Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Indicator - RSI with EMA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Custom Indicators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Custom Indicator - RSI with EMA
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Custom Indicator - RSI with EMA Reply with quote

I am attaching a custom indicator file: RSI with EMA. This is RSI plotted with Exponential Moving Average. This is something many users had asked us.

To add this custom indicator, right click on any Indicator list drop down on the 2nd toolbar and select "Define New Indicator...". This will open the indicator definition window. Copy & Paste the contents of our attached file and click the OK button. You will see the indicator plotted under the chart in one of the two indicator areas.

NOTE: You will need to click the "Save Preferences" button to save the indicator to your preferences.

IMPORTANT: Custom Indicators are available only in JCharts (RT-Premium) and JCharts (RT-Comm)

Please post your questions about custom indicators in this forum. We will post clarifications.

maha
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: not able to add RSEX indicator Reply with quote

Sir, not able to add this custom indicator known as RSEX, can you help me?
vimalmehta
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Indicator Explanations Reply with quote

Hi .. i know a lot of indicators but, is there a page where you could explain the wide variety of indicators offerred by you like BOP, trix etc...Basically a glossary of all indicators.

I also wonder if you provide custom indicators for market internals in our market. stuff like trin, tick, on balance volume, AD, breadth etc...( a lot of these are index specific stuff). Thanx Vimal.
GHAISAS
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST Sir, Thanks for info. I have plotted successfully. However, i feel the blue line is RSI and the brownish one is EMA. Parameter 1 is 21 and parameter 2 is 9. i am new to this thread. How to identify buy / sell / diversion etc? Can we change the parameters? Which parameter is best for Intraday trading? Kindly guide. Looking forward.
newinvestor
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Indicator - RSI with EMA Reply with quote

Hi ST. Possible to give a trial period of abt 15 days to Basic subscribers also, so we could check it out and if found useful, can upgrade the subscription to Premium in order to access JCharts RT Premium?

SwingTrader wrote:

IMPORTANT: Custom Indicators are available only in JCharts (RT-Premium) and JCharts (RT-Comm)

Please post your questions about custom indicators in this forum. We will post clarifications.
nageswararao_v
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Indicator - RSI with EMA Reply with quote

newinvestor wrote:
Hi ST. Possible to give a trial period of abt 15 days to Basic subscribers also, so we could check it out and if found useful, can upgrade the subscription to Premium in order to access JCharts RT Premium?

SwingTrader wrote:

Hi ST,

Could you tell me where can i find predefined functions documentation( how to find highest high in last 10 candles)?
ProTrader
Site Admin

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks:

We don't advice you to use this indicator. This will slow down your data updates. This is a very old post as you can see the original date it was created.

There are no Trial Subscription Laughing .

We will publish a list of all indicators in JCharts and Live Charts and a brief description about it shortly.

Thanks & Regards,
ProTrader
chiragbvyas
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Nagesh,

if u wish to notify highest high and lowest low of any number of candles within your TF(5,10,15,30,60 minutes), just go to the LIVE CHARTS (PREMIUM), select DONCHIAN indicator, modify value to 10 , select TF (in your case it is 10 minutes), and thats it. if you choose donchian 20 then u will get highest high and lowest low of 20 bars.(set TF according to it). I think it can be useful to you. if find any doubts pls post yr query with charts, or u can see this method in SVKUM Sir's thread DONCHIAN Channel. Happy Trading.

Chirag.
ven657
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: one more defined indicator request Reply with quote

Rsex is great.

One more indicator ploting 3 period sma of pivotal point and pivotal point would be helpful.

ven657
welgro
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear ST and PT ,

Here i attached the formula

Quote:
t=Param("t", 7, 1, 100, 1);

Top = Sum(High, t) / t;
Bottom = Sum(Low, t) / t;
av=(Top+Bottom)/2;
mc=IIf(av>Close, colorRed, colorGreen);
Plot(av, "", mc, styleStaircase);

Kindly convert this formula in Jchart language..it will be more helpful..this indicator looks like a supertrend trading system...
kamal.icharts
Site Admin

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Member,

In JCharts, custom upper indicators cannot be defined. In Platinum, it can be coded as a custom indicator but the color change is not possible.

Regards

Kamal
welgro wrote:
Dear ST and PT ,

Here i attached the formula

Quote:
t=Param("t", 7, 1, 100, 1);

Top = Sum(High, t) / t;
Bottom = Sum(Low, t) / t;
av=(Top+Bottom)/2;
mc=IIf(av>Close, colorRed, colorGreen);
Plot(av, "", mc, styleStaircase);

Kindly convert this formula in Jchart language..it will be more helpful..this indicator looks like a supertrend trading system...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Custom Indicators All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: