Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Examples (Aug 2010)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Examples (Aug 2010)
sherbaaz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #211   PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
sherbaaz wrote:
Hi ST,

I have been observing that 89 ema provide very good support or resistance. Is there any specific reason for it I mean like 20 sma/ema (which reflects a month).?

Request you to please explain the logic behind using 89 EMA.

Regards,
Sherbaaz

89 is fib number...that is the only reason. I have been using 89 EMA for years, have found it to be extremely useful for support/resistance. It works in any timeframe.

thanks a lot ST for quick reply
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #212   PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Market has opened in a similar way as yesterday. NF around LOC, 89 EMA hovering above it. We need a breakout either above BULL or breakdown below BEAR for any kind of decent move in NF.

Until such time, look at stocks. They continue to give good returns....seeing lots of good trends as always.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #213   PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Market stats indicate continued bullishness. At the moment all the action is in stocks, not in the indicies.

Market Stats:

BULLISH : 171
SIDEWAYS WITH BULLISH BIAS : 29
SIDEWAYS : 63
SIDEWAYS WITH BEARISH BIAS : 23
BEARISH : 34

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #214   PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullish Scrips : EDUCOMP, HCLTECH, MARICO, TATAMOTORS, UNIPHOS

Just a sample...these are not buy signals, look at the charts first. These might be extended at the moment, you might have to wait for a pullback get optimum entry levels. There are tons of other scrips today with good trends.

dilesh
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #215   PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST Sir,
Pl. share your observations regarding NF. Would it be better to wait for a break below LOC to get a confirmation of its down move or break of EMAs should be ok for confirmation.

Regards,
Dilesh
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #216   PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dilesh wrote:
ST Sir,
Pl. share your observations regarding NF. Would it be better to wait for a break below LOC to get a confirmation of its down move or break of EMAs should be ok for confirmation.

Regards,
Dilesh

It is a short below LOC. How far that will take is the question...initially BEAR is the target. Beyond bear things can move fast. So have to watch.

Market stats neutral to bullish at the moment but this can change quickly as lots of stocks are now sideways.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #217   PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly...totally missed this rally as I am not long in either NF or BNF. I am in stocks though like everyday recently and those have done quite well. But missing such huge rallies in NF/BNF is a major pain Very Happy
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #218   PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NF is between LOC & BULL. A break below LOC would see it fall to BEAR and maybe 89 EMA level. A rally from here at this time seems to be difficult as the price is extremely extended. A significant consolidation or a down move is necessary to digest yesterday's gains first.

Market stats indicate that bulk of the scrips are in sideways mode but quite a few of those have a bullish bias.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #219   PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of scrips have turned bullish...against all odds...the rally seems to be continuing for now. Watching how price behaves in the bull-r1 band.
t.chatterjee
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #220   PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
Frankly...totally missed this rally as I am not long in either NF or BNF. I am in stocks though like everyday recently and those have done quite well. But missing such huge rallies in NF/BNF is a major pain Very Happy

same here sir, was so tired of nifty and turned to stocks, in my mother tongue bengali its said..... phaka mathe goal (scoring a goal when the goalkeeper is looking elsewhere) Very Happy
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #221   PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

t.chatterjee wrote:
SwingTrader wrote:

same here sir, was so tired of nifty and turned to stocks, in my mother tongue bengali its said..... phaka mathe goal (scoring a goal when the goalkeeper is looking elsewhere) Very Happy

Very Happy that is the best way to put it!!!

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #222   PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are long, make sure you have tight trailing SLs....market has gone from being extended to over extended after the expected consolidation. The consolidation was shorter than expected as the moving averages have not caught up with price.

Trail SLs and watch out....

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #223   PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been busy recently with some important personal work so could not post stuff regularly. It will probably be like this for next week also. After that I will post examples of few more things...more entry/exit ideas using the iCharts levels.

Until then...will continue to post randomly as and when I find time.

dilesh
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #224   PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
I have been busy recently with some important personal work so could not post stuff regularly. It will probably be like this for next week also. After that I will post examples of few more things...more entry/exit ideas using the iCharts levels.

Until then...will continue to post randomly as and when I find time.

ST Sir,
I would be eagerly waiting for your further ideas of entry/exit using ichart levels. Very Happy

Regards,
Dilesh
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #225   PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NF hit LOC at open and is now in BEAR-S1 band. A break down below S1 can lead to significant down move.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 15 of 20

Jump to: