Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Examples
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Examples
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #61   PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry...I had t step out of the office urgently for some work, just returned. Did a good short trade in NF (21 pts these days is good Very Happy ). Had entered the short at 5458.05 (few mins after I suggested the short in the morning) - point A on the chart, exited at 5436.05 as it hit 89 EMA and found support - point B. The reason for exit was that I had to leave the office for some urgent work, the profit would have been few points less if I was not leaving (would have hit my trailing stop little later)....anyway it was a not bad trade.

To answer Dilesh's question that he asked below...the buy signal would have been on a break above BEAR - point C - (price had already hit the bear-s1 area and also had found support at 89 EMA) with a SL below S1 as we were in line with the trend (SL would have been below BEAR if we were taking the counter-trend trade like the short trade in the morning). This would have been a tiny trade as trailing SL would have hit after it went above LOC and then came back below it on the way back to bear level.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #62   PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: EVERONN Reply with quote

EVERONN example:

Hit BULL-R1 at market open and broke down immediately. It was a short anytime after that (probably around point A). The reason I posted this example was to illustrate the failure of a stock to reverse from BEAR-S1 (point B). In this case there was no reversal, it just consolidated in BEAR-S1 area without breaking out above BEAR and just continued to fall further. The next possible short entry was around point C when the tested back the bear-s1 band.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #63   PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advise for those who are trying to use the ideas from these examples:

I will make it clear here that there is no 80-90% hit rate here (forget about 100%) Very Happy It is about getting probabilities on your side. This will happen when you start sticking to a fixed set of trading rules. You have to follow your fixed set of trading rules everyday for every trade. If this starts to get boring then you are probably on the right track, if it feels too exciting (little is ok) then you are on the wrong track.

These ideas here are for those who can follow fixed set of rules for every trade every day. Discipline is the key. We take lots of small trades (small profits / losses) so as to get into those big trades that come eventually. This does not happen everyday but happens often enough. One HAS to take these small trades as one cannot predict which one of those is the big one. Trying to predict a waste of time.

Most of the rules mentioned here are objective...no ifs & buts. Few are subjective, these come with experience. One has to start with the fixed objective rules....the rest will fall into place over time with experience.

Good luck!!!

mohan.g
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #64   PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello sir, i am new person watch your post, it's very usefull from day trade and one more qustion how to calucate R1, S1, BULL, BEAR, LOC, and how to apply. Exclamation thank you .....
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #65   PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohan.g wrote:
Hello sir, i am new person watch your post, it's very usefull from day trade and one more qustion how to calucate R1, S1, BULL, BEAR, LOC, and how to apply. Exclamation thank you .....

Sorry, the formula for computing these is not available. We make these available to our subscribers below the chart.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #66   PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NF Open

NF opened in the BULL-R1 band and broke down below it. It is currently consolidating right at 89 EMA, a breakdown from here can result in significant downside but a rally from here will probably result in NF hitting resistance in the bull-r1 band again resulting is some sideways movement.

More later...

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #67   PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NF is effectively in a 20 pts range since morning after it brokedown below BEAR. Did two scratch trades (little or no profit) in NF - one short and one long - reversal from bull-r1 and the other reversal from bear-s1. Stocks though are giving good trades. GAIL, HDIL, IFCI & FINANTECH are two examples.

As of 02:00 PM now it has dropped to S1 a breakdown from here can result in significant downside and a reversal from here can take NF initially to bull-r1 band and maybe above that based on how it reacts with the bull-r1 band.

Key EMAs are flat indicating the move can be on either side...bias at the moment seems to be on the downside, but have to wait and watch....

optimist
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #68   PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST,

In one word , AWESOME....

Never seen such a simple and straight Intra strategy...

I feel today that I got the money back for my subscription Very Happy Laughing

Thanks for this education ...
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #69   PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

optimist wrote:
ST,

In one word , AWESOME....

Never seen such a simple and straight Intra strategy...

I feel today that I got the money back for my subscription Very Happy Laughing

Thanks for this education ...

Thanks!!!

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #70   PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only two NF trades today both had marginal profit/loss (trades marked A & B - short & long respectively). At point B the short trade was reversed to long as price bounced off BEAR level, but it did not go the distance...was expecting it to hit bull-s1 band. It did indicate weakness but I did not reverse again at point C...just exited the trade as I was not sure if it would go the distance after breaking BEAR-S1 (which is what happened...it just stopped at S1).

Usually this is the story with NF most of the time....lots of scratch trades and then few big trades.

The story with stocks is always different. You get big moves with stocks. Those who want good consistent returns should look at stocks apart from NF. Look at SBIN today after a breakdown of BEAR-S1 level, it went beyond S5 level. The other examples also I posted earlier in the day gave good returns. Of course, I agree...I posted those too late, those were not calls. They were just examples....there are much better moves in stocks on most days so don't ignore those.

Kumthekar
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #71   PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ST,

These examples have been a great help to change the perspective towards a simpler and more reliable way to day trading!

HDIL & DLF short trades worked great as per Bull-R1 band resistance logic.

In these examples and even before you have mentioned about having a short list of stocks/futures ready with you.

Would you please explain the method to generate this list and pick up the right stock/future from the list for day trading for the day?

Thanks,
Aniruddha
optimist
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #72   PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
It did indicate weakness but I did not reverse again at point C...just exited the trade as I was not sure if it would go the distance after breaking BEAR-S1 (which is what happened...it just stopped at S1).

Hi ST,

I didn't get your point. You were saying above that you did not reverse again because you were not sure whether it would go the distance AFTER breaking BEAR - S1

But your chart indicates that point C occured BEFORE NF broke BEAR-S1

Is it not ok to short at point C keeping BEAR-S1 as target ?
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #73   PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

optimist wrote:
SwingTrader wrote:
It did indicate weakness but I did not reverse again at point C...just exited the trade as I was not sure if it would go the distance after breaking BEAR-S1 (which is what happened...it just stopped at S1).

Hi ST,

I didn't get your point. You were saying above that you did not reverse again because you were not sure whether it would go the distance AFTER breaking BEAR - S1

But your chart indicates that point C occured BEFORE NF broke BEAR-S1

Is it not ok to short at point C keeping BEAR-S1 as target ?

No...it was fine...point C was a valid short as price almost went to BULL before it broke down below LOC. I did not short there because the distance from point C to bear-s1 was too less. It was just a judgement/decision on my part. I did not expect a big short trade at that point because bear-s1 can offer strong support so immediate price objective for that trade was small.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #74   PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kumthekar wrote:
Hello ST,

These examples have been a great help to change the perspective towards a simpler and more reliable way to day trading!

HDIL & DLF short trades worked great as per Bull-R1 band resistance logic.

In these examples and even before you have mentioned about having a short list of stocks/futures ready with you.

Would you please explain the method to generate this list and pick up the right stock/future from the list for day trading for the day?

Thanks,
Aniruddha

Good question. Most levels work on highly liquid scrips so our first criteria for selection is list of scrips sorted by volume descending. Additionally I also filter out scrips that have lesser than a certain level of average 3 month volume...say 100,000. Next price itself, it is best to leave out scrips that are too low priced. From the list of scrips one gets when the above list of criteria are applied, select the top 10-15 or so to monitor on a daily basis. This list can be refreshed regularly - once a month or so.

Many traders also just stick to the list of futures scrips as they tend to be traded by the institutions/big players etc and so are very active. Few others just stick to scrips from NIFTY index or some other index.

One very important thing I look at is how the chart looks (recent 20-30 days intraday). I like to see orderly trends....no sudden spikes or zero movement candles (open/high/low/close is same for the candle) etc. This is one of the key criteria...if the chart does not look good I don't trade the scrip. I look at something like 3 min chart. If the chart looks fine with proper candles formed then it is fine with me.

Hope the above are useful ideas to you.

Kumthekar
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #75   PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. Thanks a lot!

For futures, is there a way to generate average daily volume or is average volume (Screener EOD) for the corresponding stock a good proxy?

When possible, a button for iChart levels or the dashboard (for say top 25 futures) indicating relative price position w.r.t. iChart levels will be a great help.

Thanks again!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: