Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dedicated To Full-Time Traders....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Psychology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Dedicated To Full-Time Traders....
sruthi_kulkrni
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Dedicated To Full-Time Traders.... Reply with quote

This thread is dedicated to ful-time traders,who sincerely works on markets...I Initiated this thread to share my bitter experience in market...

Few days back i got a mail contaning information abt the "FII'S INVESTMENT IN MARKETS".
It clearly quoted that FII'S invested a record level range...and surely markets has to move up bla bla bla.....

At that time am holding shorts in banking sector.....aftr the email i cleared my positions and exited with little profits...As soon as i exited markets crashed and i learnt a great lesson that "NEVER BELIEVE RUMOURS.......DO AS UR CHART SHOW"....
As a positional trader, i wait many weeks to get clear picture of trend....I realised that i broken my rules of trading and again entered into mrkts 3 days back as my charts shown and mvng with the wind..........

The MORAL is "believe in ur hard-work,As a cricketer, as a tennis player fine-tune their movements with practice,v too also fine-tune our work... Dont compare urself with anyone in this world,if u do so, u r insulting urslef".......

Ful-time professionals,plz share ur sweet and bitter experiences which wil a great lesson to us...

SUCCESSFUL TRADING=== 10% technicals 45%pschology 45% money-mgmt...
I initiated this thread for knowledge purpose which may helpful to new-bees ,so JOKES and COMMENTS may disturb this thread...
AEOM
ajit602
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated To Full-Time Traders.... Reply with quote

sruthi_kulkrni wrote:
This thread is dedicated to ful-time traders,who sincerely works on markets...I Initiated this thread to share my bitter experience in market...

Few days back i got a mail contaning information abt the "FII'S INVESTMENT IN MARKETS".
It clearly quoted that FII'S invested a record level range...and surely markets has to move up bla bla bla.....

At that time am holding shorts in banking sector.....aftr the email i cleared my positions and exited with little profits...As soon as i exited markets crashed and i learnt a great lesson that "NEVER BELIEVE RUMOURS.......DO AS UR CHART SHOW"....
As a positional trader, i wait many weeks to get clear picture of trend....I realised that i broken my rules of trading and again entered into mrkts 3 days back as my charts shown and mvng with the wind..........

The MORAL is "believe in ur hard-work,As a cricketer, as a tennis player fine-tune their movements with practice,v too also fine-tune our work... Dont compare urself with anyone in this world,if u do so, u r insulting urslef".......

Ful-time professionals,plz share ur sweet and bitter experiences which wil a great lesson to us...

I initiated this thread for knowledge purpose which may helpful to new-bees ,so JOKES and COMMENTS may disturb this thread...
AEOM

plz tell your stratgy.
singh.ravee
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated To Full-Time Traders.... Reply with quote

sruthi_kulkrni wrote:

AEOM

kindly share, how did u reach upon this breakup of 10-45-45%. what data did u used to reach this conclusion
hope to have factual reply from you
rgds
adsingh101
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated To Full-Time Traders.... Reply with quote

singh.ravee wrote:
sruthi_kulkrni wrote:

AEOM

kindly share, how did u reach upon this breakup of 10-45-45%. what data did u used to reach this conclusion
rgds

Ravee Paaji it seems Sruthi ji has cut, copied, & pasted the writeup from some other forum. Sruthiji pls dont mind just kidding.....
sruthi_kulkrni
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated To Full-Time Traders.... Reply with quote

adsingh101 wrote:
singh.ravee wrote:
sruthi_kulkrni wrote:

AEOM

rgds

Ravee Paaji it seems Sruthi ji has cut, copied, & pasted the writeup from some other forum. Sruthiji pls dont mind just kidding.....

It was said by JOHN MAGEE ....Not only magee, All the great traders conclude the same thing that "STICK TO ONE"...........Gann nicely furnished 24 never failing rules...google it...it will be very helpful... artist
Gemini
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been active in market (stock) for around 5 years now with limited success. Most of the times I know what is technically correct action, but I am unable to execute the same , may be due to hope / fear in subconscious mind.

What I have learnt is : Have one solid trading plan (some good plans that I have come across are : SSPS, 3/15 ema crossover, ema34 / DI crossover, BB 10 breakout etc. ) and have unflinching trust on the same. Do not change time frame randomly. Have specific stop loss ( following standard money management rule). If I do this, I believe that I can start having higher percentage of profitable trades.

Bottomline: Trust the plan and take every signal from that plan.

I have been listening to Norman Hallet quite often and find his lesson quite useful.

Currently, I am following eod 3/15 ema crossover (nice thread is available in forum) (with ADX has additional indicator) and find that percentage success has improved ( Carrying long in HLL, Ranbaxy for April).

Wish all great trading success.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(1) I agree with Gemini sentiment in previous post. But want to add that only way to minimize fear, uncertainty, haste, tension etc is to trade more frequently by using the system you have adopted. Dont let the past mistakes paralyze you but analyze and use their lessons to improve your trading profit! Maintain a detailed trading journal.
(2) One more thing. I was having a/c in Malleswaram, Bangalore 3 branch of Madras HQ broker. One investor from their community saw my profits and cash balance (early Nov 2010) and traded illegally in my account with the help of broker staff. He sold 6300 puts at 6200 NF (to see what will happen!) and caused big loss to me. Management from same community hence full support to rascal.
Always do accounts after market close every day, keep track of transactions in your demat a/c, any discrepancy immediately take decisive action until broker rectifies the mistake. Threaten going to the police, if needed.
Regards, Prakash Holla
sruthi_kulkrni
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pkholla"](1) I agree with Gemini sentiment in previous post. But want to add that only way to minimize fear, uncertainty, haste, tension etc is to trade more frequently by using the system you have adopted. Dont let the past mistakes paralyze you but analyze and use their lessons to improve your trading profit! Maintain a detailed trading journal.
(2) One more thing. I was having a/c in Malleswaram, Bangalore 3 branch of Madras HQ broker. One investor from their community saw my profits and cash balance (early Nov 2010) and traded illegally in my account with the help of broker staff. He sold 6300 puts at 6200 NF (to see what will happen!) and caused big loss to me. Management from same community hence full support to rascal.
Always do accounts after market close every day, keep track of transactions in your demat a/c, any discrepancy immediately take decisive action until broker rectifies the mistake. Threaten going to the police, if needed.
Regards, Prakash Holla[/quot

dear PH,
i tooo seen many idiots who trade behalf of account-holder,the sub-broker's baffling with their words saying that"sir i give returns with interest of 7-8 rupees per month"they make money in initiation and with lack of emotional control they trade with entire stake,recently i seen this situation by C.D EQUISEARCH ...To meet the turn-over targets,the dealer traded and conquered a loss of 6-7lakhs in one of the account of his client....
EVERYONE SHOULD AWARE OF THIS..........
svkum
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought thread is meant for
smartness by traders in applying trading plan , executing etc etc , and NOT
smartness shown by brokers to dupe traders.

also , when there is system of getting sms by brokers , and also by NSDL , on the same day , there has to be information on that day.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

svkum wrote:
I thought thread is meant for smartness by traders in applying trading plan , executing etc etc , and NOT smartness shown by brokers to dupe traders. also, when there is system of getting sms by brokers , and also by NSDL , on the same day , there has to be information on that day.

1) True, nowadays. But not every broker sent you sms in 2010 or before. I dont know when NSDL/ CSDL started sending sms.
2) Further, I had Rs 30+ lakhs trading profit on 10-Nov-10 and kept cash in trading account instead of having to bring each time from bank. Being new to FnO and having someone sell five thousand 6300 put at NF 6200 with NF plunging from there, caused panic in me (and trading terminal operator who participated, kept quiet), each put cost me Rs 100-300 loss, ending in my losing lakhs. It took months for me to recover my mental balance. It didnt help that the Chennai Kalis (client, branch manager, owner) involved came from same "3 parallel lines" community and supported each other.
3) You may have heard of clients of indiabulls, hsbc, and some other brokers being looted by illegal transactions and fictitious contact notes esp when the client is away abroad or not trading for some days!
4) Thread is for you to make money and keep it. Often keeping it is more difficult!!!
If even one person is helped by my post, I am happy.
Instead of hundred objections, it would help if seniors posted both trading successes/ good trading methods AND good money management systems! Jai Hind!
aromal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

artist think u are bruce lee..... u are the best fighter u have skill, u have good records on your back..... wat is the need of phsychology in winning if u have a good methord...... think u are not good as bruce lee and u are going to fight with him, so u want to avoide big damages to your body, that is called pre cautions means wearing some pads and guards same as money management...............good trader is no one other than a person who got a good trading set up and good understanding about the current price move........ those who are still not good should get protected with psychology and money management........... 24

aromal from kerala
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Psychology All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: