Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOW TO PICK RIGHT stock FOR LONG TERM INVESTING?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author HOW TO PICK RIGHT stock FOR LONG TERM INVESTING?
NiftyKochin
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: HOW TO PICK RIGHT stock FOR LONG TERM INVESTING? Reply with quote

HI
i have seen vipind price moving from 40rs to 1100rs in a span of 2 years.... prestige and titan also done the same....... how to pick such a stock from the initial stage........ is it technical analisys or some thing else,,,,, i hope i will get guidance from here....

aromal
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: HOW TO PICK RIGHT stock FOR LONG TERM INVESTING? Reply with quote

NiftyKochin wrote:
HI
i have seen vipind price moving from 40rs to 1100rs in a span of 2 years.... prestige and titan also done the same....... how to pick such a stock from the initial stage........ is it technical analisys or some thing else,,,,, i hope i will get guidance from here....
aromal

you may see my thread on "a simple strategy for investment" if you wish. It was posted some months ago. Note that I haven't updated it.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wouldnt that be lovely... only afterwards we come to know the reasons of rise..

prestige because of land and property valuations

hul due to spreading business in rural areas

titan in relation to gold rise and titan expanding business into titan eye

bata why it rose from 300 to 900 no idea
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one needs to have inside info otherwise not possible i think.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:

apka, even if you don't have inside info, price trend and its TA does give us good profit, unless the event/info is sudden. If you have inside info, you make much more profit. Smile
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: HOW TO PICK RIGHT stock FOR LONG TERM INVESTING? Reply with quote

NiftyKochin wrote:
HI .. how to pick such a stock from the initial stage........ is it technical analysis or some thing else, aromal

Forget fundamentals initially, they are factored into price:
1) Look at annual or 2 year daily candle chart in J Ch EOD
2) Identify shares that are at or near bottom for the period (eg 1 yr or 2 yrs). For example HUL was at 215 in April 2010. Today 600!
3) Start with shares in NSE Top 100+Midcap50, then go for riskier shares
4) Check whether earnings intact or only slight dip: goto BSE for this
5) See Peer Comparison in BSE, good way to compare similar companies eg Infy/ TCS/ Wipro
6) Finally go to "moneycontrol" to see comments from actual investors. Many Bombay investors get inside tips from brokers or insiders and publish the same!
If all factors are positive, invest and sit back. If you had put Rs 1 lakh in HUL in 2010 then today worth Rs 3 lakhs!
Cheers, Prakash Holla
PS Recently Titan was hammered to around 200, I did the above analysis and found the share was definitely worth buying. I have bought at Rs 207. Lets see the future prospects!
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think most of them had news rakesh jhunjhunwala had invested in them.. stocks run atleast 20-50% just based on that
SP50
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
apka wrote:

apka, even if you don't have inside info, price trend and its TA does give us good profit, unless the event/info is sudden. If you have inside info, you make much more profit. Smile

I still feel lot depends on where u r to get the right inside info.A powerful person with immense contacts and offcourse ability to purchase huge amount.
ragarwal
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hii vinay,how is pfc around 160 for a target of 185 and a stop of 155 or so?
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragarwal wrote:
Hii vinay,how is pfc around 160 for a target of 185 and a stop of 155 or so?

In general I don't get time to study scrips and I definitely do not study PSU stocks. I have posted my strategy just for info of others. If I find time, I will post some scrips in near future. But I feel there is some time to start long term investment, Let the dust settle first.

Also your query is for trading in scrips which I am rarely interested.
ragarwal
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vinay.It would be really helpful if you could post some scrips for investment with a profit margin between 20-25%.
Warm regards Rashmi
NiftyKochin
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: HOW TO PICK RIGHT stock FOR LONG TERM INVESTING? Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
NiftyKochin wrote:
HI .. how to pick such a stock from the initial stage........ is it technical analysis or some thing else, aromal

Forget fundamentals initially, they are factored into price:
1) Look at annual or 2 year daily candle chart in J Ch EOD
2) Identify shares that are at or near bottom for the period (eg 1 yr or 2 yrs). For example HUL was at 215 in April 2010. Today 600!
3) Start with shares in NSE Top 100+Midcap50, then go for riskier shares
4) Check whether earnings intact or only slight dip: goto BSE for this
5) See Peer Comparison in BSE, good way to compare similar companies eg Infy/ TCS/ Wipro
6) Finally go to "moneycontrol" to see comments from actual investors. Many Bombay investors get inside tips from brokers or insiders and publish the same!
If all factors are positive, invest and sit back. If you had put Rs 1 lakh in HUL in 2010 then today worth Rs 3 lakhs!
Cheers, Prakash Holla
PS Recently Titan was hammered to around 200, I did the above analysis and found the share was definitely worth buying. I have bought at Rs 207. Lets see the future prospects!
thanks prakash
NiftyKochin
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks vinay for the reply.....
nameeta26
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

You need to perform the fundamental analysis of the company and analyse every quantitative and qualitative aspect of that company. It will reveal the potential of the company and helps you to decide.
Sun08
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #15   PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a look at this thread. it tallies a great deal with what I have been telling my friends for many years. I have/had some of the stocks mentioned therein.

http://www.icharts.in/forum/a-simple-strategy-for-investment-t4929,highlight,simple++strategy+long+term+investment.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Stocks All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: