Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Equity Portfolio - Stocks, Future & Options

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Equity Portfolio - Stocks, Future & Options
hansraj456
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Equity Portfolio - Stocks, Future & Options Reply with quote

Hi friends,

For the last so many months, I have been trading in various stocks, Nifty Future & Options, using various strategies and plans. Still learning from my own mistakes as also from others' experience. Let's discuss here how a better plan can be made with pre-devised rules and regulations, so that market may go in any direction, in every type of situation, we should get profit and not the loss.

Hope a over-whelming response at this topic.

Thanks

Hans Raj
dishant4u
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: PORTFOLIO Reply with quote

VERY GOOD IDEA SIR,
I WOULD SUGGEST THAT WE SHOULD HOLD ONE 5300CE AS A HEDGE FOR NIFTY SHORT, AND SHORT NIFTY AROUNG 5265-5285 SINCE ITS STRONG RESISTANCE WITH STRICT S.L. AT 5311.THIS WOULD ALSO HELP IN CASE STOCKS FALL, NIFTY WILL COVER.

ALSO I WOULD SUGGEST ITM PUT OPTION ATLEAST 1, WHICH COULD BE USED TO HEDGE AND ALSO TRADED AT APPROPRIATE LEVELS.

ITS JUST A IDEA WHICH WE CAN DEVELOP.
cmulukuri
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Portfolio Reply with quote

Dear Hansraj,
The idea is very good and you can indicate the darft rules for the same and everyone interested will build their own portfolio based on the principles.

with thanks
serenshri
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Call

CE options for next 1 year or 3 year should be used as hedge, I was using this when Nifty was in 3000 levels, now we should design our protfolio to buy CE for next year contract

However my insight is this will not be as dynamic as your other 3 forums
harshkapoor3
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hans,
Good start, but according to me, this thread should only contain=
1) Precise rules regarding
1.1) Equity
1.2)F&O (Hedging)
1.3)Fut (Swing)
(All the queries should be clarified in their individual thread, hence less noise)

2)Broader views on Market, Economy,Sectors.
3)Global reviews, with their effect on our sectors, economy.
hansraj456
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been following three segments for investment in stock market.
(i) Nifty Future & Option Hedging Strategy
(ii) Nifty Future Positional Swing Trading
(iii) Positional trading in Stocks
In addition to above, I am also trying to trade intraday in Nifty Future also.

We should club above plans in such a way that in either side of the market, our capital should grow in a better way. The combinations can be as under :
(a) Nifty Future & Option Hedging Strategy + Nifty Future Positional Swing Trading + Positional trading in Stocks
(b) Nifty Future & Option Hedging Strategy + Nifty Future Positional Swing Trading
(c) Nifty Future Positional Swing Trading + Positional trading in Stocks
(d) Nifty Future & Option Hedging Strategy + Nifty Future Positional Swing Trading + Positional trading in Stocks + Intraday Trading
(e) Any other Plan with some exposure in Gold

Please give your valuable suggestions on these combinations. I will also share my views.

Thanks
aarya
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the best Hansraj, ur efforts must be appreciated.

Good Idea to discuss all the strategies in one thread, Hope this combo effect would lead to Coherence and not the confusion!

I learnt a lot reg technicals, Finally settled at Camarilla & Patterns &succeding, thats why,
My suggestion for ur upcoming day trading strategy is to consider camarillaPivots or 2562 day trading method, if you are convinced only or else Plz ignore them, Go ahead with your intellectual help to all.
May God bless you,
All the best! :
jitesh7
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aarya,

How are calculating points for Nifty in 2562 day trading method.
Pls reply

Thanks
Jitesh
aarya
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jitesh7 wrote:
Hi Aarya,

How are calculating points for Nifty in 2562 day trading method.
Pls reply

Thanks
Jitesh

This is purely mechanical trading! only to earn for ur livelihood, u need to have discipline! Do papertrading first!
Stoploss 1% Target 0.5%, Many of the occasions, stop wont be hit, but if it hits, next trade do with double quantity. I came to know about this method from my doctor colleague Dr KV Ram.

Best wishes!
jitesh7
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Aarya,

Got the point.

Jitesh
kanna
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hansraj,

Good to start a thread on portfolio mgmt. Many of the friends here invest their entire trading amount into one position and a loss is affecting too much.

Better to trade in FnO options hedging strategy by Hans, along with futures positional trading(like Hansraj's strategy, or speculator's swing strategy -both are available in forum) . And whatever u are getting as profits in that start investing the profits in stocks positional calls. Slowly grow your stocks with ur monthly profits from the FnO and stocks.

But FnO trading is to be done with enough knowledge about that (like MTM losses, Margin requirement etc which will differ from plain stocks investing and you require some good amount in your trading a/c.) otherwise u will be Embarassed

For newbies, my humble request will be stay away from intra day. if you want to do intra day try that for at least three months in paper trade and only if u are able to safeguard the amount started in your paper trade by the end of three months , jump into real trade. After three months start with 5000 rs , if you are initially planning to trade with 5 lacs. and do the same for another three months. and if u are having more than 5000 or atleast 5000 by end of the three months after deducting all brokerages charges etc then u are qualified for intra day.

The first three months paper trading is for testing your strategy and the next three months with 5000 rs is to test your money management.
Intra day looks very attractive. But in trading, it should be profitable than attractive. I lost heavily in intra day, so i feel i am qualified to advise this.
Laughing Laughing

Happy trading. Very Happy
deepakpm82
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i am newbie.. and i tried my luck in intraday.. Initially i was getting good profit everyday. So it was really attractive as Kanna mentioned. But one fine day i lost all what i earned. But again tried to make up the loss. The result was more loss. So now i decided to stop intraday for a while because i am afraid if i continue that i may loss my total interest in trading and i may leave this scene with a big loss. SO now in learning process. Just going through all the stuffs. Hope i will do better in future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: