv 1391.
Now this is aggresive entry so I shorted half qty , another lot I will short after confirmation on 10 tf..

and Stopped out..
Now let us wait for 10tf confirmation for fresh entry..
sumesh_sol
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Concor Reply with quote

sumesh_sol wrote:
sumesh_sol wrote:
sumesh_sol wrote:

and Stopped out..
Now let us wait for 10tf confirmation for fresh entry..

After 10:00 am candle of 10tf, I'm convinced of resistance the stock is facing in this zone, will short below 1378 , SL - 1390 and Tgt 1350
sumesh_sol
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Common Sense trading Reply with quote

sumesh_sol wrote:
Dear friends,

For a long time, I wanted to start a thread on trading based on common sense, i.e., by looking purely at Price action. No indicators, No EMI.. nothing !
Only Price.

For this we will use 02 time frames. EOD will be used as bigger time frame to look at broad picture of what exactly price is telling. 10tf will be used as lower time frame to make pinpoint entry with suitable SL.

But.... As with other strategies, this also is no sureshot method, we are only trying to have more odds in our favour with money management AND keeping things simple !

To begin with, please check charts of BAJAJ-AUTO on EOD & 10tf. Notes are marked in the chart.

Regards,

Met all short targets T1, T2 & T3..

Bajaj-Auto.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.69 KB
 Viewed:  367 Time(s)

Bajaj-Auto.png

sumesh_sol
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Concor Reply with quote

sumesh_sol wrote:

The short (at point A) was not forced down, infact it hovered around same level (point B) for 4 consecutive days clearly indicating an impending breakout up or down.. Finally bullish forces won the battle and took it above SL level (Point C)..

CONCOR.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.27 KB
 Viewed:  371 Time(s)

CONCOR.png

sumesh_sol
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: PRISM Cement Reply with quote

PRISM Cement
==============

Prism .. EOD.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  41.95 KB
 Viewed:  435 Time(s)

Prism .. EOD.png

Prism .. 10tf.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.21 KB
 Viewed:  415 Time(s)

Prism .. 10tf.png

sumesh_sol
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: DISHTV Reply with quote

DISHTV
=========

DISHTV.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.98 KB
 Viewed:  362 Time(s)

DISHTV.png

sumesh_sol
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: PRISM Cement Reply with quote

sumesh_sol wrote:
PRISM Cement
==============

Up by 13%

Prism.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.63 KB
 Viewed:  352 Time(s)

Prism.png

sumesh_sol
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: LAOPALA.. Reply with quote

LAOPALA..
===========

If support @ 700 is not sustained, trade may be reviewed

LAOPALA..eod.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.53 KB
 Viewed:  338 Time(s)

LAOPALA..eod.png

LAOPALA..30tf.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.22 KB
 Viewed:  353 Time(s)

LAOPALA..30tf.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: