Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have you voted for Idols or Idles?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Have you voted for Idols or Idles?
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #46   PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at the least, the common needs to do two things. Identify the lesser evil and vote! This is the last chance.
amitsolanki73
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #47   PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akpaji previous article I have posted was from economictimes. The article was about the implementation of projects in India in general. I didn't say anything about Gujarat at all. It was you who mentioned specifically about Gujarat. That's why I have replied to that with the stats. I don't think it is possible to verify the reliability of the data for any of us. Even the so called most reliable media groups are crooked and biased as per the link vinayji posted (do not know the reliability of that either). In that sense, it is impossible to verify the reliability of the data for us. it is for the readers to decide what is right and what is wrong. important thing is that both pros and cons should be discussed.

You had earlier mentioned about the total investment recieved in gujarat is much higher compared to Haryana, Chatishgarh and all. the following link provides the total FDI figures for different states

http://pheku.in/2013/08/fdi-championship-results-announced-gujarats-so-so-record-propped-up-by-the-pheku-pump/

Similarly, the promised figure and realized figures are completely different as far as my state is concerned. you can see that from the following link:

http://pheku.in/2013/08/is-vibrant-gujarat-just-another-phek/

I have voted for Pheku 2 times (2002 and 2007 but was not in a position to vote as I work abroad now) hoping that there will be CHANGE. But his government is as hopless as the central government. Its ridiculous that we still vote these parties to power again and again. In west bengal they have elected Jyothi basu 5 or 6 times in a row. what happened to bengal? it went down to a below average state from an excellent position. I fear that Gujarat will become one such state if we elect pheku again and again. It will be as disastrous as electing "amul gandhi" or "moneymohan sing" again. So in general, I feel that I have voted for an IDLE. Gujarat is an important factor in Indian economy. So people should think twice next time before deciding whom to vote in the next assembly election.

apka wrote:
amitsolanki73 wrote:
Good points about Gujarat, akpaji. I come from that state. hence sharing a few more stats. it is showing a comparison with other states on various fronts. the picture is not that bright as many believe, I'm afraid

http://pheku.in/2013/08/summarizing-pheku-a-multi-dimensional-disaster/

Ok thanks for adding to input. But please post links having proper source of the info / stats. I have seen pheku site mentioned before and have also seen they have used images from articles about poverty in other party ruled states and copied over the same images to debunk / falsify. Anyway, point is to provide credible data for everyone to think.

The purpose of the thread is basic awareness, not just one or two points about stats or ratios. It is to provide with collective information as I have so people re-evaluate their thinking and selection process. Consider all pros and cons. And it has to be based on actual stats from a credible source, like assocham one you posted.

You have given stats about gujarat in comparison, immediately what came in my mind was compared to what and time period? It shows growth status in absolute terms 3 years ago, but in terms of % multi-year growth within each state, considering delhi haryana dont face natural calamities like hurricanes, size of population, education level earlier, guj being surrounded by 3 states which other ruling parties not being able to receive support of the required kind, at times draught affected, major earthquake damages in 2001, other hindrances, etc.? These are the type of questions that come on top of my head before believing any stat in words or image. As much of an optimist I am, I move forward with an equal skepticism. And this is what all information should provide in-detail-comparison.

I am not for one and against other. The thread is not about my personal choice. The theme of the thread without any dilution involves everything that is related to status Economy of India as a whole, where we were, where we stand, run by whom, capability of our leaders, are they fulfilling their duties, what we have, can have, should have, can we have, how to have, etc. 60 years have gone by, we have given chance - a major portion of our freedom to rule and govern us. to single party. How have they faired us, how in future will they fair us given their record and history, are they capable - the individuals standing in the posts of leaders and many such questions. Think of yourself, your seniors in family relatives, the times they have seen, we are seeing as in the middle of it, your children your future generation will have to live in and work out of. What would be good for your next 50 years, not just 5 years.
amitsolanki73
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #48   PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

correct, vinayji. we should consider options like Aam Aadmi Party of Kejriwal. It was him who unearthed the scams of Nithin Gadkari and Robert Vadhra.

vinay28 wrote:
at the least, the common needs to do two things. Identify the lesser evil and vote! This is the last chance.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #49   PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right Vinay, weighing the lesser evils or weighing pros and cons is what we need to do.

Btw, correction to amit, i nowhere mentioned gujarat or any other state before you posted the article about investments in gujarat n others by economictimes. I merely replied with my questions in mind and additional info i found qouted by assocham only which i replicated in bifurcation.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #50   PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Govt will take hard decisions to curb inessential imports: FM

Grappling with the stressed economy, Finance Minister P Chidambaram said "hard decisions" would be taken in the next few days and weeks to trim wasteful expenditure and curb import of "inessential" items.

Chidambaram said, "When you are facing gloomy situation, wasteful expenditure has to be curbed....You call it austerity measures, you can call it cut in non-plan expenditure...while we must continue to spend and continue to find money for productive investment."

Stating that there was need to curb all inessential imports, he said, "When you have the money, you can import anything and it does not make any difference to the economy. But when you are facing a stressful situation, you have to curb inessential imports."

"First step is to focus on supply side. Distribution side is antiquated... We have to focus on distribution system also," he added.

There is a concept called saving for the rainy day. But when we have the resources available and laying underutilized with us, why have we imported all these years? A very weak thing to say for an economist, just like few days back the PM had said rupee correction was much needed and is good for exporters. Lame attempts and excuses are growing with every passing statement. Our country imports more than we export so how is falling rupee good in totality? Yet the comment by the PM trying to dodge the real situation. Was this highlighted by the Media or in any debate?

Distribution and supply side is now being mentioned, it should be the first priority instead of trying to control demand. How can a growing population where 1/6th of the world's people reside see lowering in demands as we go further?

We need a leader who readily identifies with improving the supply side as part of the growth.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #51   PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CAG unearths Rs 17,000 crore scam in railways

A test audit by the comptroller and auditor general (CAG) of the railway's dual policy for transportation of iron ore has confirmed widespread suspicion that exporters have been blatantly misusing the policy. A multi-disciplinary investigation team, led by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), is already investigating some of these cases, and TOI has been reporting over the past year about the scandal.

Now, a draft para of a CAG audit sent to the railway ministry says that just in cases where it carried out the test audit recoverable dues to the government is over a staggering Rs 17,000 crore. And the figure is on the basis of an audit carried out at only 26 of the 75 loading points and 10 unloading points out of a total of 41.

On April 26, 2013, TOI had reported — based on its assessments, documents and information available from an ongoing multi-agency investigation— that total recoveries for the railways from the fraud could be as high as Rs 50,000 crore. The estimate now seems to be coming true as the CAG audit and the multi-agency criminal investigation progress.
amitsolanki73
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #52   PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing will happen with these CAG reports, akpaji. the frauds will still happen and these political criminals will still rule the people. they will still lecture about good governance and corruption. we, the fools, still vote for them. nobody talks about the Gujarat CAG report these days. it was only a few months back, the report was tabled in the assembly. see the report below.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/cag-slams-modi-regime-for-financial-irregularities/article3263639.ece

apka wrote:
Quote:
CAG unearths Rs 17,000 crore scam in railways

A test audit by the comptroller and auditor general (CAG) of the railway's dual policy for transportation of iron ore has confirmed widespread suspicion that exporters have been blatantly misusing the policy. A multi-disciplinary investigation team, led by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), is already investigating some of these cases, and TOI has been reporting over the past year about the scandal.

Now, a draft para of a CAG audit sent to the railway ministry says that just in cases where it carried out the test audit recoverable dues to the government is over a staggering Rs 17,000 crore. And the figure is on the basis of an audit carried out at only 26 of the 75 loading points and 10 unloading points out of a total of 41.

On April 26, 2013, TOI had reported — based on its assessments, documents and information available from an ongoing multi-agency investigation— that total recoveries for the railways from the fraud could be as high as Rs 50,000 crore. The estimate now seems to be coming true as the CAG audit and the multi-agency criminal investigation progress.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #53   PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you a kin of madhav singh solanki, former congress CM of Gujarat? Smile
amitsolanki73
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #54   PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
are you a kin of madhav singh solanki, former congress CM of Gujarat?

I had only doubts earlier but now I'm sure that you are that guy "Vinay Katiyar" Smile hehehe
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #55   PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amitsolanki73 wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

I had only doubts earlier but now I'm sure that you are that guy "Vinay Katiyar" Smile hehehe

hahaha!
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #56   PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Indian companies to cut bonuses, festive budgets: Survey

Majority of Indian companies are likely to lower employee bonuses and slash their festive budget by around 40% this season due to lower earnings and sales, an industry survey has revealed.

According to a survey conduced by the Associated Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Assocham), companies would significantly cut or avoid paying bonuses in the backdrop of a severe slowdown, pressure on earnings, and spiralling inflation further confounded by a sharp depreciation of rupee.

"Slowdown cast shadow over festivals of lights," said DS Rawat, Assocham secretary general, adding that due to steep fall in rupee, the budget on Diwali and other ensuing festivals like Dhanteras and Christmas may see a cut of around 40% this year.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #57   PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:

Vinay: Many years ago there was the Chalukya Empire. Its descendants in Maharashtra have the surname Salunkhe. The Salunkhes spread to Gujarat and Rajasthan and became known as Solankis. These 2 (IC member and ex CM) are obviously from same biradari!
Prakash Holla
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #58   PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the information provided by me including my views and questions on the actions and inactions in our country making you rethink, enough to discuss ahead?

I hope it is, as I am just warming up and pacing myself.

Replies and views will be appreciated.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #59   PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rakesh jhunjhunwala -
Quote:
I think I will commit suicide if this government is re-elected again
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #60   PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
Rakesh jhunjhunwala -
Quote:
I think I will commit suicide if this government is re-elected again

much much against my wishes, I wish this govt is re-elected again! Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Chit Chat All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: