Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CRUCIAL LEVELS for European and the U.S markets FOR THE DAY:
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author CRUCIAL LEVELS for European and the U.S markets FOR THE DAY:
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #16   PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:

Many people like you told me the same when I started learning TA years ago. I am glad I did not listen to them.

If you don't believe TA works then you are in the wrong place. There are other forums on the net that like the sort of stuff you post, this one is surely not one of those forums.

ur intervention was much needed sir!! i hope things will be better from now on

groupwave1
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #17   PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right in your own way Ajay. I too feel the same way up to some extent.

This topic demands a separate thread and need to be discussed exhaustively. Will you do that please ....Open a separate thread and initiate the discussion by posting your views?

If not immediately ….by the week end at least.

Why not ST?! Some one who doesn’t believe in TA can still stay in the forum and share his views.

I don't see any thing wrong in that? Why should you say that this is the wrong place?!

I believe T.A is definitely not a fanatic religious belief. Which ban/punish the people who don’t believe it?

artist
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #18   PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk_a2003 wrote:

I don't see any thing wrong in that? Why should you say that this is the wrong place?!

I believe T.A is definitely not a fanatic religious belief. Which ban/punish the people who don’t believe it?

artist [/color]

u r forgetting a very basic thing here, this website is meant for t.a. if some one does not like/trust it, they can always find their ways in any where else, but its always wrong to super impose ur ideas (half baked ideas) before a group of true followers and possibly trying to discourage a lot of ppls by doing so

as i dont understand fundamental analysis, and i know my limits, thats why i dont go to post my half baked ideas about fundamentals as well as global economics when u start discussing them

likewise, the person who says t.a does not work or says that most of the t.a ends up writing books of giving lectures,it some where shows that he is far from understanding proper t.a and thus has no right to praise/condemn t.a,specially before a group of t.a followers
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #19   PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casper, as I understood it, Ajay is talking about failure of TA in turbulent times and the need for everyone to look at the bigger picture. This is because everyone is following some TA and that method has a SL. Large players are always waiting at sidelines to gobble up that SL and the poor trader suffers.

But what worries me most is the response by ST since I have seen (and have also contributed to) threads that have nothing to with TA e.g. jokes, weekend musings, etc. If such threads are allowed, then why not an honest opinion by anyone, however contrarian it may be?

I guess I will stop posting any thing till the issue is clarified.
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #20   PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
Casper, as I understood it, Ajay is talking about failure of TA in turbulent times .

this is my question indeed

does it really fails to achieve the result or our lack of knowledge in t.a is to blame for that???

by reading about some electrical machines i dont qualify to criticise electrical engineering and by going through a few "text books" how can one qualify to assess t.a??

if u can not trade in turbulent time then fault is in u, not in t.a, so i feel its better to know our limits before trying to show our knowledge actually
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #21   PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:

But what worries me most is the response by ST since I have seen (and have also contributed to) threads that have nothing to with TA e.g. jokes, weekend musings, etc. If such threads are allowed, then why not an honest opinion by anyone, however contrarian it may be?

ur posting in jokes or other chit chat thread has no bearing with the present situation,

do u think by posting all those "chit chat" things u tried to say "t.a is not worthy" or "ta wont work in bad times" or anything like that? if yes, then of course u should not post these things.....otherwise ur case is completely different, i am not site admin here, but i do own a site along with a forum, i cant guide ST,since he is much senior in this field than me, but what i can understand with my little knowledge is .... it is totally wrong discuss about things which one fail to master

but again,its its not my job indeed, u guys keep posting whatever u think proper and fit, who am i to blow up my head??

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
aptcap
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #22   PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As some one who believed and still does in fundamentals but is now starting to appreciate technicals too, I could not resist jumping in.

Lets not forget that both fundamental and technical analysis are tools and it is ultimately upto the user how to make the best use of them. Its an art.

Now regarding professional traders and their edge and deep pockets - may be true to an extent but again we have seen so many of so called professionals blow up - the most recent one being MF Global and before that the large trading loss at UBS. Some of the earlier examples of shoddy trading by pros being being Barings and Soc Gen. The blue blooded investment banks in US would not be around if the Fed had not bailed them out in 2008 and they had made some amazingly wild trading and highly levered trading bets. So much for professional traders. Some of the guys who made their name (and millions/billions) like John Paulson and some others like cornwall capital and dr. mike burry are not as well known as paulson but are some of the few who bet against the large professional trading firms with deep pockets. At the end of the day they are also human and make the same mistakes which individual traders/investors make.

by personal experience i would say that TA is an excellent tool and to repeat myself - its upto the individual how they make use of it.

To wrap up - one of the most famous and successful global macro investors/traders - Stanley Druckenmiller (who succeeded George Soros at Quantum Fund) used both fundamental and technical analysis. Remember the trade that broke the Bank of England and later the thai baht.

Anyways to each his own.

GN and look forward to what Dr. Subbarao brings forth tomorrow.
singh.ravee
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #23   PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk,
message of st is quite clear and crisp. All of us lets not make it a chewing gum, which is distasteful after some time.

ajay,
everyday thousands of ppl die in hospitals. Does it mean one should stop seeking medical advice for ailments.

I agree nothing works 100% of time so is T.A. But u refering to success of T.A as zilch is not acceptable.

When u were writing this, I earned Rs1400.00 per lot of Hindalco using only and only T.A for an intraday trade. Point is if u fail to achieve something using T.A that does not mean everybody has failed.

Kindly post the chart supporting ur claims. May be someone can see entirely different picture on the same chart. Statements without charts are stories.

rgds

ravee

rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #24   PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

casper wrote:
rk_a2003 wrote:

artist [/color]

u r forgetting a very basic thing here, this website is meant for t.a. if some one does not like/trust it, they can always find their ways in any where else, but its always wrong to super impose ur ideas (half baked ideas) before a group of true followers and possibly trying to discourage a lot of ppls by doing so

as i dont understand fundamental analysis, and i know my limits, thats why i dont go to post my half baked ideas about fundamentals as well as global economics when u start discussing them

likewise, the person who says t.a does not work or says that most of the t.a ends up writing books of giving lectures,it some where shows that he is far from understanding proper t.a and thus has no right to praise/condemn t.a,specially before a group of t.a followers

That’s what the essence of Democracy is Casper!. Respecting and accommodating Minority opinion.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #25   PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk_a2003 wrote:

Why not ST?! Some one who doesn’t believe in TA can still stay in the forum and share his views.

artist

Who said I am banning or punishing him? Who is talking about fanaticism here? Please don't put words into my mouth. I just told him bluntly that he is in a wrong place if he does not believe in TA, thats all.

This is not a standalone forum like Traderji or Inditraders where wide range of topics are discussed, this is a forum on iCharts website, a site dedicated to technical charting, methods & systems. We are very passionate about TA and don't appreciate when people actively discourage people from using TA. We believe it works and that is why we created this site. If someone wants to rant here about TA not working for him then either he does not know how to use it or I am going to assume he is probably trying to pick up arguments and that is surely discouraged here.

I stand by what I said.

casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #26   PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk_a2003 wrote:

That’s what the essence of Democracy is Casper!. Respecting and accommodating Minority opinion.

i made a mistake, i thought u ppls are trying to master the art of t.a, and being a lil senior than most of u, i intervened, but if it is all about democracy then i hv nothing to say

but even in democracy one needs to attain 18 or 21 years of age before rising their voice, and my concern was only that, r u guys hv enough exp of t.a to voice ur opinion?

and i intervened only out of concern that no body gets discouraged, but i think that concern was not that needed here.

so i will conclude repeating the same thing, u r free to post what u think proper and fit, as long as ichart admin has nothing to say......... here i am just a member, so i really hv no right to object

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
dracula
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #27   PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk_a2003 wrote:
casper wrote:
rk_a2003 wrote:

artist [/color]

Dear rk,

But , it does'nt mean that minority has the right to attack the firm beliefs of majority & that too in their territory...hope you will take it in a right sennse

warm regards
Manav Chowdhary
dracula
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #28   PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dracula wrote:
rk_a2003 wrote:
casper wrote:
rk_a2003 wrote:

artist [/color]

Dear rk,

But , it does'nt mean that minority has the right to attack the firm beliefs of majority & that too in their territory...hope you will take it in a right sense

warm regards
Manav Chowdhary
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #29   PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:

Jokes etc are not tools used to trade stocks. We have no problem with those, that is why they are in a separate section at the bottom of the forum where they rightly belong. If they are offensive, they too will get removed or users will be warned if the content is not acceptable.

We appreciate arguments against TA but not a campaign into which Ajay's posts were turning into. I had to post to stop it.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #30   PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm,

Sorry for messing up your thread. I am closing this thread, please start a new one.

Regards.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: