Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DATA DISCREPANCY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Problems & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author DATA DISCREPANCY
maha
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: DATA DISCREPANCY Reply with quote

On Friday 7/2/14, when observing hourly charts i noted that at 3pm hourly candles closed at following prices NIFTY SPOT- 6046.6, NIFTY 1M - 6053.95 AND NIFTY 2M - 6089.9. But when i am studying charts later on found that closing prices at 3 pm are nifty spot- 6062.95, nifty 1m- 6072, nifty 2m- 6107.75.
Even right now when i checked 1minute chart the 14:59:59 candles showing closing prices as NIFTY SPOT- 6046.6, NIFTY 1M - 6053.95 AND NIFTY 2M - 6089.9
Why there is discrepancy in prices on two time frames ?
Right now if we check hourly chart, we will see that 3:30pm candles are showing 15-17 points gap down than 3pm closing price.
So which price is correct?

Even when i checked on nse site ( 1 min chart) at 3pm nifty spot is at 6047.9

Requesting ICHARTS TEAM MEMBERS to correct, if there is error in hourly charts or other time frame.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maha: My immediate reaction: what can ICharts admin do? They are getting data feed from NSE directly or indirectly from some entity getting the feed from NSE. And what they provide us is dependent on THAT feed.
(An example of controversy: you must be aware that NF close value @ 1530 is not the last word. later there is settlement between bidders & offerers for around 10-15 min and share exchange officially closes around 1600. Hence NF close value at 1600 may differ from close value at 1530. So what is the close value for the day?)
Is it so important for your trading that NF should be,eg, 6312.55 rather than 6311.75 at some point in the day? Will it turn your profitable position into loss position? Or vice versa?
The great American engineering guru Deming taught FUZZY logic (which was later taken to great heights by the Japanese). You should incorporate fuzzy logic into your trading and maximize your profits in spite of 'FUZZINESS' in scrip values!
Jai Hind, Prakash Holla
maha
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
Maha: My immediate reaction: what can ICharts admin do? They are getting data feed from NSE directly or indirectly from some entity getting the feed from NSE. And what they provide us is dependent on THAT feed.
(An example of controversy: you must be aware that NF close value @ 1530 is not the last word. later there is settlement between bidders & offerers for around 10-15 min and share exchange officially closes around 1600. Hence NF close value at 1600 may differ from close value at 1530. So what is the close value for the day?)
Is it so important for your trading that NF should be,eg, 6312.55 rather than 6311.75 at some point in the day? Will it turn your profitable position into loss position? Or vice versa?
The great American engineering guru Deming taught FUZZY logic (which was later taken to great heights by the Japanese). You should incorporate fuzzy logic into your trading and maximize your profits in spite of 'FUZZINESS' in scrip values!
Jai Hind, Prakash Holla
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was Zadeh who invented fuzzy logic. Deming taught management and statistical principles
maha
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am still in learning phase, but what i think is if someone is trading according to hourly chart for swing/positional trades then if real time data is different from which we are seeing after market hours may make difference.

one more point EOD adjusted price will not make any difference on hourly or lesser time frame charts. I am not talking about 3:30 pm candle, i am talking about 3 pm candle.

I am not blaming ICHARTS, just wanted to know are such type of errors can happen ( may b at source of data feed ) and is it possible to correct this error on hourly or lesser time frame charts.
ProTrader
Site Admin

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Maha:

First apologies for the issue. On friday due to network there was an issue for 4 minutes. We have found that when the ticks were restored for those 4 minutes, it created issues. This does not happen in general. We are working on it to restore the correct values for the specific timeframes.

Also, intraday data in the market and after the market will always be the same.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Regards...PT

Ps: We are autorized data vendors for NSE cash & FNO.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
The great American engineering guru Deming taught FUZZY logic (which was later taken to great heights by the Japanese). You should incorporate fuzzy logic into your trading and maximize your profits in spite of 'FUZZINESS' in scrip values! Jai Hind, Prakash Holla

My humble apologies!
Deming taught quality to the Japanese and to his own people.
Zadeh invented fuzzy logic.
But that doesnt change my point that we should take imperfect data in our stride and achieve our goals. I read somewhere that if we wait for perfection or all the data to come in, the moment will have passed us by! Prakash Holla
maha
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PT sir thank u

Waiting for restoration of the correct values for the specific timeframes.
maha
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PT sir is it not possible to restore ?
kamal.icharts
Site Admin

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Member,

We will do the needful today as druing market open it is bit complicated to do so.

We will update you once it is done today

Regards

Kamal
maha wrote:
PT sir is it not possible to restore ?
channasri
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Past charts appearing in icharts live basic charts Reply with quote

Kind attn.: Technical team of icharts

I have observed a discrepancy in icharts live basic charts today. I got the 20 days charts ending with 7th Feb 2014 in place of 20 days charts ending with 15th Feb 2014 (I understand that the actual data ends with 14th Feb 2014 as today is holiday). I changed T/Fs and refreshed but no hopes. Same problem happened when I logged out and then re-entered. I request you to rectify this.

Best regards,
channasri
kamal.icharts
Site Admin

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Past charts appearing in icharts live basic charts Reply with quote

Dear Member,

Please check now. It was due to server maintenance work that was being carried out.

Maha - You can please check now. The needful has been done

Regards

Kamal
channasri wrote:
Kind attn.: Technical team of icharts

I have observed a discrepancy in icharts live basic charts today. I got the 20 days charts ending with 7th Feb 2014 in place of 20 days charts ending with 15th Feb 2014 (I understand that the actual data ends with 14th Feb 2014 as today is holiday). I changed T/Fs and refreshed but no hopes. Same problem happened when I logged out and then re-entered. I request you to rectify this.

Best regards,
channasri
maha
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Problems & Complaints All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: