Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to catch early TREND REVERSAL
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

From which Method early trend change should get found
Moving Averages
16%
 16%  [ 31 ]
Indicators
11%
 11%  [ 22 ]
Candelstics
33%
 33%  [ 63 ]
Mov Avg with Indicators
21%
 21%  [ 40 ]
Breakout Trading
17%
 17%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 190

Author How to catch early TREND REVERSAL
systrader
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: How to catch early TREND REVERSAL Reply with quote

There are various indicators and Moving averages Like MACD, STS, ATR SMA, EMA, DMA, WMA It seems often that they are lagging in nature and the main trend is judged/ catched only after the trend end's or about to end leads to significant loss or minor profit. So what is the solution for that Is there any possibility to catch the trend as it starts/Ends ?????

The answer:-
YES
But How?????

and which among them to given more importance.........
Views are welcomed.
newinvestor
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a good topic to discuss.

I have found RSI divergence as a good indication of a chance for reversal.

Also, candlestics ( Hammer etc) and candlestick patterns ( evening star, morning star etc)
ktpillai
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: How to catch early TREND REVERSAL Reply with quote

systrader wrote:
There are various indicators and Moving averages Like MACD, STS, ATR SMA, EMA, DMA, WMA It seems often that they are lagging in nature and the main trend is judged/ catched only after the trend end's or about to end leads to significant loss or minor profit. So what is the solution for that Is there any possibility to catch the trend as it starts/Ends ?????
Yes,everybody says go with the trend but nobody is able to say whether the trend is bullish or bearish.

The answer:-
YES
But How?????

and which among them to given more importance.........
Views are welcomed.
Quote:
Rebel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

systrader,
i would like to add an option named heikin-ashi candle patterns.just plot them and try yourself....it helps alot to catch trends virtually.
systrader
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: HELP NEW ONE Reply with quote

Please feel free to write which will help more and more new traders..

Its personal choice to adapt any one (These are which I personally experienced)

Moving Avg are lagging by nature they signals breakout and gives confirmation after moving few points and if market moves in range bound they leads to triggering SL many times they only helps when the market is in trending phase. another ones will be discussed step by step if any one have any doubt/query feel free to write/comment......

you can try any Mov Avg if it is smaller then leads to noice/useless and if higher enough early trend reversal catching is not possible. If you use smaller Mov Avg for catching the early reversal which may actually prove the retracement level.
However half of total Traders would use Movg avg for trading.
preetsd
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Price as a best indicator Reply with quote

you have use some indicators in combination and observe what is happening with its price

but you gotta statistically tets the indicator back on time and then only you can confirm

[CONTENT REMOVED BY ADMIN]
systrader
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Mov Avg and Draw back Reply with quote

CHECK IT

Movg Avg working.doc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Movg Avg working.doc
 Filesize:  130 KB
 Downloaded:  1599 Time(s)

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

preetsd,

Your forum access has been removed for posting your company advertisement.

pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

systrader: there is an IC provided indicator in J Ch Premium which is called DMA: displaced moving average.
Try the settings 8 periods MA and 3 periods displacement to the LEFT. Either arith or expon will do as per your appetite.
When the DMA cuts into the price line then trend is less and it MAY be an alert for you to exit the trade
Always use with other indicator/s that you trust
Prakash Holla
drsureshbs
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
systrader,
i would like to add an option named heikin-ashi candle patterns.just plot them and try yourself....it helps alot to catch trends virtually.

sir can u eloborate a little bit pl
Rebel
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drsureshbs wrote:
Rebel wrote:
systrader,

drsureshbs,
heikin ashi is a type of candle stick that reflect trends clearly,just google it for more info.
saumya12
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
drsureshbs wrote:
Rebel wrote:
systrader,

drsureshbs,
heikin ashi is a type of candle stick that reflect trends clearly,just google it for more info.

Hi
Posting below an Heiken Asji chart of NIFTY in daily tf
Can you please elaborate how to study it.
Thanks

NIFTY Heiken Ashi Chart 1.2.14.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.97 KB
 Viewed:  1122 Time(s)

NIFTY Heiken Ashi Chart  1.2.14.png

yoginishreyas
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

This is good topic to discuss, new traders like me find it very difficult initially to plot where to enter or exit.

I draw my conclusion to enter at crossover of moving averages but it did not work when price move sideways but then in such cases I need to pivot points to find out s/l or entry point.

Personally i believe that their is nothing called perfect set up, if your strategy gives 60-70% probability then it is best strategy after all investment in stocks IS subject to market risk but then your logic works best in such cases. Main focus should be to earn much more returns then your bank can offer you without wiping out your coral capital.

If you don't bet, you can't win. If you lose all your chips, you can't bet.

Very Happy

Regards
Shreyas
systrader
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: What is Fun for using Mov Avg on long TF Reply with quote

Moving Average Failure instead of gain it lead to loss Various indicators will be discussed step by step........ However Moving average have gained only 8% vote means lesser number of people are using them..

Mov Avg not working.doc
 Description:
Moving average Failure

Download
 Filename:  Mov Avg not working.doc
 Filesize:  132.5 KB
 Downloaded:  851 Time(s)

singh.ravee
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #15   PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as per my limited knowledge, price structure helps in catching trend early. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: