Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Difficulty in retrieving recent (missed) Threads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Commodities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Difficulty in retrieving recent (missed) Threads
Arjun20
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Difficulty in retrieving recent (missed) Threads Reply with quote

Dear ST/Kamal Sir,

On our homepage list of 'only' 10 recent threads is there. As the fresh posts come, the older threads disappear from list.But at times, if someone is away from website for a slightly longer time, then it becomes difficult to find origin of missed threads ( as they are classified under various heads in Forum)

So request to increase the list size displayed to minimum 20.

thanks
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometime back I had suggested a link for on left of page for a list of threads. May be that is easier?
Arjun20
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
Sometime back I had suggested a link for on left of page for a list of threads. May be that is easier?

Vinay sir, there's a entry route from LHS through Forum. But my main problem is as follows.
Today afternoon , i wanted to read ST Sir's valuable threads regd 'Multiple TF' as well as 'How to use Ichart levels'. But as i have to go out, i decided to read it later. But when i returned evening,as new posts got added, those 2 threads got disappeared from list.Then i entered through Forum link. Searched various heads but could not find them. Then i applied common sense and found them under ST sir's head. This happens with other posts also as they are classified under categories after they leave list on homepage. So if list size on homepage is bigger, then there will be much ease in finding recent missed posts.
amitkbaid1008
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is difficulty in find the thread once it does not shown in top 10. But it can be easy if you remember the Forum Topic under which it was posted. But some times it is made difficult by authors who post in irrelevant topic.

You have also posted this thread like that.
vinst
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For each thread, there is an option to "watch the thread for replies". we can click that. It is like registering for being informed about any update to that thread.

But the difficulty is that a used has no way of knowing to which threads he/she has taken the option to "watch the thread for replies". If such an option is there, we can retrieve those threads even after months.
If such a way exists already, somebody please post the "how to".
girishhu1
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
as icharts is growing - interms no of users and as the no of topics being discussed are increasing, it is necessary to classify different subjects in different categories.one of popular websites for traders -traderji has very good indexing making it easy for end user to search required thread.eventhough ichart has index, the threads can not be easily searched for which some popular rating should be given and some threads should be made sticky so that they are always available on first page of index.(reference is with good intention only and hope PT sir would not mind.)
regards,
girish

Last edited by girishhu1 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arjun, for God's sake, don't call me sir. I used to penalise my staff for doing it.
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amitkbaid1008 wrote:
Yes there is difficulty in find the thread once it does not shown in top 10. But it can be easy if you remember the Forum Topic under which it was posted. But some times it is made difficult by authors who post in irrelevant topic.

You have also posted this thread like that.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Commodities All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: