Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comparing Brokerage Firms
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Comparing Brokerage Firms
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #31   PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What includesBrokerage Reply with quote

r_venu wrote:
Friends, Actually what and what are included in brokerage? What is brokerage? Question

Venu anna: you r making fun of us. Still,: let us say you buy 100 maruti
Purchase = 100 * 1150 = 115000
Brokerage 40p per 100 = 115000* 0.4/100 = 460
(charge to pay for his current, rent, salary, profit etc)
Service tax of Govt = 12.36% of 460 = 55 say
Sec Trans Tax of Govt = 30 say
NSE charges = 10 say
Stamp duty = 5 say
All adds up and broker charges you 115550 (roughly)
When you sell deducted so 115000 sale = 114450 net paid to you
Prakash Holla
umesh1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #32   PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What includesBrokerage Reply with quote

r_venu wrote:
Friends, Actually what and what are included in brokerage? What is brokerage? Question

Venu,
I fully agree with you one should know what is included and what is not in brokerage,what exposure is allowed and facility for phone trade tc,I have compared RKSV brokerage calculator with my brokers cost of trade,rksv charges some charges which others dont (which are hidden brokerage apart from 1947)and bottomline its same ,infact i get more exposure than rksv gives for intraday and options plus more.....I am not promoting or dissuading anyone as i m not in broking service,for me achieving profits by hitting targets is important than risking my entire capital . Dont be under impression that some brokers distribute sweets and some dont,you have to look at the credentials of the broker as your money is with him not his with you.respect your money all carrots dont taste sweet even though they appear same.
Happy Trading
rakeshliving
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #33   PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What includesBrokerage Reply with quote

umesh1 wrote:
r_venu wrote:

Venu,
I fully agree with you one should know what is included and what is not in brokerage,what exposure is allowed and facility for phone trade tc,I have compared RKSV brokerage calculator with my brokers cost of trade,rksv charges some charges which others dont (which are hidden brokerage apart from 1947)and bottomline its same ,infact i get more exposure than rksv gives for intraday and options plus more.....I am not promoting or dissuading anyone as i m not in broking service,for me achieving profits by hitting targets is important than risking my entire capital . Dont be under impression that some brokers distribute sweets and some dont,you have to look at the credentials of the broker as your money is with him not his with you.respect your money all carrots dont taste sweet even though they appear same.
Happy Trading

Thanks Umesh1 please explain "rksv charges some charges which others dont "....
umesh1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #34   PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What includesBrokerage Reply with quote

rakeshliving wrote:
umesh1 wrote:
r_venu wrote:

Venu,
Happy Trading

Dear Rakesh
I had just checked the cost of trade on his calculator with that of my existing broker,I am saving 120 rs for doing 10 lots in future,which is clear all the charges are not same with all the brokers ,more over giving only 2 times exposure means inviting more margin is also a hidden expense , a hidden brokerage if u understand,Definitely attractive for freshers
Cheers
r_venu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #35   PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What includesBrokerage Reply with quote

[quote="pkholla"]
r_venu wrote:

Venu anna: you r making fun of us. Still,: let us say you buy 100 maruti
Purchase = 100 * 1150 = 115000
Brokerage 40p per 100 = 115000* 0.4/100 = 460
(charge to pay for his current, rent, salary, profit etc)
Service tax of Govt = 12.36% of 460 = 55 say
Sec Trans Tax of Govt = 30 say
NSE charges = 10 say
Stamp duty = 5 say
All adds up and broker charges you 115550 (roughly)
When you sell deducted so 115000 sale = 114450 net paid to you
Prakash Holla

Dear Prakash Holla Annayya! Thanks for your correct Explanation. icon_thx
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #36   PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

venu: as u can see 4 charges fixed, only broker's charges (and service tax) can be negotiated with your broker. as umesh says broker's reputation is most important rather than saving few paise in rate.
Unscrupulous broker can make up for lower brokerage rate in many ways like pushing you to make more and more transactions, more quantity, more intra day, entering your account and doing intra day WITHOUT your consent. i myself learnt the hard way when made 420 by t'nagar chennai hq broker!
regards, prakash holla
umesh1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #37   PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
venu: as u can see 4 charges fixed, only broker's charges (and service tax) can be negotiated with your broker. as umesh says broker's reputation is most important rather than saving few paise in rate.
Unscrupulous broker can make up for lower brokerage rate in many ways like pushing you to make more and more transactions, more quantity, more intra day, entering your account and doing intra day WITHOUT your consent. i myself learnt the hard way when made 420 by t'nagar chennai hq broker!
regards, prakash holla

Hi Prakash,
First time hearing some broker taken trades without client consent,agree brokers pay incentives to staff to call clients for more entries on news/rumours claiming as an additional service, aim is to serve them not clients, but ultimate decision is clients to give a nod or take entry.
Cheers
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #38   PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umesh: that's why I ran from IE!
Also u may have read that some firms find out if customer inactive eg goes to US for holiday. then happily do intra day in his account. if unable to square off, they give delivery. when client comes back and is shocked to find share missing, they produce fictitious contract that they sold as per his instructions!
umesh1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #39   PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
Umesh: that's why I ran from IE!
Also u may have read that some firms find out if customer inactive eg goes to US for holiday. then happily do intra day in his account. if unable to square off, they give delivery. when client comes back and is shocked to find share missing, they produce fictitious contract that they sold as per his instructions!

Yes prakash i have read about this
http://www.consumercomplaints.in/complaints/indiabulls-c25415.html
a good lesson for all
rakeshliving
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #40   PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Umesh and prakash

thats a very important info.... Idea
we must be careful about this type of frauds...

and please do aware us by providing more security tips how to avoid such fraudulent activity...!!!!
rakeshliving
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #41   PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What includesBrokerage Reply with quote

umesh1 wrote:
rakeshliving wrote:
umesh1 wrote:
r_venu wrote:

Venu,
Happy Trading

Dear Rakesh
I had just checked the cost of trade on his calculator with that of my existing broker,I am saving 120 rs for doing 10 lots in future,which is clear all the charges are not same with all the brokers ,more over giving only 2 times exposure means inviting more margin is also a hidden expense , a hidden brokerage if u understand,Definitely attractive for freshers
Cheers

Thanks Umesh, if you dont mind would you please tell us more about your broker and charges.... currently i am doing 5 lots in nifty daily.... Smile Smile
umesh1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #42   PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: What includesBrokerage Reply with quote

rakeshliving wrote:
umesh1 wrote:
rakeshliving wrote:
umesh1 wrote:
r_venu wrote:

Venu,
Happy Trading

Dear Rakesh
Cheers

Thanks Umesh, if you dont mind would you please tell us more about your broker and charges.... currently i am doing 5 lots in nifty daily.... Smile Smile

I wouldnt advise a person doing 5 lots of nifty in a day to switch brokers to save on brokerage,you wont be saving more rather than work and concentrate and follow a strategy which works for u more.
Happy niftying
ravionlinek
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #43   PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: view on ventura, et al. Reply with quote

ravionlinek wrote:
rainbow wrote:
ravionlinek:

ventura:

they charge rs 35 per lot for options for buying, and rs 35 for selling. in case options are squared off the same trading day, they charge for selling side only (rs 35 per lot)

for futures, they charge a percentage of the full amount, which in my view works out to a higher brokerage compared to a flat one.

I have been using zerodha for the last few months, which IMO is a no brainer, seriously. Assume even if u trade 20 lots in nifty futures, you pay rs 40 for the full transaction as brokerage, both for buying and selling. the other mandatory charges like stt, surcharge, cess, sundries are the same with any broker you use in india.

Zerodha pros and cons:

pros;
a. speed of execution is excellent. client is NSE NOW, which is a direct feed from NSE. faster than most other brokers in india, especially if one is doing intraday.
b. lowest brokerage in India in one is trading more than *ONE* nifty lot.
c. excellent customer support

cons:

a. No dp directly. DP is with IL&FS.
b. charge of Rs 15 per transaction for delivery in cash
c. Hence, no BTST in cash
d. and hence, no delivery buy in cash with leverage. However, leverage is available for intraday. standard leverage available, 10 times for A category stocks. for eg: 10 times for reliance, sbin, axis, etc.
e. Square off option for current positions is a little tricky. square off happens at market price without giving option to put in the price one wants. Zerodha says they are working on this with help from NSE.

Hope this clarifies most of the queries pertaining to zerodha.

Have a nice sunday, all, and enjoy the cricket Smile

Cheers

DJ

.........................................................................................................

thanx 4 Reply..............

..........................................................................................................
After 1 year i m happy with Ventura
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #44   PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A person good with his trading strategy dont bother about brokerage from any brokerage firm.....as some where or the other the charges remains the same.
ravionlinek
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #45   PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chetan83 wrote:
A person good with his trading strategy dont bother about brokerage from any brokerage firm.....as some where or the other the charges remains the same.

..............................................................................................................

its not remain same for me as my earlier broker Charge me 100 RS per lot and per buying and selling
means for 1 lot i m paying 200
But now
i pay 35 per lot only on 1 side so its make difference for me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Brokers All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: