Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to select stocks for next trading session

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author how to select stocks for next trading session
suppressemotion
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: how to select stocks for next trading session Reply with quote

hello fellow traders

i looking to learn a art of selecting a stocks for next trading session.if any of my friend who trade in stocks.can share his views here . how he select stocks. what parameters he uses volume,support, resistance, gainer, loser. it will be really appreciated.

thax
suppress
Smile Smile
sherbaaz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: how to select stocks for next trading session Reply with quote

suppressemotion wrote:
hello fellow traders

i looking to learn a art of selecting a stocks for next trading session.if any of my friend who trade in stocks.can share his views here . how he select stocks. what parameters he uses volume,support, resistance, gainer, loser. it will be really appreciated.

thax
suppress
Smile Smile

http://www.icharts.in/forum/rsi-2-trend-trading-set-up-t2660.html

try this link this may help u this is a set up i was using earlier trade in the direction of the trend .

http://www.icharts.in/forum/range-contraction-nr7-id-t2933.html

this NR7 link it might also help u

regds,
suppressemotion
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: how to select stocks for next trading session Reply with quote

sherbaaz wrote:
suppressemotion wrote:
hello fellow traders

thax
suppress
Smile Smile

http://www.icharts.in/forum/rsi-2-trend-trading-set-up-t2660.html

try this link this may help u this is a set up i was using earlier trade in the direction of the trend .

http://www.icharts.in/forum/range-contraction-nr7-id-t2933.html

this NR7 link it might also help u

regds,

thax sherbaaz will read these threads. will contact u for further inquiry

thax alot
suppress
suppressemotion
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: nr7 nifty Reply with quote

hello sher n rvg

i have uploaded excel sheet of of nifty for last few days can u please check that. correct me me if m wrong in formula. bcoz this is first time m using excell.

thax
suppress

nifty nr7.xls
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  nifty nr7.xls
 Filesize:  211 KB
 Downloaded:  794 Time(s)

sherbaaz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: nr7 nifty Reply with quote

suppressemotion wrote:
hello sher n rvg

i have uploaded excel sheet of of nifty for last few days can u please check that. correct me me if m wrong in formula. bcoz this is first time m using excell.

thax
suppress

Hi,

I dont know abt the formula as I have not used it to calculate the nr7 but the best way to chk it is chkk on chart and see visually whether its and nr7 day or not.

regds,
suppressemotion
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: nr7 nifty Reply with quote

sherbaaz wrote:
suppressemotion wrote:
hello sher n rvg

thax
suppress

Hi,

I dont know abt the formula as I have not used it to calculate the nr7 but the best way to chk it is chkk on chart and see visually whether its and nr7 day or not.

regds,

yup...that may be better idea.as i found excel difficult. but thax sher for your quick reply.

thax alot
suppress Smile Smile
amitkbaid1008
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi suppress

NR7 is non-directional i.e. you can expect great movement after NR7 days but it does not indicate direction of movement.

I would suggest you
1. Try putting data in chronological order from top to bottom
2. Start calculating NR7 only after first 7 period
3. Also try to visualize the candle formation as suggested by Sherbaaz. You can also try this by calculating difference of close and open. My point is expectation of great movement is higher when there is Doji than in case of Marubazu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: