Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you want the intraday bars to be?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Website News/Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the intraday bars be adjusted?
Yes, adjust it (eg. on 60 mins TF, 1st candle will be 60 mins, last will be 15 mins)
41%
 41%  [ 32 ]
No, do not adjust it (eg. on 60 mins TF, 1st candle will be 45 mins - 9:15-10:00 and last candle will be 30 mins)
41%
 41%  [ 32 ]
I don't care...anything is fine
16%
 16%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 77

Author How do you want the intraday bars to be?
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: How do you want the intraday bars to be? Reply with quote

Hi,

Please vote on the following:

Since the normal NSE trading hours have now been changed to 9:15 - 3:30, we are planning to adjust the intraday bars also. Example : If we do not adjust the bars then 60 mins chart will have a duration of 45 mins for the 1st candle and 15 mins for the last candle of the day. If we adjust all candles will have proper durations : 60 mins will have 60 mins duration for 1st candle (9:15-10:15). Only the last candles will be different for timeframes like 60 & 20 mins.

My personal suggestion is 1st candle on 60 mins should be 60 mins duration...the last candle being of lesser duration is acceptable. But we want to know how you want it. So please vote.

mvnm
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST

its better the first candle be 15 mins and remaining be of 60 ming duration.This is my choice. as the first 15 min candle would be very useful for trading.

M.Sri Mahidar
Trend is friend. AEOM
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msrimahidar wrote:
ST

its better the first candle be 15 mins and remaining be of 60 ming duration.This is my choice. as the first 15 min candle would be very useful for trading.

M.Sri Mahidar
Trend is friend. AEOM

1st candle will never be of 15 mins duration. If we do not adjust then it will be like today (1st candle - 45 mins), if we adjust then 1st candle will be 60 mins like normal hourly charts.

For 1st to be 15 mins one should just look at 15 mins chart Very Happy

SnoopTrade
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: How do you want the intraday bars to be? Reply with quote

Since the normal trading hour starts from 9:15am. I would prefer it to be adjusted so that 1st 60 minutes candle is from 9:15am-10:15am.

thumbup
veerappan
Expert
Expert

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

st....let the candle be 15 min or 60 min ...

give the lighter...or with match box....let the darknes go-away... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ravin_06
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you want the intraday bars to be? Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
Hi,

Please vote on the following:

Since the normal NSE trading hours have now been changed to 9:15 - 3:30, we are planning to adjust the intraday bars also. Example : If we do not adjust the bars then 60 mins chart will have a duration of 45 mins for the 1st candle and 15 mins for the last candle of the day. If we adjust all candles will have proper durations : 60 mins will have 60 mins duration for 1st candle (9:15-10:15). Only the last candles will be different for timeframes like 60 & 20 mins.

My personal suggestion is 1st candle on 60 mins should be 60 mins duration...the last candle being of lesser duration is acceptable. But we want to know how you want it. So please vote.

Yes, ST 1st candle should be 60 mins.
Thanks.
sourav25
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: i am comfortable with first 45min candle as hourly candle. Reply with quote

dear sir,
i have no problem to accept the first 45 min candle as the first hourly candle. but if u change the time frame eg. first candle will complete at 10.15am and the 2nd hourly candle completion at 11.15, it will may look odd because I am not familiar with it. and it may take a long duration to adjust my strategy with this time frame. so i am requesting you to not to change the time frame.
sourav chowdhury Smile
Arul Zen
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I request you to change the candle duration as 60 minutes.(9.15-10.15). It will be very helpful for traders. Currently I'm using odin charts for the same. they are maintaining 9.15-10.15 time frame.

Thanks and Regards

Arul
ven657
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: poll--------------- Reply with quote

5, 15, 45, ... eod, week, month

n, nx3, (nx3) x 3 etc should be time frame.

ven657
mrchan09
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, adjust it (eg. on 60 mins TF, 1st candle will be 15 mins)
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything is fine but PLEASE avoid, if u can, the last thin "gravestone doji" line showing 153000- 153000 in Candlesticks charts. It is quite misleading
Rgds Prakash Holla
ProTrader
Site Admin

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks:

This is closed. We are not revisiting this again. It is difficult to keep adjusting back data. Will look at the doji issue.

Thanks..PT
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh! forgot to lock this topic!!! Very Happy Locking it now.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Website News/Updates All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: