Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Examples
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Examples
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #31   PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am out of the position. Never got a chance to move the stop up as price came down as fast as it went up Smile Half of the posting was exited when price broke below R1 (point B), the rest when price broke below 89 EMA (point C). I did not exit fully after point B when price went slightly below 89 EMA as I was expecting good support from 89 EMA. From there when price hit R1 and then broke below 89 EMA the 2nd time, it became clear that there is significant weakness so I exited the rest of the position.

There may be a good short trade coming but, unfortunately, I have no time today for rest of the afternoon....have to rush for some work....so that is it for me for today.

Good luck to you all!!!

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #32   PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do look at other scrips, everyday there are many many scrips that have huge breakouts/reversals from either of the two bands - bull-r1 / bear-s1 - today I have checked and confirmed such big reversals in HDFCBANK (ex posted below), RPOWER, SBIN, SAIL (huge upside move from bull-r1), MCDOWELL (both sides), HINDUNILVR (huge downside from bull-r1)....these are just a few that I checked. These should not be ignored as most of the time these give bigger moves when nifty is just moving sideways.

*** above mentioned scrips are all CASH scrips

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #33   PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Example : TATASTEEL 5min chart

No explanation necessary.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #34   PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Example : STER 5min

It opened above Bull-R1 band indicating strong bullishness, broke above R2, consolidated for a while above R2. This are was the buy area with a SL just below R1 (price returning here will negate the breakout).

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #35   PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Example : SESAGOA 5min

No explanation necessary...it is clear.

I can just keep on posting examples....I suggest traders keep a list of 10 active scrips that they are going to watch everyday and see where the price opens (in which or near which bands). From there getting good trades is easy.

I am seriously thinking of having some kind of intraday list to indicate where the price has opened, near/inside which band. This can make things very easy.

More later....

pinoo99
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #36   PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the useful suggestions with live examples. May I request you to post similar examples of silver-mini trades with the lessons we can learn from you. Also, in your view, which time-frame works well for silver-mini: on a inrea-day basis OR is it better to trade it on the basis of EOD charts. Thanx.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #37   PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinoo99 wrote:
thanks for the useful suggestions with live examples. May I request you to post similar examples of silver-mini trades with the lessons we can learn from you. Also, in your view, which time-frame works well for silver-mini: on a inrea-day basis OR is it better to trade it on the basis of EOD charts. Thanx.

Currently we have "iCharts Levels" only for NSE stocks & futures. We are working on comm levels also....will update comm users later about it.

dilesh
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #38   PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
Do look at other scrips, everyday there are many many scrips that have huge breakouts/reversals from either of the two bands - bull-r1 / bear-s1 - today I have checked and confirmed such big reversals in HDFCBANK (ex posted below), RPOWER, SBIN, SAIL (huge upside move from bull-r1), MCDOWELL (both sides), HINDUNILVR (huge downside from bull-r1)....these are just a few that I checked. These should not be ignored as most of the time these give bigger moves when nifty is just moving sideways.

*** above mentioned scrips are all CASH scrips

ST sir,
You are very right. There were great moves in many scrips while Nifty was quite sideways. Thanks for highlighting this and posting all the examples. I am trying to make a list of most active scrips to watch everyday.

Thanks & regards,
Dilesh
chandar.kc
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #39   PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I am recently enrolled for the IChart subscription, can any one help me how to get line of BULL / R1 /R2 / R3. I am using only Pivotal Levels which is not similar to the example stated.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #40   PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chandar.kc wrote:
Hi

I am recently enrolled for the IChart subscription, can any one help me how to get line of BULL / R1 /R2 / R3. I am using only Pivotal Levels which is not similar to the example stated.

Those lines have been placed manually on the chart, you don't get those automatically. To place those on the chart, right click on the chart and select "Support/Resistance levels", move your cursor on the chart so you see the price where your cursor is on the right side in black color. When you see the nearest price to the level you want, click on the chart. A horizontal line will appear.

To remove the line press CTRL key on your keyboard and click on the line. To change color of the line press CTRL and ALT key together and click on the line.

nsk1371
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #41   PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: xcellent Reply with quote

Smile xcellent service st sir.. on reading these examples one of my friend subscribed to icharts yes'day... pls continue this with pain so it wil b useful for new comers like us. Very Happy
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #42   PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: xcellent Reply with quote

nsk1371 wrote:
Smile xcellent service st sir.. on reading these examples one of my friend subscribed to icharts yes'day... pls continue this with pain so it wil b useful for new comers like us. Very Happy

Thanks. Sure...I will try and post examples as and when I get time daily.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #43   PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NF has opened this morning just above the BEAR-S1 band and is now testing this band. If it gets support here it will be bullish IF it clears the 34 & 89 EMA above it which can pose significant resistance. If it clears these two EMAs then there can be a good up move. On the other hand if it breaks down further from here the it is bearish if it goes below the S1 level.

For now just watching price action closely and also looking at other cash scrips for trading.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #44   PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: RCOM Reply with quote

Watch RCOM, it is in BEAR-S1 band and is getting some support. If it can rally above BEAR from here it has potential to move up (standard reversal trade from bear-s1).

** Also, if it breaks down below S1 from here, it will be very bearish.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #45   PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: RELCAPITAL Reply with quote

RELCAPITAL

Got support in BEAR-S1 band and rallied from there, consolidated above BEAR and then rallied again. Ideal entry was in the consolidation above BEAR. Additional confirmation is that it is above EMA 34 & 89 too.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: