Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have you voted for Idols or Idles?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Have you voted for Idols or Idles?
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #31   PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
11:36 AM Ignore US ire, import Iran oil to save $8.5bn, Veerappa Moily suggests: The Manmohan Singh government will have to tread on a diplomatic tightrope with oil minister M Veerappa Moily suggesting India may save nearly $8.5 billion (around Rs 57,000 crore) by importing cheaper crude from Iran, which faces UN sanctions in the wake of its nuclear programme.

Fayada hi fayada!
1 Pay in Rupees, buy today @ rate Rs 66, pay when rupee goes further to 75, then Iran ki chutti
2 Iranis drink lots of tea, we have lots of tea powder
3 Try to make them buy our export quality wheat/ rice from open air stores (well ventilated/ watered). No need to buy animal protein separately for cooking
4 Try to make Iran buy our spent nuclear rods from Tarapur, Rawalbhatta, Kaiga etc (What they do with it, none of our bijnes!)
But first of all save our marayada by getting innocent SCI ship released from Irani chor mercantile cops. Can you do it, Salman "Jaipur Foot in mouth" ?
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #32   PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hungama

Quote:
12:47 PM Live! PM to Parliament: Too early to say coal files are missing : The PM says it's too early to say some files have gone missing. The fact that 1 lakh files have already been handed over to the CBI, shows the intent of the government.

"If some files are really missing, we will punish the guilty, says the PM. "Don't draw hasty conclusions, let the House function," he says.

And that's it. The speech ends and expectedly, there is an uproar from the Opposition benches.

Quote:
12:42 PM Live! PM on missing coal files: Govt has NOTHING to hide: The Prime Minister addressing the Rajya Sabha on the missing coal files. The PM says the government making all efforts to locate the missing files. "The government has nothing to hide and will carry out a thorough investigation and punish the guilty," he says. "The government is providing all help to the CBI," he says. One lakh files have already been given to the CBI.
[/quote]
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #33   PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
Clear cut economy's current position and Govt's wrong decisions and measures undertaken as explained by Yashwant Sinha which were seeded in 2008-2009 by the Govt to win elections (just like this time food security bill, etc.) and is showing it's result today. Click and see why this concerns everyone and why you should be worried. We could easily have a 1991 crisis again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRysS2tXgK4

I hope you guys have watched this video. If not take the step to do so and get informed on some of the things shaping our economy ahead.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #34   PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
I hope you guys have watched this video. If not take the step to do so and get informed on some of the things shaping our economy ahead.

Apka: It is not us but the blind, deaf and dumb men sitting in positions of power who should see this video again and again. Did you see the camera focus on besharam "Psecu" leader? He was yawning, shaking his head, generally doing natak of disbelieving what he was hearing when YS was going great guns tearing his position to pieces!
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #35   PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When corruption, favouritism & nepotism precede in your Govt Party & Judiciary Ranks we are bound to end up in a rut.

Quote:
CNN-IBN has assessed documents that reveal nepotism in state of affairs in judiciary, particularly in the Punjab and Haryana High Court.

Documents with the channel show how relatives of judges in the Punjab and Haryana High Court are practising in the same courts, and often in the same courtroom.

Former chief justices of India KG Balakrishnan, YK Sabarwal and Altamas Kabir have come under a cloud for their allegedly controversial tenure. While, Balakrishnan has been alleged to have misused his official position to help his son-in-law amass wealth, Sabharwal had allegedly passed a judgment on sealing of commercial properties in Delhi to benefit his son's real estate business.

CNN-IBN has accessed a list of legal officers, which has been sent to the Union Law Ministry in Delhi, shows how Punjab and Haryana courts are becoming uncle and aunty court rooms. For instance, Additional AG, Haryana, Supreme Court Aditya Sanghi's father is NK Sanghi who is a judge in the Punjab and Haryana High Court. Similarly, Additional AG, Haryana Aditya Singh's father-in-law RK Garg, too, is a judge in the Punjab and Haryana High Court while PS Sullar (Additional AG, Haryana) is the son of MS Sullar who is a judge in the Punjab and Haryana High Court. Meanwhile, Additional AG, Punjab, Aman Bahri's sister is Justice Ritu Bahri, a judge in the Punjab and Haryana High Court. Meanwhile, Haryana Lokpal Justice Pritam Pal is the father of Ajay Pal (Additional AG Haryana, Supreme Court).

"If it is true that judges are getting obliged from the government, then it is not a healthy trend," said MK Mishra, Chairperson of Bar Council of India.

Prominent lawyers allege that state governments favour judges by approving these appointments. In return, it is alleged, judges go soft on cases involving the state governments.

apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #36   PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The World Economic Forum has cancelled its annual event in November in India, for the first time in 30 years, as CEOs grow uninterested.

Quote:

What some of the Business Leaders and CEOs of India are saying:

"The Indian economy whether it is the fiscal deficit, the current account deficit, the rupee, the GDP growth rate, and IIP (Index of Industrial Production) has not seen such a difficult time as now," says Rahul Bajaj, chairman of Bajaj Auto.

"Nobody is willing to put in a new project, so where will the new jobs come from? In an environment where we are bringing back capital controls and creating retrospective tax amendments, why should anyone invest?" says Venugopal N. Dhoot, chairman of Videocon Industries.

"NHAI is not coming out with fresh orders on roads," says Virender Mhaiskar, CMD of IRB Infrastructure, which executed the Mumbai-Pune expressway and employs 8,500 people.

"If the situation does not improve, we may be compelled, as a last resort, to consider such rationalisations," says Rajeev Dubey, president, Group HR, M&M.

"The 2008 slowdown was a global phenomenon, with its roots in the US. But Western economies are now reviving," says E. Balaji, an HR expert and former ceo of manpower consultancy Randstad India.

"The economy is certainly not in the best of shape," says Ambarish Raghuvanshi, CFO, Naukri.com, part of Info Edge India.

“There is a lack of leadership in the country to lead from the front." says Ratan Tata

Ratan Tata, on kind of person needed as a true leader in today's India:
“Let me answer this indirectly… Lets go back to 1991 we were country of tremendous central control... the brave moves were made at that time opened up the country maybe under pressure... the same people brought that success to India. We had several years of high growth. We became a country that internationally we were looked up to... funds flowed into India. India became an internationally connected country... It's the same team, what has happened in my view is that there have been forces that don't hurt me this will affect x y z... too many competing interests. By and large whatever is happening should be looked at to the benefit of the people of India not to few vested interests in India.”
amitsolanki73
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #37   PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the situation in our country is like this who will be interested

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2013-09-03/news/41726516_1_assocham-report-lakh-crore-implementation

apka wrote:
The World Economic Forum has cancelled its annual event in November in India, for the first time in 30 years, as CEOs grow uninterested.

Quote:

What some of the Business Leaders and CEOs of India are saying:

"The Indian economy whether it is the fiscal deficit, the current account deficit, the rupee, the GDP growth rate, and IIP (Index of Industrial Production) has not seen such a difficult time as now," says Rahul Bajaj, chairman of Bajaj Auto.

"Nobody is willing to put in a new project, so where will the new jobs come from? In an environment where we are bringing back capital controls and creating retrospective tax amendments, why should anyone invest?" says Venugopal N. Dhoot, chairman of Videocon Industries.

"NHAI is not coming out with fresh orders on roads," says Virender Mhaiskar, CMD of IRB Infrastructure, which executed the Mumbai-Pune expressway and employs 8,500 people.

"If the situation does not improve, we may be compelled, as a last resort, to consider such rationalisations," says Rajeev Dubey, president, Group HR, M&M.

"The 2008 slowdown was a global phenomenon, with its roots in the US. But Western economies are now reviving," says E. Balaji, an HR expert and former ceo of manpower consultancy Randstad India.

"The economy is certainly not in the best of shape," says Ambarish Raghuvanshi, CFO, Naukri.com, part of Info Edge India.

“There is a lack of leadership in the country to lead from the front." says Ratan Tata

Ratan Tata, on kind of person needed as a true leader in today's India:
“Let me answer this indirectly… Lets go back to 1991 we were country of tremendous central control... the brave moves were made at that time opened up the country maybe under pressure... the same people brought that success to India. We had several years of high growth. We became a country that internationally we were looked up to... funds flowed into India. India became an internationally connected country... It's the same team, what has happened in my view is that there have been forces that don't hurt me this will affect x y z... too many competing interests. By and large whatever is happening should be looked at to the benefit of the people of India not to few vested interests in India.”
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #38   PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amitsolanki73 wrote:
vinay28 wrote:
have a look at this and make your own judgement

http://www.mediacrooks.com/

Very good article, Vinayji. Here is another interesting one regarding the media and its double standards

http://wearethebest.wordpress.com/2013/07/19/how-narendra-modi-buys-media-through-pr/

Almost got me thinking too, but I thought there is no proof as some of the mediacrooks highlights have. Maybe needs to be rechecked to add more content. Only some quotes assembled together. While the photo shows the PR motives, all industrial/commercial minds tend to define even small steps like done as per ISO 9001 standards as part of their vision and mission.

UPA must have something like that too in relation to serving the people of the country, etc. but they take a major part of the peoples fund by way of scams and eat it. Under almost all ministries they have done so. And totally unwilling to bring back stashed back money lying in Swiss Bank. How much that would help our country in this time of economic crisis, but why they aren't and why media leaves it out of focus, can't say. Why media leaves it out of focus that Sonia has been summoned by US court, rather same day to divert attention and focus an english typed letter without any specific details comes out while Vanzara can't even speak proper english, where did he get a computer in jail. For media Sikh based hurtful events in 1980s doesn't matter as it involves other political party / members or so it seems by lack of mention of it. If the case is over and that's why left out of focus, then so is gujarat's case, cleared by CBI, SC, SIT. But media doesn't leave focus or so it seems?

No media highlights the fact that 44000cr of food wastage is done, why not work on sorting that and create jobs which will help supply side and thereby help ease in food prices... it makes part in no media debate when speaking of 1.25 lakh cr food security bill.

I send my views to these media houses, but they don't reply or add anywhere the points I have shared so far.

Incidentally HT, CNN-IBN, Aaj Tak, etc. are mentioned and just to brush up myself searching for their roles, I found these videos:

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-egGR6LwNA
I dont know how many journalists are there, it was organized by HT and hosted by Rajdeep Sardesai. I don't see one journalist speaking in any other direction. Rajdeep Sardesai includes name labelling. I don't think what questions they are asking must have been an Agenda to keep a seminar or sign up to come at. Found some more details at mediacrooks: http://www.mediacrooks.com/2010/12/rajdeep-sardesai-to-sermonise-on-role.html

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Uwdn11gTY
Here I see several attempts by Rahul Kanwal of Aaj Tak on Seedhi baat. 18mins of attempt to deluge the same questions countered by Smriti Irani showing some biased side from the interviewer, unless I am reading too much into it.

3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4cN0EC25QE
The smirk at Rajdeep Sardesai's face seems presumable, haha.

4) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0pgz2biUmE
Karan Thappar left red faced on how he conducts himself in interviews against 'some' politicians and leave 'others' out of his ruthlessness.

5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J27pWYGTJ4
Karan Thappar trying to again and again mislead the BJP spokesperson, but was corrected each time by Ravi Shankar Prasad and he had to ask few times don't edit this portion. Assumingly it has happened before and hence the requests by Ravi Shankar Prasad.

All media seems to been focusing on one thing only, I hardly find myself convinced that they can be corrupted for both ends. But that and above is my feeling and interpretation. Everyone is free to make up their own mind.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #39   PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
India's external debt up 13% at $390 billion

India’s external debt rose by almost 13 per cent to $390 billion in 2012-13, mainly due to an increase in short-term trade credit and external commercial borrowings amid a high current account deficit.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #40   PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On the 29th May, 2012, our Prime Minister had stated:
"I will give up my public career and country can give me any punishment." Dr Manmohan Singh

"It is unfortunate that irresponsible allegations relating to irregularities in allocation of coal blocks are being made without confirming facts." adds the PM.

On the 29th August, 2012, our Prime minister added:
"I was holding the charge of Coal Minister for a part of the time covered by the report. I want to assure Honourble Members that as the Minister in charge, I take full responsibility for the decisions of the Ministry."

Full responsibility includes being aware and taking care of the data and information stored in files. And CAG is an audit body, no audit is done without referring to the related files. So, these were not blind allegations as proclaimed in the statement.

Amongst other things said and explained from your side, if nothing wrong was done and an innocent tag was solicited so early on after the report by CAG then there was ample time to go through the files and lay those facts infront of everyone which would back the confidence and statements.

Quote:
On the 30th August, 2013, our PM reverts:
"I'm not the custodian of files in Coal Ministry: PM"

After announcing acceptance and charge of responsibility, Mr.PM has said the above that too after several attempts to have him speak about the 90% missing files, soughted by the CBI for inquiry. Moreover it confirms till the time CAG conducted the audit the files were there, otherwise CAG would include missing part in it's audit report. Without authorization, anyone can enter any ministry and take away majority of the files without being noticed or questioned by the personnel and ministers / officers on duty?

Quote:
Fool us once, shame on you; fool us again, shame on us.

coalgate.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  93.44 KB
 Viewed:  507 Time(s)

coalgate.jpg

apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #41   PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amitsolanki73 wrote:

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2013-09-03/news/41726516_1_assocham-report-lakh-crore-implementation

Interesting, was looking for state wise amount / sector details, but couldn't find it.

The article says that "Jammu and Kashmir (81.4 per cent), Punjab (79 per cent), Assam (72 per cent) and Chhattisgarh (69 per cent) are among the top five states that are currently witnessing a high rate of implementation of investments, according to the ASSOCHAM analysis", but the amount is not clear.

Though % is higher, but the implementation of the investment amount can be lesser compared to the total investment amount if it is larger in Gujarat. Suppose they implemented 80% of Rs.100 investment, makes it Rs.80 implementation. But if Gujarat or other states have an invesment value of Rs.1000 and implementaion is 46%, it becomes Rs.460/- worth of implementation. Would have prefered that the article covered it. But it doesn't (Interestingly at a time when we are speaking about media's role) so I looked more and found this:

Quote:
Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Uttarakhand and Assam account for a share of less than even one per cent in the total private investment commitments attracted by India.

Quote:
Gujarat has ranked on top for attracting investment across the country –cornering about 14 percent of total outstanding private sector investment worth over Rs 75 lakh crore as of December 2012, industry body Assocham has said. The private sector accounts for over 62 percent of total outstanding investments worth about Rs 122 lakh crore attracted by India as of December 2012

followed by:

Quote:
While the private sector accounts for about 85 percent of the total outstanding investments worth about Rs 7 lakh crore attracted by Jharkhand, the states of Haryana, Gujarat and Chhattisgarh are other states where private sector accounts for a share of about 70 percent and above in total investments attracted by the state.

Quote:
"The prevailing unstable external and internal economic conditions, high inflation, credit availability and its cost along with a host of local problems like delays owing to land acquisition have been affecting the investment scenario in India,"

So the investment % or amount seems much higher in stats but undisplayed by the articles and the last para is supported by what the CEO and Business leaders of India feel as of recently about the economy and the view poll taken recently.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #42   PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Marc Faber says "Politicians have mismanaged Indian economy for last 50 years", "I doubt if India has the political will to face the music."

Ratan Tata sitting with Kapil Dev says that a leader is a person who doesn't pass excuses and takes responsbility. (Don't have the exact quote, heard on TV just).

Recently, our FM passed the buck onto the former FM Pranab Mukherjee.

PM passed excuses blaming Syrian war, which has not even started or shown any effect yet. The issue gained internationalization just recently when America showed interest of striking.

When was the last time you felt satisfied with the answers and conduct from our leaders in anything related to the economy?

maturity.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  213.48 KB
 Viewed:  488 Time(s)

maturity.jpg

vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #43   PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even an arrogant guy like Montek has joined hands. He said (not verbatim) "a bunch of CAs (CAG) can't decide on policies".
amitsolanki73
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #44   PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
amitsolanki73 wrote:

Interesting, was looking for state wise amount / sector details, but couldn't find it.

The article says that "Jammu and Kashmir (81.4 per cent), Punjab (79 per cent), Assam (72 per cent) and Chhattisgarh (69 per cent) are among the top five states that are currently witnessing a high rate of implementation of investments, according to the ASSOCHAM analysis", but the amount is not clear.

Though % is higher, but the implementation of the investment amount can be lesser compared to the total investment amount if it is larger in Gujarat. Suppose they implemented 80% of Rs.100 investment, makes it Rs.80 implementation. But if Gujarat or other states have an invesment value of Rs.1000 and implementaion is 46%, it becomes Rs.460/- worth of implementation. Would have prefered that the article covered it. But it doesn't (Interestingly at a time when we are speaking about media's role) so I looked more and found this:

Quote:
Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Uttarakhand and Assam account for a share of less than even one per cent in the total private investment commitments attracted by India.

Quote:
Gujarat has ranked on top for attracting investment across the country –cornering about 14 percent of total outstanding private sector investment worth over Rs 75 lakh crore as of December 2012, industry body Assocham has said. The private sector accounts for over 62 percent of total outstanding investments worth about Rs 122 lakh crore attracted by India as of December 2012

followed by:

Quote:
While the private sector accounts for about 85 percent of the total outstanding investments worth about Rs 7 lakh crore attracted by Jharkhand, the states of Haryana, Gujarat and Chhattisgarh are other states where private sector accounts for a share of about 70 percent and above in total investments attracted by the state.

Quote:
"The prevailing unstable external and internal economic conditions, high inflation, credit availability and its cost along with a host of local problems like delays owing to land acquisition have been affecting the investment scenario in India,"

So the investment % or amount seems much higher in stats but undisplayed by the articles and the last para is supported by what the CEO and Business leaders of India feel as of recently about the economy and the view poll taken recently.

Good points about Gujarat, akpaji. I come from that state. hence sharing a few more stats. it is showing a comparison with other states on various fronts. the picture is not that bright as many believe, I'm afraid

http://pheku.in/2013/08/summarizing-pheku-a-multi-dimensional-disaster/
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #45   PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amitsolanki73 wrote:
Good points about Gujarat, akpaji. I come from that state. hence sharing a few more stats. it is showing a comparison with other states on various fronts. the picture is not that bright as many believe, I'm afraid

http://pheku.in/2013/08/summarizing-pheku-a-multi-dimensional-disaster/

Ok thanks for adding to input. But please post links having proper source of the info / stats. I have seen pheku site mentioned before and have also seen they have used images from articles about poverty in other party ruled states and copied over the same images to debunk / falsify. Anyway, point is to provide credible data for everyone to think.

The purpose of the thread is basic awareness, not just one or two points about stats or ratios. It is to provide with collective information as I have so people re-evaluate their thinking and selection process. Consider all pros and cons. And it has to be based on actual stats from a credible source, like assocham one you posted.

You have given stats about gujarat in comparison, immediately what came in my mind was compared to what and time period? It shows growth status in absolute terms 3 years ago, but in terms of % multi-year growth within each state, considering delhi haryana dont face natural calamities like hurricanes, size of population, education level earlier, guj being surrounded by 3 states which other ruling parties not being able to receive support of the required kind, at times draught affected, major earthquake damages in 2001, other hindrances, etc.? These are the type of questions that come on top of my head before believing any stat in words or image. As much of an optimist I am, I move forward with an equal skepticism. And this is what all information should provide in-detail-comparison.

I am not for one and against other. The thread is not about my personal choice. The theme of the thread without any dilution involves everything that is related to status Economy of India as a whole, where we were, where we stand, run by whom, capability of our leaders, are they fulfilling their duties, what we have, can have, should have, can we have, how to have, etc. 60 years have gone by, we have given chance - a major portion of our freedom to rule and govern us. to single party. How have they faired us, how in future will they fair us given their record and history, are they capable - the individuals standing in the posts of leaders and many such questions. Think of yourself, your seniors in family relatives, the times they have seen, we are seeing as in the middle of it, your children your future generation will have to live in and work out of. What would be good for your next 50 years, not just 5 years.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Chit Chat All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: