Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Reqd For Blocking Adware in Maxthon.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Help Reqd For Blocking Adware in Maxthon.
AmitSwl_FnO
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Help Reqd For Blocking Adware in Maxthon. Reply with quote

Ichartians & IT guys,

I am facing a peculiar problem of getting ad pops by a wbsite named "Ad.adsmatte.com/Youradexchange.com" when i use icharts website in Maxthon. ABP (adblock plus is not able to block it...)
is there any method to block it????

Pls help though it is not Trading based question

thanks for reading and in advance for all help
Amit .....
kamal.icharts
Site Admin

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Reqd For Blocking Adware in Maxthon. Reply with quote

Dear Member,

The pop-up ads or opening of unwanted sites that are getting displayed at your end are due to some advertisement software’s installed in your system. Many times when we download torrents or install any software’s, we usually do not read all the instructions properly and such software’s / toolbars get installed in your system without much of our knowledge. Please remove these software’s and clear the browser cache and you will see no more ad campaigns or sites popping up.

For Maxthon, you can refer this link once http://www.maxthon.com/mx3/help/function/filter.htm

In case the issue still persists, you can contact our Support Team tomorrow during market hours and they will be glad to help you in resolving the issue.

Regards

Kamal
AmitSwl_FnO wrote:
Ichartians & IT guys,

I am facing a peculiar problem of getting ad pops by a wbsite named "Ad.adsmatte.com/Youradexchange.com" when i use icharts website in Maxthon. ABP (adblock plus is not able to block it...)
is there any method to block it????

Pls help though it is not Trading based question

thanks for reading and in advance for all help
Amit .....
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Careful Reply with quote

1 As Kamal says be careful while installing programs. Go for CUSTOM install and if in doubt say NO to bakwas like Ask (in particular)
2 C%^P like Ask can be very sticky and difficult to remove
3a Google for brilliant SW called UNLOCKER which JABARDASTI removes sticky C%^P like Ask
3b Suppose you are not able to delete WXYZ.exe and computer reports permission denied as program open and in use. Task manager doesnt show any such thing! Go to Program Files, locate WXYZ.exe and right click, choose unlocker, unlocker gives you options like forcibly delete : Cool!

TIP: 1 minute invested in taking care preventing ad/ malware infection saves 1 hour spent in deleting it AFTERWARDS

Joke: With great difficulty I removed many parts of Ask but even now Ask Travel 'remains' and computer msg says: "Most probably Ask Travel uninstalled" but link to control panel remains!!! I wonder whether people like Ask programmers dont have any thing better to do than ruin our happiness

Jai Hind, Prakash Holla

Last edited by pkholla on Mon May 25, 2015 9:32 am; edited 2 times in total
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try this. store this link and run it every week for a few weeks.

http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
AmitSwl_FnO
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot
Kamal
PkHollla
Vinay,,,,,

it is a fairly recent occurrence, In fact i have formated and reinstalled windows.
But the problem seems to be at browser level.
amit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Data All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: