Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi, I'm looking for automated trading software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Hi, I'm looking for automated trading software
vgnaveen
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Hi, I'm looking for automated trading software Reply with quote

Hi, Friends
This is Naveen... I'm looking for automated trading software...
Can anyone help me in this... Please let me know ...
my yahoo id: vgnaveen.1981
sharetiger
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

softwares and computers can help traders but not replace them..dont fall in that pit.....some desicions has to be taken intellectually..........emotional traders think of automated softwares and if it fails once then u will loose all the money with interest.........
ven657
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: automated software Reply with quote

Next wish will be for automated genuine (Not counterfeit) note printing machine. Why take the trouble of trading and earning.

There is no end to wants. Be smart to use what is available and make the most of it.
rksharma1091
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is called programmed trading.They use Cray Computer.Buy and Sell is programmed.Software according to sources may cost one lac per annum. Razz I read in economic times about it and some othe bizness magazines and news papers...but it is not available easily for retailers if someone can contact me on rksharma1091@yahoo.co.in
pradeepgolfer
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was a automated trading system which works nobody would sell it-they would use it make money.
HARISRIB
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pradeepgolfer wrote:
If there was a automated trading system which works nobody would sell it-they would use it make money.

Automated trading is quite common in forex trading. The purpose of it is to remove human emotions while trading. Even in automated trading systemm u need to define your own strategy and code it. So far i dont think we have any such software for stock market. But soon we will see an automated trading system for stock markets also.

Thanks,
Sri Hari
pradeepgolfer
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trading for 15 years.I repeat: who will work 8 hours a day for a pittance if they can make money watching a computer or by using an automated system ?.
An automated system is sold for the same reasons that a market is opened for trade-to separate you from your money.Unless you understand and accept that the market is manipulated for that sole purpose-to grab your money-you will never be a successful trader.
Any strategy that cannot be explained to my grandmother in 5 lines is of no use.
skhanna2006
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Automated trading software Reply with quote

I am a strong proponent of an automated trading system based on computer application. But first we need to know IS THERE A SINGLE SYSTEM THAT REALLY WORKS? I have seen people use all sorts of indicators and oscillators but only to lose money in the end. Unless there can be a strong system that works in most circumstances, i dont think automated buy-sell would be successful in the long run.
mahek
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: It is working Reply with quote

Goldman reported only 1 day of loss in June-July last year from Automated trading... Israeli company Final made 100 million$ from trading algorithm in DAX... many more stories...
charanprasad
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: ttrading system Reply with quote

Hi those who are lokking for automate trading system canvisit www.t3b.com.if this does not work search for t3b and i hope it is a good trading system. Smile Very Happy Smile
newinvestor
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the automated software will be a great help.

The problem now is that even if we have a particular trading strategy in mind, we often tend not to follow it in terms of entry, stop loss setting, and exit on profit.

Many decisions are made emotionally.

If we can have a software , where we can code our trading strategy , and the Computer does the buy and sell ( or sell and buy) , as per the pre set triggers, then trading can be less emotional and more scientific.
vishytns
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All,
Very good topic. It is debatable also.
This system is very familiar to forex traders. I would like to mention some of the points of these automated trading sytem.

a. As per veeru sir you can trade without mind. So no emotional trading.
b. You can run your script and leave your system. Actually very helpfull in overnight trading. You can sleep when your automated trading system is trading for you.
c. You need to have a very good trading strategy, with very good entry, exit criterias. For example you need to have a strategy very similar to SPECULATOR sir's ema trading.
d. One should know how to write programs which is a basic need. Apart from that you should also need to master the language. Once mastering the language you need to write a script that programs your trading strategy. You need to test your script on already available data, before you deploy it on the realtime data feeds.
e. Your automated script needs to take care of following things
1. Volatality of the stock.
2. Market depth of the stock.
3. Your entry criteria. For example, if you want to trade a "EVENING STAR", you need your program to do the following
a. Read the candles OHLC values, and indentify if the previous candle and current candle form a evening star. so u need to embed a logic that can recognize various types of candles. Automated trading system provides API's that u can use to find OHLC values, but not candle recognistion.
4. If your trading strategy involves any usage of indiacators, u should know how to program them. Automated trading system provides you current value of indicator but not the logic for various descisions you usually take on obeserving indicators. for example, RSI divergence, system provides u RSI data at current candle, but not the divergence. One more example is SLOPE of a moving avergae line, u need to program to find slope of moving average line.
f. One should clearly understand the LIBRARY of API's provided by the automated trading language, so it involves a good learning curve to master them.

One can find these things by googleing "Automated Trading Language". I know one of the forex trading software that provides you automated forex trading for free. You can write scripts and execute them.

Just google various combinations, u will find how to program automated trading systems.

Vishy
vishytns
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All,
If you want to identify some price patterns like Ascending Triangle, Descending Triangle, Symmetric Triange, and many more you post you message in casper thread and ask for help, just imagine how do you automate this process.
Vishy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: