Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Parabolic SAR is calculated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author How Parabolic SAR is calculated
amitkbaid1008
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: How Parabolic SAR is calculated Reply with quote

Hi All

I was watching TATAELXSI charts for 15 minutes time frame. I observed that while calculating Parabolic SAR charts behave erratic. On Candle started at 12:00 Hours Parabolic SAR was shown as the then low of the candle i.e. 981.10 which got broke and new low of 980.10 was made but instead of Stop and Reversal the Parabolic SAR was shown as 980.10. Then I checked theoretical calculation by calculating myself manually which shown that Parabolic SAR at that candle to be 981.30 which was itself broken even before 981.10 but in charts Parabolic SAR not changed even in the next candle started at 12:15 Hours.

Can anyone explain why this happened or there is some error or mistake in my calculation or understanding
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: