Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

F&O problems!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Futures & Options
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author F&O problems!!!
hitman4683
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: F&O problems!!! Reply with quote

Hi ppl,
Excuse me if this is not the proper place to post this!!!
Am pretty new to trading in FNO. I faced the following problem in this week. On Wednesday(22nd-Jul-2008). I took short position in MINIFTY @ 4194.
The day market closed somewhere at 4270 so I decided not to square off and carry the position till the next day. The subsequent day I saw the value of the contract change to 4251. I thought it was a problem with the vendor. I had been quite a bit busy on 23rd and still decided to hold the position.
24th was a complete surprise. The contract value changed to 4494(approximately 6000/lot)
The differential amount in the entire transaction was deducted from my trading account.
I have my demat account with Reliance Money. Please lemme know if this is correct or not. I have been trying to contact these ppl regarding it but I am not getting any response
xerox.iitr
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi Hitman,

This is the expected behavior in F&O and you contract value and deduction of money changes on basis of daily variation in market , called as MTM(market to market). For Ex .

1.MINIFTY @ 4194 --> 22nd-Jul-2008

2.MININIFTY@4251-->23rd jul 2008

On 23rd MININIFTY value must be 4251 at eod. and the difference in the amount on the basis of contract vale on 22ndand 23rd of july must have deducted from your account.

NOW 4251 is your actual contract value(You can say as if u have taken short on 4251). So your next day profit/loss will be based on 4251.

Hope its clear your doubt
hitman4683
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Sad Sad Yeah buddy me a complete noob so didnt know it and hence got screwed!!! Anyways understood now!!!!
enggabhinandan
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Hi Reply with quote

xerox.iitr wrote:
Hi Hitman,

This is the expected behavior in F&O and you contract value and deduction of money changes on basis of daily variation in market , called as MTM(market to market). For Ex .

1.MINIFTY @ 4194 --> 22nd-Jul-2008

2.MININIFTY@4251-->23rd jul 2008

On 23rd MININIFTY value must be 4251 at eod. and the difference in the amount on the basis of contract vale on 22ndand 23rd of july must have deducted from your account.

NOW 4251 is your actual contract value(You can say as if u have taken short on 4251). So your next day profit/loss will be based on 4251.

Hope its clear your doubt

i look like a dumbo because i was unable to completely understand what was written above, let me try rewriting with my query to understand better. Assuming i had 5000 INR in my account and lot size is 1
1) Day1: Minifty Purchase PUT 4194 Balance = 806INR
Day2: Minifty was 4251 Balance = 749 Loss =57

was i right there, now what if the below situation
2) Day1: Minifty Purchase PUT 4194 Balance = 806INR
Day2: Minifty came down to 4100 Balance = 900INR Profit = 94

am i right here tooo....... Let me consider 2 other senario for CALL
3) Day1: Minifty Purchase CALL 4194 Balance = 806INR
Day2: Minifty was 4251 Balance = 863 Profit =57

4) Day1: Minifty Purchase CALL 4194 Balance = 806INR
Day2: Minifty came down to 4100 Balance = 712INR Loss = 94

Please i'm very new to options, just yesterday i was observing it to know what it is so asking this question. Please help me understand it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Futures & Options All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: