Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dollar rally

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Dollar rally
ConMan
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Dollar rally Reply with quote

We can expect good rally in dollar. Can any one explain the relation between dollar and other assets. Will we see a breakdown in equity and commodities?
beowulf
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its good for IT, for sure..
especially services, watchout..! Smile
ConMan
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But how will it affect the asset classes
SID2060
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR CHULBUL,

The FII have taken loan in USD $ to invest in emerging mkts like india, brazil, malaysia, china etc and they have to REPAY the loaN in USD $ ONLY... THE FII convert it into INDIAN RS to invest into indian stock markets... Now if the USD rises and indian rs falls, the loan liability/debt will also increase BECAUSE the USD $ is rising.....

The FII will book profits and sell off in the mkt if the USD $ continues to rally.... They have a stop loss value for the USD $ VALUE.. Above which they will sell off............They reenter the mkt when the Rupee currency become strong to rises against the USD $........

REGARDS,
SID
ConMan
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sid

Thanks for the info ... yes FIIs have been doing dollar carry trade ... So if the dollar moves up emerging mkts in particular have to correct

I also feel commodities like silver/gold will take a heavy beating as the flight of safety money will move back

Is Energy commodity related to the dollar movement ... I feel if dollar is going up so will the dollar economy (US) which is a good sign for Energy commodities ... am I right in my assumption angel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: