Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comparing Brokerage Firms
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Comparing Brokerage Firms
opportunist
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Comparing Brokerage Firms Reply with quote

PFA the comparison in excel. Please give inputs especially if I have missed any costs.

compare brokers.xls
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  compare brokers.xls
 Filesize:  68 KB
 Downloaded:  1178 Time(s)

opportunist
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since spec bhai said every transaction you lose 1.5 points to Nifty....I made that modification. Now the difference between costly brokers and cheap ones are all the more pronounced

compare brokers modified.xls
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  compare brokers modified.xls
 Filesize:  68 KB
 Downloaded:  1175 Time(s)

Speculator
Expert
Expert

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oppo,

Your calculations are wrong. It does not take into account the taxes you pay, which is roughly about 1.5 Nifty points PER LOT (STT, Stamp duty, turnover tax etc). These taxes are unavoidable no matter which broker you use and it's from the govt. Please call up the broker and confirm the same. These kind of calculations can mislead people.
renga123
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Noticed mistake while calculating Total brokerage per transaction for Zerodha i.e 80/- whereas the correct fee is 300/- (Formula is wrong as per the sheet i.e E8*K8, correct formula is F8*KCool

Renganathan[/b]
opportunist
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks renga, but it is correct. Zerodha charges only rs.20 per transaction and not per lot. That is why we are trying to compare in the first place.

Spec bhai this setup is for Options ONLY ...not futures or equity.

Moreover I am not CLAIMING anything. I am only ASKING all to CLARIFY my doubts.

Best of luck.
tripathi_manu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opportunist wrote:
Thanks renga, but it is correct. Zerodha charges only rs.20 per transaction and not per lot. That is why we are trying to compare in the first place.

Spec bhai this setup is for Options ONLY ...not futures or equity.

Moreover I am not CLAIMING anything. I am only ASKING all to CLARIFY my doubts.

Best of luck.

NO doubt it is still better then RKG (which is said to be the best among all) if traded in larger qty. Good for HNI sort of traders.
RKG cost per lot ( including buy + sell= complete trade) is 2 point NF move or say Rs 100. around ( including tax etc.) it means if one trades (irrespective of qty) one can exit a trade with 2 pt gain = no profit no loss.( cost to cost) with RKG for trading NF.

regards.
manu (mantri)
kalsree
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: brokerage comparison Reply with quote

sir,
i think you did not consider Geojit BNP who were the first in india to start online platform. They are giving attractive brokerage of rs.75 per lot in F&O for online clients along with free access to charting also.
opportunist
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote] hi kalsree, Rs.75 per lot is a lot higher than Rs. 35 a lot charged by Kotak or Rs. 9 charged by RKG. Free access to charting may be a value-add but currently since I am subscribed to icharts with a very good service that offer doesnt sound interesting.

Regards
ravionlinek
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all please give ur view about VENTURA SECURITIES Ltd..... Smile
rainbow
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: view on ventura, et al. Reply with quote

ravionlinek:

ventura:

they charge rs 35 per lot for options for buying, and rs 35 for selling. in case options are squared off the same trading day, they charge for selling side only (rs 35 per lot)

for futures, they charge a percentage of the full amount, which in my view works out to a higher brokerage compared to a flat one.

I have been using zerodha for the last few months, which IMO is a no brainer, seriously. Assume even if u trade 20 lots in nifty futures, you pay rs 40 for the full transaction as brokerage, both for buying and selling. the other mandatory charges like stt, surcharge, cess, sundries are the same with any broker you use in india.

Zerodha pros and cons:

pros;
a. speed of execution is excellent. client is NSE NOW, which is a direct feed from NSE. faster than most other brokers in india, especially if one is doing intraday.
b. lowest brokerage in India in one is trading more than *ONE* nifty lot.
c. excellent customer support

cons:

a. No dp directly. DP is with IL&FS.
b. charge of Rs 15 per transaction for delivery in cash
c. Hence, no BTST in cash
d. and hence, no delivery buy in cash with leverage. However, leverage is available for intraday. standard leverage available, 10 times for A category stocks. for eg: 10 times for reliance, sbin, axis, etc.
e. Square off option for current positions is a little tricky. square off happens at market price without giving option to put in the price one wants. Zerodha says they are working on this with help from NSE.

Hope this clarifies most of the queries pertaining to zerodha.

Have a nice sunday, all, and enjoy the cricket Smile

Cheers

DJ
ravionlinek
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: view on ventura, et al. Reply with quote

rainbow wrote:
ravionlinek:

ventura:

they charge rs 35 per lot for options for buying, and rs 35 for selling. in case options are squared off the same trading day, they charge for selling side only (rs 35 per lot)

for futures, they charge a percentage of the full amount, which in my view works out to a higher brokerage compared to a flat one.

I have been using zerodha for the last few months, which IMO is a no brainer, seriously. Assume even if u trade 20 lots in nifty futures, you pay rs 40 for the full transaction as brokerage, both for buying and selling. the other mandatory charges like stt, surcharge, cess, sundries are the same with any broker you use in india.

Zerodha pros and cons:

pros;
a. speed of execution is excellent. client is NSE NOW, which is a direct feed from NSE. faster than most other brokers in india, especially if one is doing intraday.
b. lowest brokerage in India in one is trading more than *ONE* nifty lot.
c. excellent customer support

cons:

a. No dp directly. DP is with IL&FS.
b. charge of Rs 15 per transaction for delivery in cash
c. Hence, no BTST in cash
d. and hence, no delivery buy in cash with leverage. However, leverage is available for intraday. standard leverage available, 10 times for A category stocks. for eg: 10 times for reliance, sbin, axis, etc.
e. Square off option for current positions is a little tricky. square off happens at market price without giving option to put in the price one wants. Zerodha says they are working on this with help from NSE.

Hope this clarifies most of the queries pertaining to zerodha.

Have a nice sunday, all, and enjoy the cricket Smile

Cheers

DJ

.........................................................................................................

thanx 4 Reply..............
manoj_kg
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all,
i was using sharekhan with 75/- lot. from this year changed to ventura. Good relief now. They have advance brokerage system. if you pay 5000 as advance your lot charge may be 35/- only for intra and 35+35 for delivery. i dont trade in futures so dont know those brokerage structure.
i feel the advantage as we can exit positions easily once entered(on the other side we may hold on to thinking of the huge entry load and end up in huge loss)
with my 2 mbps connection i find a small better speed for ventu than sk.
but as for the charts and all better option is sk only.
for cash delivery ventura charges rs. 10/ irrespective of the volume and exposure 4 times for frontline stocks.

Another advantage i find in ventura is we can write options with a margin of rs. 30000/ (for an option price around 50/-, i have not tried higher amount) where as in sk they ask 3 laks or worth of that much holdings
We can get the complete company fundamentals and news on right clicking the mouse in ventura market watch.
rgds
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Never even think of trading with Integrated Enterprises, T Nagar, Madras
1 Employ unskilled labour very cheaply, dont know abc or xyz
2 Give commission so traders always after you to trade more or increase quantity
3 Started and dominated by Txx Bxx with 3 parallel lines on forehead. TBs encouraged even to enter others account, no action on complaint, written or oral
4 One TB I know started partnership: my brain your money. 3 people I know pauper
5 Same TB entered my account along with trader and sold put at 6200 on 11/11/2010, large qty. just to see what happens!
6 Same TB giving tips just to see what happens, eg buy Sesa Goa at 480, Nitin Fire at 140 etc. One client stuck with 10 scrips like this!
7 Traders enter client account and do intra day just for fun. No action taken, only promotion and salary increase

B IIFL
1 Default is Rs 100 one way for NO. Even if they agree to lower, its after initial trades. No refund
2 If they lower, then stop physical dely notes: only for idiots paying Rs 100 each way for NO!!!
3 NF is 0.05% one way no reduction
4 Cash intra and del are OK priced
5 Not bad like IE as staff dont push you or cheat you
6 Thinking of leaving soon as not willing to pay such high rates

Prakash Holla

Last edited by pkholla on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Transcap69
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oppo Bhai,
You Shine always.! Here is some info to help topic:
Well everytime a trade is executed the following expenses and taxes are paid by the trader:(say for fut.)

1. Brokerage
2. Turnover Fees( Trans Fees)

3. STT(Security trans Tax (*NA for Commo) (0.017% Sell Side)
4. ST Service Tax (10.5% of brokerage and Turnover fees)
5. Edu Cess(2% of Service tax)
6. Higher Edu Cess(1% of Service Tax)
7. SEBI fees (10 per crore)
8. Stamp duty(rs 50)

Out of the above items ... 1,2 are variable depending on broker,stamp duty
is state dependent , the rest are fixed ,So u can update the excel sheet and add these. I do this exercise in March every year. Very Happy

Thus
Net Profit=Gross Profit-(Expenses &Taxes)
Net Loss= Gross Loss+Expenses & Taxes

TX
Amit
Note: Pls verify the above values for broker,I have listed for my broker.
yesican
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #15   PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi friends please tell the names of brokers who provide online trading platform in which we can trade till 3.30 pm....... i mean a trading platform which do not have any squre of options at 3 pm or 3.10 pm.....

ventura is one among them....but ventura got lot of athor problems...... so please suggest a good one .....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Brokers All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: