Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Future Trades -- Rel Infra
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Future Trades -- Rel Infra
shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #586   PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvindeept wrote:
prabit wrote:
no swing/ positional set up can have any control on gaps. gaps can be in favour or against, so sometimes you gain, sometimes you lose. If you want to avoid gaps, you will have to do daytrading only.

prabit true........but then you cant have 13 point SL and carry a positional trade......

Thumb rule on first day of the positional trade. Carry overnite only if you are plus 40-60 points (wrt NIFTY). My two cents Mr. Green

SHEKHAR
sonila
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #587   PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shekharinvest wrote:
arvindeept wrote:
prabit wrote:
no swing/ positional set up can have any control on gaps. gaps can be in favour or against, so sometimes you gain, sometimes you lose. If you want to avoid gaps, you will have to do daytrading only.

prabit true........but then you cant have 13 point SL and carry a positional trade......

Thumb rule on first day of the positional trade. Carry overnite only if you are plus 40-60 points (wrt NIFTY). My two cents Mr. Green

SHEKHAR
. Yes, sekhar, same thing was also suggested by speculator in his ssps method.
prabit
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #588   PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shekharinvest wrote:
arvindeept wrote:
prabit wrote:

SHEKHAR
Yes, I agree to both of you. thanks.
Rahulsharmaat
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #589   PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in last 8 months--- 5 stop loss may got protected due to the system just posted here

But 11 times next day it went to 60 points in trade ditrection

out of which 4 times it was gap up only

so 4 Stop loss resulted in 125 point loss
4 gap ups resulted in 120--130 point loss

so its equal ---

so we will stick to the basic rule---
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #590   PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shekharinvest wrote:
arvindeept wrote:
prabit wrote:

SHEKHAR

Well said Shekhar.The point here is not to have control on gaps. When you know there is going to be a gap either on upside or down side (If you know which side the gap is going to be then no need to discuss 24 ). What should be your stance? Square up your position before and watch the drama to unfold and then take a position as per your strategy. Alternatively if you are willing to take a chance be in your position if the gap is in your favor enjoy....otherwise...

There is no amendments suggested for the strategy, it's only commonsense approach in dealing with the gaps that are known in advance, nothing more or nothing less one need not be extra intelligent to understand this.
Rahulsharmaat
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #591   PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said RK

after years of my running here n there-- right now--this set up what i have got is excellent for me--

as i said in last 8 month-- everything happ-- gap up--gap down--rally

sideways-- all counted in it
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #592   PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rahulsharmaat wrote:
well said RK

after years of my running here n there-- right now--this set up what i have got is excellent for me--

as i said in last 8 month-- everything happ-- gap up--gap down--rally

sideways-- all counted in it

That’s wonderful Rahul. If you take such a stance the gaps may probably neutralized. One time in your favor other time against, net net could be neutral.

If I know in advance that gaps are going to be there and in case don’t have any bias then I prefer to be away from it.
Rahulsharmaat
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #593   PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just want to see-- how it behaved when there was circuit in 2005---2008--2009-- buy data not available
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #594   PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rahulsharmaat wrote:
just want to see-- how it behaved when there was circuit in 2005---2008--2009-- buy data not available

That's really a point to ponder.2009 we can avoid a position .2005 & and 2006 don't know.

I do remember 2009 election result. It was an upper circuit for the market .What if we were short? Like yesterday. That’s why I don’t want to take a position before the major events. If it happens without any hint that’s a different story, you have to bear with it by shedding some of the profits you made.
Rahulsharmaat
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #595   PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in 2008--2009 in was call towards trend only---

In 2008 it was short--- n 2009 it was long
shekharinvest
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #596   PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rahulsharmaat wrote:

so its equal ---

so we will stick to the basic rule---

That's the crux of any trading method and that's how ppl make money trading.

What I have suggested is the risk management, for the ppl like me who are jittery about the gaps, I still don't carry my positions home on weekends and that's another basic rule for myself Mr. Green

SHEKHAR
Vevensa
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #597   PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk_a2003 wrote:
When you know there is going to be a gap either on upside or down side (If you know which side the gap is going to be then no need to discuss 24 ). What should be your stance? Square up your position before and watch the drama to unfold and then take a position as per your strategy.

These are words of wisdom I hope to remember as long as I trade.
Last friday before Jackson Hole event my nifty option position was in 90 point profit. Thought of hedging or closing but didn't do. Nothing happened. Then, before ECB meeting I was in 120 point profit, brushed aside the thought of closing or hedging hoping nothing against my position will happen. Yesterday, I had to close the position with a small profit since system gave reversal signal.
Rahulsharmaat
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #598   PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its own choice of trader-- i will stick to my rule

dont want to see others trade n rules-- rather
sonila
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #599   PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rahulsharmaat wrote:
Its own choice of trader-- i will stick to my rule

dont want to see others trade n rules-- rather
. See our mentality........we will be silent to series of success..........but will throw all possible stones to single failure..........
Rahulsharmaat
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #600   PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha ha

U are right Sonila

but all this wont let me re think anything

I am here --n here only
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 40 of 48

Jump to: